I need to Vent;I hate the State of Pennsylvania

plenzmd1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that and they just busted some bars for selling non-makers mark from makers mark bottles...the beer thing is an absolute joke....all about semantics and not having the exact name registered...or no one willing to use a bit of common sense....that said, i have been on a beer quest up here checking out local establishments and I am completely blown away by what i have found so far in my little part of the area in the Western Suburbs of Philly....amazing little places with amazing beer selections....and several within 5 minutes of me......god help me...

I am gonna get the fireworks going... But what the hell here goes:

Ask the Red States, the Inter-Mountain West, the South, and Alaska to help out... Off the backs of the industrialized north, subsidized those others infrastructure (power, phones, roads, etc...) from the 1930's on through the1960's... Oh, and ask Appalachia to help out too, they seem to have some of the best roads in West Virginia... How the !@#$ did they get that?

This is all light-hearted of course, so to some: Lighten-up. NO need to get ugly.

:thumbsup:

Spent a lifetime there (PA) one year. Pottstown area, on nuke construction. Getting my car registered was a crazy experience. Had to pay for the registration at Franks' house, then drive to Jimbob's place to purchase insurance, then head to Debbie's house, interupt their dinner to follow her out to the garage to stacks and stacks of license plates to buy. Never saw anything like this before or since.

It was explained to me then, the reason for the terrible condition of the turnpike/highways throughout the state is because -as a commonwealth- they don't spend money on road repair until the state has collected enough to begin... Thus, a never-ending series of potholes you can get all 4 wheels into before you go bashing out the other side of..

Been avoiding the state ever since.

Spent a lifetime there (PA) one year. Pottstown area, on nuke construction. Getting my car registered was a crazy experience. Had to pay for the registration at Franks' house, then drive to Jimbob's place to purchase insurance, then head to Debbie's house, interupt their dinner to follow her out to the garage to stacks and stacks of license plates to buy. Never saw anything like this before or since.

It was explained to me then, the reason for the terrible condition of the turnpike/highways throughout the state is because -as a commonwealth- they don't spend money on road repair until the state has collected enough to begin... Thus, a never-ending series of potholes you can get all 4 wheels into before you go bashing out the other side of..

:thumbsup:;)

Gotta admit, there is a down home quality to that! ;)

another reason why I hate PA

http

://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...omplaint_.html

Registering beer? :thumbsup:

And yet, there are people in this country who think the government should have even more power than it does now.

The bar deserves to be busted for this.

agreed

Lordy, that had me laughing!!

Don't know when you lived there, but at some point in the early to mid 80's, the state changed the automobile safety inspection requirement to once a year. Prior to that, the state required all autos to be inspected twice a year. Talk about a PITA.

Don't know when you lived there, but at some point in the early to mid 80's, the state changed the automobile safety inspection requirement to once a year. Prior to that, the state required all autos to be inspected twice a year. Talk about a PITA.

That was the time frame; 82-83. Only had the one DMV-less saga. Best thing about that time there was the pro sports era for Philly. While I lived there, the Flyers made the Cup finals and the 76ers', Phillies and USFL Stars won league championships!! Only the Eagles sucked.. The Sports pages were fanatastic that year!