I need to Vent;I hate the State of Pennsylvania

plenzmd1

Let me preface this by stating I went to school in Western PA and had a great time and most of my good friends are from the Commonwealth of PA.

That being said, I just hate going to PA. Have to travel to Pittsburgh or Philly prolly once per month.

Here is what I hate

1) Interstate instantaneously turns to chit as soon as you cross into PA..I don't care what highway you are on.

2) Speed Limit goes down as soon as you pass into PA for NO reason

3) Or maybe that is why there is a cop every 3 miles.

4) Breezewood...any other place in the union where you have to exit to get from one interstate to the other? Who was the brilliant engineer that concocted that idea.

5) The Turnpike..expensive, jersey walls everywhere, expensive gas and dirty rest areas (Must say have grown to love the Jersey Turnpike full service stations)

6) Having to go into some nasty bar in BFE to buy a 6 pack..and then getting a great selection of Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, or PBR

7) Downtown Pittsburgh streets, and little to no public transportation available

8) High Taxes on everything, including gas

There are many more..can someone from PA explain to me is any redeeming qualities that make you want to live there?

9) It just feels like you go back in time 25 years as soon as you cross the PA state line.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a supervisor at my work who was a complete ass. He did lots of stuff that made no sense and other supes would always explain his illogical actions by saying he was from Pennsylvania. I've never been there,but if it's inhabited entirely by people like him it must suck.

Come on down and sit on my deck and drink a few with me and my friends. I have a little 30 acre piece of heaven to me. Quiet and beautiful scenery . And I can leave my door open at night and not worry.I lived in South Buffalo until I was almost 18. My Mother still lives in Blasdell. I would not trade with them ever. Dirty ,cars weaving in and out people flipping each other offer. Yeah thats the life.Arabs Indians and thugs . Get real. :P

I have to agree with you on all accounts.

• Traffic sucks. I-76 is gridlocked at all hours of the day.
  • The mass transit system is a friggin joke.
  • People commended Mayor Nutter over the way he handled the recent snowstorms, but in reality, the streets are still not clear with cars still buried.
  • My trash hasn't been picked up in the 2 weeks since the storms.
  • Beer costs an arm and a leg and you can't buy anything less than a case unless you go to a bar where you are subjected to bar prices.

Just recently the city of Philadelphia instituted a sort of "stimulus plan" where they were going to create work and jobs and repave streets all over the city. Well, wouldn't you know, 1 paving company got the bulk of the contract worth millions of taxpayer $$$ and they tore up streets that were paved as recently as 2 years ago. :P

At least while living here in Philly, we do have relatively close access to major hubs up and down the east coast (NYC, Atlantic City, DC, Baltimore, and Delaware when I need to pick up tax free alcohol).

But we also have close access to a full spectrum of dooshbags.

Come on down and sit on my deck and drink a few with me and my friends. I have a little 30 acre piece of heaven to me. Quiet and beautiful scenery . And I can leave my door open at night and not worry.I lived in South Buffalo until I was almost 18. My Mother still lives in Blasdell. I would not trade with them ever. Dirty ,cars weaving in and out people flipping each other offer. Yeah thats the life.Arabs Indians and thugs . Get real. :P

I believe the OP was talking about 'political' or 'governmental' states, and not a state of 'lifestyle' and/or 'location'.

Pennsylvania you just have to deal with a few weird things, like the state liquor control board and their stores. If you're a boozehound you make out better in Buffalo. State run liquor stores in Pennsylvania have a joke of a selection in comparison to a Premier. It's also nice to get a 6-pack at Wegmans instead of going to a bar to pick up the same.

:P

Pennsylvania roads are notorious for being in bad shape, but I trekked around some Buffalo area roads this past weekend that are near moonscapes.

Pennsylvania you just have to deal with a few weird things, like the state liquor control board and their stores. If you're a boozehound you make out better in Buffalo. State run liquor stores in Pennsylvania have a joke of a selection in comparison to a Premier. It's also nice to get a 6-pack at Wegmans instead of going to a bar to pick up the same.

:P

Pennsylvania roads are notorious for being in bad shape, but I trekked around some Buffalo area roads this past weekend that are near moonscapes.

Washington is looking at selling all it's state run liquor stores to raise money. I think it's a great idea.