If I Was The Buddy Nix...

The Bills are riddled withe holes and the goal should be to fill those holes as soon as possible. Our most pressing needs are QB, LT, and NT. I would love to go snatch Wilfork or some other high profile guy but thats just not realistic in our situation. This is what i would do to turn around this franchise.

I do not trust the bills scouting department. I do think that Nix will improve this area, but three months is not enough time to do this. I Would much rather try to get some lower profile but solid free agents. For quarterback i would sign Jason Campbell. He is a solid starter and not to mention cheap, as it looks Shanahan and Snyder will look for their quarterback in the draft. Next I would trade Drayton Florence and a Third round draft choice to the Ravens for the rights to Jared Gathier who will be a RFA. The Ravens are in desperate need of additions to their secondary and i though i do like Florence this team has too many needs to have so many solid corner backs.

Once our most pressing issues are dealt with we can then turn to the draft. With the first pick I would trade down with a team either looking to snatch Rolando McClain or Dez Bryant before Miami and Denver can get a shot ( teams in win now mode like the Giants, who need a replacement for Antonio Pierce, or the Ravens who need a receiving threat opposite Derrik Mason) and then draft Dan Williams as our NT. The with the second pick take OT Charles Brown to shore up our o-line and with the third take a developmental QB like Tony Pike or Dan Lefevour (I Haven't seen enough of either of them to make an educated choice between them).

Our final team would look like this.

QB-Campbell

RB-Jackson/Lynch

WR-Evans

WR-Johnson

TE-Nelson

LT-Gaither

LG-Levitre

C-Wood

RG-Incognito

RT-Brown

DE-Stroud

NT-D.Williams

DE-K.Williams

ROLB-Maybin

RILB-Posluszny

LILB-Mitchell

LOLB-Schobel

CB-McGee

CB-McKelvin

SS-Whitner

FS-Byrd

Not to shabby if I do say so myself.

The Bills are riddled withe holes and the goal should be to fill those holes as soon as possible. Our most pressing needs are QB, LT, and NT. I would love to go snatch Wilfork or some other high profile guy but thats just not realistic in our situation. This is what i would do to turn around this franchise.

I do not trust the bills scouting department. I do think that Nix will improve this area, but three months is not enough time to do this. I Would much rather try to get some lower profile but solid free agents. For quarterback i would sign Jason Campbell. He is a solid starter and not to mention cheap, as it looks Shanahan and Snyder will look for their quarterback in the draft. Next I would trade Drayton Florence and a Third round draft choice to the Ravens for the rights to Jared Gathier who will be a RFA. The Ravens are in desperate need of additions to their secondary and i though i do like Florence this team has too many needs to have so many solid corner backs.

Once our most pressing issues are dealt with we can then turn to the draft. With the first pick I would trade down with a team either looking to snatch Rolando McClain or Dez Bryant before Miami and Denver can get a shot ( teams in win now mode like the Giants, who need a replacement for Antonio Pierce, or the Ravens who need a receiving threat opposite Derrik Mason) and then draft Dan Williams as our NT. The with the second pick take OT Charles Brown to shore up our o-line and with the third take a developmental QB like Tony Pike or Dan Lefevour (I Haven't seen enough of either of them to make an educated choice between them).

QB-Campbell

RB-Jackson/Lynch

WR-Evans

WR-Johnson

TE-Nelson

LT-Gaither

LG-Levitre

C-Wood

RG-Incognito

RT-Brown

DE-Stroud

NT-D.Williams

DE-K.Williams

ROLB-Maybin

RILB-Posluszny

LILB-Mitchell

LOLB-Schobel

CB-McGee

CB-McKelvin

SS-Whitner

FS-Byrd

The Ravens are NOT going to trade Gaither. He's their starting LT.

Oher is a fantastic RT. They love him there. Expect him to be an excellent RT for the next ten years. You can't trade for a guy the other team expects to be a keystone for the next ten years. It's a pipe dream. Gaither and Oher are cornerstones and neither one is going anywhere, whether or not we would like them on our team.

QB-Campbell

RB-Jackson/Lynch

WR-Evans

WR-Johnson

TE-Nelson

LT-Gaither

LG-Levitre

C-Wood

RG-Incognito

RT-Brown

DE-Stroud

NT-D.Williams

DE-K.Williams

ROLB-Maybin

RILB-Posluszny

LILB-Mitchell

LOLB-Schobel

CB-McGee

CB-McKelvin

SS-Whitner

FS-Byrd

Its about the BIG picture... The goal is to reach and win the Superbowl... Filling holes quickly won't do that... They need to step back and build it the right way... Its not going to be pretty in '10.. But, I honestly believe these guys have the right plan in mind.. Get the QB first!!!!!!! filling holes with FA's is the last step... get draft choices.. unload dead weight... This is a draft heavy on talent in areas the Bills are weak (except QB)..

Try to find ways to accumulate picks in rounds 2-5... OL,DL, LB.. Big picture guys....

Oher is a fantastic RT. They love him there. Expect him to be an excellent RT for the next ten years. You can't trade for a guy the other team expects to be a keystone for the next ten years. It's a pipe dream. Gaither and Oher are cornerstones and neither one is going anywhere, whether or not we would like them on our team.

Agreed, and also Campbell is an RFA, they would have to trade for him.

Exactly...

Florence and a 3rd for Jared Gaither???

HAHAHA! That's a Madden '10 move if I've ever seen one here.

Gaither is going to warrant SEVERAL high picks...TWO 1st's probably?

*I DO think they WILL TRY to trade him, because they think Oher could be a LT...but it won't happen.

I don't think Campbell is a good enough leader, that's my problem with him. Besides he's been in a different offense almost every year of his college and pro career. Not good.

I think the WR position is a hidden pothole for the Bills. With Owens and Reed possibly leaving that's 82 receptions gone, and would leave Parrish as the 2nd most tenured receiver. I'd think about dialing up Antonio Bryant or maybe T.O. again. NO ONE believes the hype about the Bengals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...aging-receiver/