Attn: All Fans of the Show "Lost"

ajzepp

Best and Worst Seasons of Lost  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Season of Lost do You Think was the Best?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • They were ALL amazing!!!!
  2. 2. Which Season do you think was the worst?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
  3. 3. If I thought season 1 was "good, but not great", what would you suggest I do?

• Contine watching the show since it gets better
    • Stop watching the show and find something else
    • For the love of GOD, go outside and do something!

Yep. So much happening in that ep.

And to get even more detailed... Frozen Donkey Wheel = BEST SCENE OF TV EVER.

The anticipation, the mis-en-scene / props, the musical score (which was just phenomenal throughout the series), Michael Emerson....

in case aj doesnt want to read this...

thats the season 4 finale. season 3 is Charlie in the Looking Glass. Hugo coming in with the van. etc

the entire show flips at the end of season 3. characters take on new roles and perspectives. take each others places. the Losties are now officially inhabitants or Others, and the freighter is invading. amazing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ and I must have started watching the streaming at about the same time. I have 2 episodes left in S2, and I am completely hooked. Unbelievable season thus far, and I am so excited to see the rest of the episodes.

Keep it up and you guys might be able to watch the finale in sequence.

My brother and s-i-l (now ex-s-i-l) watched the DVDs almost straight through over a couple of rainy weekends.

>"Think we should load the dishwasher?"

>>"Nah. Next disk."

I can dig this viewing style. A lot of people prefer it over waiting week by week by week. What stinks for the show is that the numbers of people viewing in different ways (DVR, streaming, ABC archives, DVDs/Netflix) isn't really reflected in the Nielsens.

Dank, "... Looking Glass" was the best ep (I have a heart of stone. I don't cry. And yet, I was tearing when that character died/sacrificed himself). Donkey Wheel was the best scene.

Dank, "... Looking Glass" was the best ep (I have a heart of stone. I don't cry. And yet, I was tearing when that character died/sacrificed himself). Donkey Wheel was the best scene.

yeah, out of all the people that have come and gone on the show, THAT one was a real kick in the balls. i still get sad thinking about it.

i do agree that the Donkey Wheel scene gave us the biggest "reveal" as to what this is all about. best climatic scene in the series.

AJ and I must have started watching the streaming at about the same time. I have 2 episodes left in S2, and I am completely hooked. Unbelievable season thus far, and I am so excited to see the rest of the episodes.

I watched a couple more last night, so I'm getting there! lol

I can dig this viewing style. A lot of people prefer it over waiting week by week by week.

Oh yeah, it's totally intense to do it that way. That's how I watched the first five seasons of 24. That show captivated me from the first episode and it was like an obsession to find out wtf was going to happen next. I even broke down and went to a Hollywood Video for the first time in like four years (at the time) because Netflix couldn't send em fast enough lol.

Thanks for putting the spoilers in yellow, guys....I usually forget what I read, but prefer to continue participating in this thread w/out stepping on a mine lol

Okay guys....Season 2 is in the books! I have to say, I'm more involved in the show now than I was after Season 1. Im now 100% sure I'm gonna follow through until the end.

The more I think about the casting and character development on this show, the more I like it. I have been paying more attention to the various dynamics among the castaways, and I particularly like how their strengths and weaknesses balance out. Even though Jack is regarded as the "leader", he's tactically ignorant and often hasty when it comes to strategizing. That's where someone like Sayid comes in and brings some intelligence to the game plan. Locke is sort of out there on his own for the most part, making temporary alliances here and there where it suits him. I enjoy his character a lot, but Season 2 really exposed some of his weaknesses, too....particularly when he abandoned the button after failing to weigh things out and come to a solid decision. His "my way or the highway" approach makes for an interesting story, too, even if it doesn't lend itself to harmony among the group.

The girls seem to have chilled out, so I'm happy about that. Of course, the only way to shut a few of them up was to....well, you know....but that's fine with me lol. I feel bad for Hurley, though...:beer:

So anyway, interested to see if Michael and little man find safety....and what happens to the main group of characters now that they've encountered the "others".

Season 3, baby!!!!

Okay guys....Season 2 is in the books! I have to say, I'm more involved in the show now than I was after Season 1. Im now 100% sure I'm gonna follow through until the end.

The more I think about the casting and character development on this show, the more I like it. I have been paying more attention to the various dynamics among the castaways, and I particularly like how their strengths and weaknesses balance out. Even though Jack is regarded as the "leader", he's tactically ignorant and often hasty when it comes to strategizing. That's where someone like Sayid comes in and brings some intelligence to the game plan. Locke is sort of out there on his own for the most part, making temporary alliances here and there where it suits him. I enjoy his character a lot, but Season 2 really exposed some of his weaknesses, too....particularly when he abandoned the button after failing to weigh things out and come to a solid decision. His "my way or the highway" approach makes for an interesting story, too, even if it doesn't lend itself to harmony among the group.

The girls seem to have chilled out, so I'm happy about that. Of course, the only way to shut a few of them up was to....well, you know....but that's fine with me lol. I feel bad for Hurley, though...:wallbash:

So anyway, interested to see if Michael and little man find safety....and what happens to the main group of characters now that they've encountered the "others".

Season 3, baby!!!!

I'm glad you didn't follow my advice and are now on board. A word of warning, though: you are about to embark on the worst stretch of episodes in the show's history. The first half of season 3 is terrible! However, don't let it get you down, because the second half of season 3 thru the end of season 4 is the best stretch in the show's history.

I'm glad you didn't follow my advice and are now on board. A word of warning, though: you are about to embark on the worst stretch of episodes in the show's history. The first half of season 3 is terrible! However, don't let it get you down, because the second half of season 3 thru the end of season 4 is the best stretch in the show's history.

Ugh....well, I'm glad you warned me, cause as long as the latter half of the season is good, I'll have something to look forward to :wallbash:

I'm still really appreciating the way they weave in all the flashbacks and such, so that you gain different perspective on each character at different times. Really interesting!

Are you on "The Man From Tallahassee"?

Not bad progress....

The Television Without Pity forums --- and that's a place for serious television discussion --- have "LOST" ranked as the #1 show of the decade. (That includes cable, etc.).

Yep, I just finished that episode. I've been holed up with a GI bug, so have been able to do some damage on Season 3. If I were Jack, I would have severely kicked Locke's arse after that most recent explosion (won't give it away in case others haven't seen it yet). That flashback scene with Sayeed (sp?) and the restaurant owner (and particularly his wife) was intense!

Not sure how I feel about this black smog stuff, but I'm remaining open minded :)

I am now done with season 4, great series so far.

I do have to say, although the episode really brought nothing new to the table "storyline" wise, "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" in Season 3 has been my favorite episode yet. I laughed so hard I cried in that episode.

"Dude, he has a name. It's Roger Workman."

"That's Roger Work MAN, you idiot! That's his job, not his name!"

LOL.

I am now done with season 4, great series so far.

I do have to say, although the episode really brought nothing new to the table "storyline" wise, "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" in Season 3 has been my favorite episode yet. I laughed so hard I cried in that episode.

"Dude, he has a name. It's Roger Workman."

"That's Roger Work MAN, you idiot! That's his job, not his name!"

LOL.

Season FOUR?? Dang,man....I thought I was keeping up but I guess not lol. I'm four episodes into S4.

Season FOUR?? Dang,man....I thought I was keeping up but I guess not lol. I'm four episodes into S4.

Holy crap. You'll probably be watching the finale real-time with all of us....

And, oh yes, the "black smoke" plays a very important part in the series, especially right now in S6.

Keep on keepin' on.

Holy crap. You'll probably be watching the finale real-time with all of us....

And, oh yes, the "black smoke" plays a very important part in the series, especially right now in S6.

Keep on keepin' on.

I thought the episode where....dang it, I always forget his name....Magnus or whatever....the pretty boy guy. Anyway, the one where he gets stuck between 1996 and 2004 where his girlfriend Penny has to serve as a "constant" for him. I usually like time travel stuff, and I thought this episode was pretty well done.

I'm glad the black smoke plays a big role at some point, cause that's the only part of the show I thought was really goofy thus far.

I just realized that S4 only has like 14 episodes, so this won't take me too long....then it's on to S5! :rolleyes:

I thought the episode where....dang it, I always forget his name....Magnus or whatever....the pretty boy guy. Anyway, the one where he gets stuck between 1996 and 2004 where his girlfriend Penny has to serve as a "constant" for him. I usually like time travel stuff, and I thought this episode was pretty well done.

I'm glad the black smoke plays a big role at some point, cause that's the only part of the show I thought was really goofy thus far.

I just realized that S4 only has like 14 episodes, so this won't take me too long....then it's on to S5! :rolleyes:

Desmond. Did you notice the mention of Kurt Vonnegut in Meet Kevin Johnson yet? I think that's the epi right after the Constant.

Desmond. Did you notice the mention of Kurt Vonnegut in Meet Kevin Johnson yet? I think that's the epi right after the Constant.

Looks like Constant was the last one I watched...will pick up where I left off in just a bit :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm on episode 9 of S4 and I'm getting a bit frustrated with the show. It feels like it's turned into a spin off or something...da hell is going on here?