Toyota: Democrats 'not industry friendly'

Magox

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM is recalling 1.3 million vehicles... We will see how they handle it and what becomes of it. Will they tend to business or sweep problems under the rug like Toyota.

GM Recall

What do you get when you mix a Checy with a Toyota: A Toylet.

:thumbsup: Booooo!

It's okay it is only 14 crashes and the cars are built by union workers so they are forgiven. No congressional hearings required.

It's okay it is only 14 crashes and the cars are built by union workers so they are forgiven. No congressional hearings required.

NO they are not! Toyota has been burying their problems for 20 years. I think the same thing is set for GM if they can't get their engineering and safety record taken care of right away. If GM goes ahead and buries the problem... They too should be strung up! Let's see if they tend to their house/consumer. Outside of Toyota, most automakers (foreign and domestic) do not try and play the blatant, arrogant games with consumer safety... Which a lot learned out of the Ford/Pinto debacle.

Very true. Unfortunately people do not place an emphasis on drivers education anymore. Not saying that would cure everything or the level of panic some people will have. But it should help.

I let my license lapse by 2 days and they made me re-take the written test.... Boy was I sweating it! I missed two (allowed to miss 7)... They were on drunk driving laws... I just thought you lost your license when busted... They were asking questions about how long and other ramifications about temporary driving/education... :thumbsup:

Why are we still splitting hairs with Toyota... Recall all the vehicles with the e-gas/potentiometers... Order the parts and fix the problem. What seems to be the issue? Just order the parts and fix the problem. Be done with it!

Why for many years does Toyota seem to be in denial aboiut their warts. Get a firm handle on the issue (notice GM even has a milelage range where it becomes a problem) with regard to engineering and be done with it.

For such "quality" vehicles and great rep... Toyota always seems to hem and haw... I guess that is how the rich get ahead, nickle and dime everyting. Just fix the issue... Geeze Louise! You would think they were Ralph Wilson!

NO they are not! Toyota has been burying their problems for 20 years. I think the same thing is set for GM if they can't get their engineering and safety record taken care of right away. If GM goes ahead and buries the problem... They too should be strung up! Let's see if they tend to their house/consumer. Outside of Toyota, most automakers (foreign and domestic) do not try and play the blatant, arrogant games with consumer safety... Which a lot learned out of the Ford/Pinto debacle.

But GM is owned by the government, so is Obama going to step up and address the issues?

So who pays for the GM recall costs? I guess we do. No problem though. Like LABillz says. Just print some money and give some to GM. I wish we could do that here at our little business when we fug up. That would be cool

Just for the record, the money the Federal Reserve prints doesn't go towards any of the TARP bailouts, so GM doesn't receive money directly from the Reserve, it would come from Treasury. So to say that we could just print more money and give it to GM would be inaccurate. A more accurate statement would be ok we could just borrow more money from China and give it to GM.

Ok, carry on folks.

Gotta admit... Toyota made one nice FJ40 (Original Landcrusier) back the 1970's... The they "Yuppiefied" then Landcrusier into a luxury wagon. <_< Try finding one of these that is not in a heap of rust (which they did in the matter of minutes of coming off the line):

FJ40

Sure the "J" nomenclature stands for Jeep... Those rides were anything but fake... Unlike the "Fake Jeep" Crusier they are pumping out today.

:nana:

Which, when you think of it, is really a nice change from their "!@#$ around for two decades and let the federal government fix it" business plan.

All the while they were helping the consumer, while during that time Toyota was burying their product's troubles in the name of PR and profits.

Which is better? Nit picky Toyota not honoring their problems or GM digging themselves a hole while showing concern ( at least a lot more than Toyota) for the consumer.

I know my personality sides with GM... I would bend of backwards for people even if it meant me having to juggle things around. I don't expect a hand out and either did GM.

Nice revision on your part Tom... It is like you think GM planned on getting bailed out all along. That is hardly the truth. The help came and it was appreciated.

Watch It's a Wonderful Life sometime. It is almost like you guys thrive in Pottersville with Toyota being !@#$ed up Potter.

All the while they were helping the consumer, while during that time Toyota was burying their product's troubles in the name of PR and profits.

Which is better? Nit picky Toyota not honoring their problems or GM digging themselves a hole while showing concern ( at least a lot more than Toyota) for the consumer.

I know my personality sides with GM... I would bend of backwards for people even if it meant me having to juggle things around. I don't expect a hand out and either did GM.

Nice revision on your part Tom... It is like you think GM planned on getting bailed out all along. That is hardly the truth. The help came and it was appreciated.

Watch It's a Wonderful Life sometime. It is almost like you guys thrive in Pottersville with Toyota being !@#$ed up Potter.

lol what a load of bull ****

<_< Yeah, GM went under because it was too busy addressing consumer safety to be worried about their business plan.