Olympic Hockey Questions

dib

1. Were the announcers last night the VS announcers?

2. Are they Canadian

3. Did it sound to you like they were saying 'American' like it was a dirty word?

They are also the NBC Hockey announcers, which is I'm sure how they got the Olympic gig. Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyck are both American.

i don't know about your questions, but i commented on how hard it must be to be a hockey play by play, and how the guy last night did an outstanding job. i was very impressed, but i am not a hockey fan so i do not know if that was the norm

As furious as the action was the play by play was right on top of it.

i don't know about your questions, but i commented on how hard it must be to be a hockey play by play, and how the guy last night did an outstanding job. i was very impressed, but i am not a hockey fan so i do not know if that was the norm

Doc is one of the very best ever at what he does. A total class act in virtually every way.

Doc is one of the very best ever at what he does. A total class act in virtually every way.

No doubt. Even Al Michaels was quoted saying he wasn't one tenth as good as Emrick. The guy almost never misses a name. Amazing in a tourney like this when all the players have changed teams.

1. Were the announcers last night the VS announcers?

2. Are they Canadian

3. Did it sound to you like they were saying 'American' like it was a dirty word?

I found Doc to be, if anything, biased to the Americans...which I was happy to be part of.

They highlighted all those nice plays by Americans getting back on defense but rarely showed the total dominance of Canada in the zone. Besides when the US had power plays, it was a Canadian man advantage all night long. Makes the win pretty sweet though.

The play-by-play was off the charts fantastic...noting colleges, birth places, teams, teammates, juniors, etc. all in the middle of end-to-end no commercial action.