The road to nowhere

Jim in Anchorage

I would have went to college. I don't know what I would have taken,but I would have at least went to the local CC and wrestled there.

Your write, you should have went to college.

I would have continued to blow up the punt returner instead of breaking down and being clipped and having my knee blown out.

I would have eliminated those meddling kids when they pulled up in their van. The dog, too.

-----------------------------------------------

I figure I've learned from my mistakes, so regret is a waste of time. But, gun to my head - I should have gone with Lisa to the prom. There - I said it.

I would have gotten my degree and gotten a job working for the conservation department or US forest service.

Heh...when I was in grade school, we were given an assignment...take the school's copy of the Occupational Outlook Handbook, pick an occupation, and write an essay about what you chose.

http://www.bls.gov/OCO/

I picked geology. I ended up in chemistry, but in retrospect, I shoulda stayed with geology. I like dirt. :D

I would have put all my paper route money into MSFT shares.

Iomega (the Zip Drive people) dropped to $1.67 in the mid-late '90's. I noticed it but did nothing. They went on to split several times, 2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc., and finally fell into the toilet at over 30 bucks per share.

Had I put 20K into them at the bottom, made arrangements to sell off without perturbing the market, I would be typing this from a residency in the Cayman Islands.

Not that I'd be posting on TBD in the first place, if that happened... :D

Heh...when I was in grade school, we were given an assignment...take the school's copy of the Occupational Outlook Handbook, pick an occupation, and write an essay about what you chose.

http://www.bls.gov/OCO/

I picked geology. I ended up in chemistry, but in retrospect, I shoulda stayed with geology. I like dirt. :D

That occupational aptitude test we all took in middle school indicated I should go into forestry service, to date, I think I'm the only one who ever agreed with the results they got. One of my friends was supposed to go into child care and development, he's a Lt. Col. in the Air Force now supervising a mission support squadron, so maybe the test WAS right for him as well.

You should. You're as old as most of it.

ZING!!! Tom, you have to admit that was waaaaaay too easy!

Iomega (the Zip Drive people) dropped to $1.67 in the mid-late '90's. I noticed it but did nothing. They went on to split several times, 2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc., and finally fell into the toilet at over 30 bucks per share.

Had I put 20K into them at the bottom, made arrangements to sell off without perturbing the market, I would be typing this from a residency in the Cayman Islands.

Not that I'd be posting on TBD in the first place, if that happened... :D

Oh I would be with lots of !@#$ you suckers sprinkled in my posts. But then again that's the Chef Jim you've all come to know and "love".