The road to nowhere

Jim in Anchorage

I would have put all my paper route money into MSFT shares.

At its peak, MSFT was 600 times it's lowest price after the IPO in '86. I bet you have 600x the money you had when you delivered papers (or at least close to it). And by the way, with newspapers going the way of the dinosaur and most folks having landscapers take care of their lawns, what are kids going to do to earn money these days?

Now, last spring I rented a car from Dollar (DTG). The following Monday I looked at the chart and thought, "I should be buying those calls rather than renting their cars." The stock was trading under a dollar and now it's near $30. I'd like to have 30x the money I had a year ago.

:D

At its peak, MSFT was 600 times it's lowest price after the IPO in '86. I bet you have 600x the money you had when you delivered papers (or at least close to it). And by the way, with newspapers going the way of the dinosaur and most folks having landscapers take care of their lawns, what are kids going to do to earn money these days?

Now, last spring I rented a car from Dollar (DTG). The following Monday I looked at the chart and thought, "I should be buying those calls rather than renting their cars." The stock was trading under a dollar and now it's near $30. I'd like to have 30x the money I had a year ago.

:D

If we all were allowed to invest with hindsight no one would be working. The Caribbean would be very, very crowded.

• 2 months later...

worked harder at my marriage...not that I am upset that we divorced, I just think I could have been a better husband, but it all seems to be for the best now, so.....

If you could change anything you did in the past, what would it be? Kind of dull, I would have never started smoking.

I would have sold my condo in the 80s. Took the funds from that and all I had and bought shares in Intel. I probably could have 10 condos now.

Also, would have grown up sooner instead of "woe is me" attitude when younger