Toyota: Democrats 'not industry friendly'

Magox

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It became a witch hunt at the very moment they decided to have Congressional hearings about it.

Or it could be politicians trying to get more face time with the Public on a big issue within a big election year. These people love seeing themselves on TV and in the papers. One good quote could go a long way.

Or it could be politicians trying to get more face time with the Public on a big issue within a big election year. These people love seeing themselves on TV and in the papers. One good quote could go a long way.

To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to.

Seriously...from my perspective, that is a witch hunt. Demonizing Toyota is how they get the "I'm taking care of you, voters" face time they're looking for.

Of course you would see it that way, but the reality is that this sort of recall is not all that uncommon, however the amount of press and scrutinty that it is receiving from the Transportation department is uncommon.

Exactly...I get recalls on my F-250 monthly. Last one was because they had issues with trucks catching on fire....while not even running. :D

To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to.

Seriously...from my perspective, that is a witch hunt. Demonizing Toyota is how they get the "I'm taking care of you, voters" face time they're looking for.

I wouldn't even go as far as to say demonizing. Nothing more than a power trip and hey voter we are doing something session. A "we ordered you to speak before us, we want to ask a few hard questions..."

Like you said they get voter face time before the seriously games start. That is true prize here.

Exactly...I get recalls on my F-250 monthly. Last one was because they had issues with trucks catching on fire....while not even running. :D

It must've been evil Toyota technology and parts that made those trucks spontaneously combust.

So now Toyota is not only killing us in their own vehicles, but they're sabotaging our own American made products. Bastards

I wouldn't even go as far as to say demonizing. Nothing more than a power trip and hey voter we are doing something session. A "we ordered you to speak before us, we want to ask a few hard questions..."

Like you said they get voter face time before the seriously games start. That is true prize here.

I would call that demonizing, because part of the process is convincing the voting public that they're victims. To me, that's demonizing.

Not that I'm criticizing your interpretation, just disagreeing with it.

I am not going to say things are witch hunts and everything else negative until there are facts to prove so. Sorry that's just me.

I know that these recalls are not that uncommon as well. I do believe one of the reasons for the heavy Press is because of the squeaky clean image Toyota had. As far as the Transportation Department I am glad they are doing their job. They should be hard on them. Should have nothing to do with Unions or any sort of hidden agenda. Again, no proof of that.

How will you get proof of this?

So because a company has a strong image and produces quality cars, you need to bring them down when something goes wrong??? Seriously, do you listen to yourself sometimes?

All car companies have produced crap, whether it be Mercedes, Ferrari or any other car company. It's virtually impossible to produce a car and be able to 100% guarantee that there are no flaws or defects. There's only so much testing that can be done.

How will you get proof of this?

So because a company has a strong image and produces quality cars, you need to bring them down when something goes wrong??? Seriously, do you listen to yourself sometimes?

All car companies have produced crap, whether it be Mercedes, Ferrari or any other car company. It's virtually impossible to produce a car and be able to 100% guarantee that there are no flaws or defects. There's only so much testing that can be done.

Did I say anything about me or anyone else bringing them down. They did this to themselves. That is where the blame starts and ends.

Did I say anything about me or anyone else bringing them down. They did this to themselves. That is where the blame starts and ends.

Obviously they are at fault. I never said that they weren't. All I'm implying is that it is more than obvious that the US Gov't will use this to push their product, their product being the car companies they owned.

What annoys me is that it is a double standard. If GM would have produced car needed for recall, it would have been swept under the rug.

Obviously they are at fault. I never said that they weren't. All I'm implying is that it is more than obvious that the US Gov't will use this to push their product, their product being the car companies they owned.

What annoys me is that it is a double standard. If GM would have produced car needed for recall, it would have been swept under the rug.

Which reminds me; anyone know when the government is supposed to return GM to the private sector?

Anyone? Bueller?

I don't think that is the case at all. Everyone has some sort of the government is out to get .... theory these days. And really GM, Ford, etc do not need the government to help them out now with these Toyota recalls.

I don't think that is the case at all. Everyone has some sort of the government is out to get .... theory these days. And really GM, Ford, etc do not need the government to help them out now with these Toyota recalls.

It is a double standard, jeez!

It is a double standard, jeez!

How is it a double standard? What because the other companies weren't brought in front of the principal to answer for their wrong doings? It's a simple as Toyota always had a squeaky clean image, we now know that they are big time flawed. THAT and being an election year makes it big news.

I guess I should join the Toyota Pity Party around here.

No but they did before. They went bankrupt remember? That more than shows what a terrible product they were putting out there.

Clearly you don't see that the Detroit lobbyists are using this to get everyone to stop buying Toyota's. If all recalls were as publicized as this one, no one would ever drive a car.

That's what I'm trying to make you realize.

Would have produced a car that needed a recall?

2010 Recalls for GM:

Visibility

2009 Recalls for GM:

Transmission

Seat Belts

2008 Recalls for GM:

Electrical

Visibility

Equipment

Brake Lights

Wheels

Fuel System

Power Train: AT

Power Train: 4 Wheel Dr

Engine Cooling

Powertrain: Driveshaft

Air Conditioner

And for good measure:

Chrysler 2010

RWD

Service Brakes

Would have produced a car that needed a recall?

2010 Recalls for GM:

Visibility

2009 Recalls for GM:

Transmission

Seat Belts

2008 Recalls for GM:

Electrical

Visibility

Equipment

Brake Lights

Wheels

Fuel System

Power Train: AT

Power Train: 4 Wheel Dr

Engine Cooling

Powertrain: Driveshaft

Air Conditioner

And for good measure:

Chrysler 2010

RWD

Service Brakes

I used the incorrect wording. Obviously every car company has recalls. I must have missed it on the front page of ever major newspaper. :D

No but they did before. They went bankrupt remember? That more than shows what a terrible product they were putting out there.

Clearly you don't see that the Detroit lobbyists are using this to get everyone to stop buying Toyota's. If all recalls were as publicized as this one, no one would ever drive a car.

That's what I'm trying to make you realize.

Nobody is questioning the product that GM, Ford or anyone put out before. Not including the last few years.

Seriously, you believe there has to be a huge lobbyist/governmental push to keep people away from MULTIPLE FLAWED LINES? If anyone is on the fence all they have to do is look at the recalls and buy somewhere else. Simple as that.

Sorry if you are a owner of a quality* Toyota car right now and feel scorned.