Attn: All Fans of the Show "Lost"

ajzepp

Best and Worst Seasons of Lost  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Season of Lost do You Think was the Best?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • They were ALL amazing!!!!
  2. 2. Which Season do you think was the worst?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
  3. 3. If I thought season 1 was "good, but not great", what would you suggest I do?

• Contine watching the show since it gets better
    • Stop watching the show and find something else
    • For the love of GOD, go outside and do something!

So I just finished watching the first season of Lost on Netflix streaming. I know there are six seasons total, so I have to decide if I want to keep investing my time watching this show or move on to something else. So far I've found the show pretty interesting and it's certainly kept my attention, but I'm not nearly as addicted to it as I was '24' after season one. I very rarely watch scripted television to begin with, but when a show becomes as popular as this one has, I tend to at least want to give it a look.

It's pretty awesome that I have the first five seasons available via Netflix streaming, and every episode is in HD (and looks great!), but there is a LOT of stuff to watch out there so I need some help from you guys. My frame of reference is season 1, so if you guys think the show gets better from here, I'll probably stick around. If not, I may just watch the first couple episodes from the next season and then call it quits if it doesn't capture me.

Thanks!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo... Don't judge the show by the early-middle of S2. Post-hatch, it kind of dragged there dealing with another group of survivors, and it also dragged a bit at the start of S3. But then again, even those parts are becoming important right now in S6. There was a reason for all of it.

Really split on the first one. There's a certain nostalgia for S1. But this series has been more consistent in quality than any show I've ever seen before.

Stick with it. Even when the flashes and timelines get a mite confusing, it will pay off. So far, this final season is looking awesome. It's like a modern-day Dickens novel (how they were serialized in newspapers/mags a chapter at a time).

Cool, thx James...it's been fun having the episodes to look forward to when I get ready to hit the sack at the end of the day. I"m pretty sure I'll watch the first half of S2 for sure, and then make my decision. The only character I really don't like is that blonde sister/not-a-sister chick who can't seem to talk without being a drama queen. She annoys the hell outta me, and I wish it was her and not her "brother" who fell over the cliff in the plane lol. I really like most of the other characters, and the back stories on most of them are very interesting. JJ Abrams is really starting to become one of my favorite producers/writers/directors....most everything I've seen from him, I've liked.

Cool, thx James...it's been fun having the episodes to look forward to when I get ready to hit the sack at the end of the day. I"m pretty sure I'll watch the first half of S2 for sure, and then make my decision. The only character I really don't like is that blonde sister/not-a-sister chick who can't seem to talk without being a drama queen. She annoys the hell outta me, and I wish it was her and not her "brother" who fell over the cliff in the plane lol. I really like most of the other characters, and the back stories on most of them are very interesting. JJ Abrams is really starting to become one of my favorite producers/writers/directors....most everything I've seen from him, I've liked.

On second thought, w/o trying to be spoiler-y, you may really like mid-S2.

First of all..... DON'T YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE !@#$ IS IN THE HATCH?!!

My favorite was season 4, although from halfway thru season 3 to the end of season 4 is the best stretch overall. I voted season 3 as the worst, though, because the first half of that season was just incredibly boring. The writers have all but admitted they were stalling until they could set an end date for the show. They did that halfway thru season 3 and you can tell because that is when the series really takes off. I agree with UConn that season 1 is great for nostalgia, but it isn't the strongest overall.

However, I think you should quit now- it's just too much time and effort to watch a whole series. I joined in the summer b/w seasons 3 and 4, when they put the episodes on abc.com for free, and like you, I started from the pilot and marched right thru until I was caught up. I was hooked by season 1 episode 3, "Walkabout," when you found out about Locke's backstory, and I never looked back. So, if you aren't in love with the show by now, I just don't think it'll be worth your time. Find out what's in the hatch and leave it at that.

First of all..... DON'T YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE !@#$ IS IN THE HATCH?!!

My favorite was season 4, although from halfway thru season 3 to the end of season 4 is the best stretch overall. I voted season 3 as the worst, though, because the first half of that season was just incredibly boring. The writers have all but admitted they were stalling until they could set an end date for the show. They did that halfway thru season 3 and you can tell because that is when the series really takes off. I agree with UConn that season 1 is great for nostalgia, but it isn't the strongest overall.

However, I think you should quit now- it's just too much time and effort to watch a whole series. I joined in the summer b/w seasons 3 and 4, when they put the episodes on abc.com for free, and like you, I started from the pilot and marched right thru until I was caught up. I was hooked by season 1 episode 3, "Walkabout," when you found out about Locke's backstory, and I never looked back. So, if you aren't in love with the show by now, I just don't think it'll be worth your time. Find out what's in the hatch and leave it at that.

Having Michelle Rodriguez around definitely ups the ante...I've always liked her :P

I'm already a few episodes into season 2 now since I posted this, so I'll go a LITTLE further lol. I think I enjoy the back stories more than the real story lol

So I just finished watching the first season of Lost on Netflix streaming. I know there are six seasons total, so I have to decide if I want to keep investing my time watching this show or move on to something else. So far I've found the show pretty interesting and it's certainly kept my attention, but I'm not nearly as addicted to it as I was '24' after season one. I very rarely watch scripted television to begin with, but when a show becomes as popular as this one has, I tend to at least want to give it a look.

It's pretty awesome that I have the first five seasons available via Netflix streaming, and every episode is in HD (and looks great!), but there is a LOT of stuff to watch out there so I need some help from you guys. My frame of reference is season 1, so if you guys think the show gets better from here, I'll probably stick around. If not, I may just watch the first couple episodes from the next season and then call it quits if it doesn't capture me.

Thanks!

IMO the first 2 seasons are kinda slow compared to the next 3 and current... things really pick up when Ben enters the scene proper... and last season was by far the best yet. I would stick through it. I would add that I watched the DVD sets for the 1st 3 seasons when they were released, then starting with the 4th, I watched it every week broadcast, something I rarely do anymore.

Not to set the bar too high, but I consider Season 2 Episode 1 to be one of the best hours of scripted television that I've ever seen. On it's own it may not be anything special, but given the very small amount of information that you are left with after the first season I thought it was a stunning continuation.

Not to set the bar too high, but I consider Season 2 Episode 1 to be one of the best hours of scripted television that I've ever seen. On it's own it may not be anything special, but given the very small amount of information that you are left with after the first season I thought it was a stunning continuation.

Agreed on the S2 opener... even tho there wasn't nearly as much dialogue as usual. It was Locke and then Jack entering the hatch. Most of it was just quiet revelation that led to deeper questions.... some of which are being answered right now.

It was a little annoying that they essentially re-showed this episode over the next two weeks, from a slightly different perspective. And then they delved into the Tailie plot, which didn't do anything for me. Even while re-watching before the season premieres, I skip these.

I'm surprised that there's such a response for 'Worst season' for S3. Admittedly, it started off a little 'confined' shall we say? But it was the real introduction to the Others' world and all that rich Ben-ness. C'mon. The back half of S3 alone ("The Man Behind the Curtain," "Flashes Before the Eyes," "Greatest Hits," "Through the Looking Glass" (I rarely even get misty-eyed watching TV/movies. I was crying when Charlie died) is arguably the best stretch of LOST. Especially the Desmond eps which are key to understanding this series.

AJ, I hated M-Rod in this series. Her character, her acting, everything. Hated her. Sorry.

AJ, I hated M-Rod in this series. Her character, her acting, everything. Hated her. Sorry.

I loved her in the bar scene from the airport lounge, but so far her island personna is pretty annoying. Not nearly as annoying as Shannon, mind you....but the only thing more annoying than her would be a lawnmower in my living room while someone runs a set of forks down a chalkboard. :wallbash: Now that hot Aussie chick is starting to get the same way....if I hear either of them say, "I can take care of MYSELF!" one more time, I'm gonna flip!

The Korean guy is starting to become one of my favorites now....he's an interesting dude....crazy in la cabeza if he doesn't get back with Sun....she's a keeper!

I loved her in the bar scene from the airport lounge, but so far her island personna is pretty annoying. Not nearly as annoying as Shannon, mind you....but the only thing more annoying than her would be a lawnmower in my living room while someone runs a set of forks down a chalkboard. :wallbash: Now that hot Aussie chick is starting to get the same way....if I hear either of them say, "I can take care of MYSELF!" one more time, I'm gonna flip!

The Korean guy is starting to become one of my favorites now....he's an interesting dude....crazy in la cabeza if he doesn't get back with Sun....she's a keeper!

Jin is one of my favorite characters, especially considering his transformation from being such a dick and one of the most hated characters in season 1.

And I'll always love Claire, I don't care how annoying she gets, she's just too hot.

You can't really judge this show by season as every season builds on prior seasons. That said S2 might be my favorite because it introduces us to Henry Gale and also starts to give us many of the back stories of some of the characters we've come to love and hate. I have to say I agree with UConn James as I was never a big fan of Ana Lucia on the whole.

You can't really judge this show by season as every season builds on prior seasons. That said S2 might be my favorite because it introduces us to Henry Gale and also starts to give us many of the back stories of some of the characters we've come to love and hate. I have to say I agree with UConn James as I was never a big fan of Ana Lucia on the whole.

I like S2 so far....I'm 11 eps into it, so I guess it's a done deal that I'm gonna watch all the way through til the end. I'm diggin this hatch place....stick a nice home theater in there and I could be happy!

I like S2 so far....I'm 11 eps into it, so I guess it's a done deal that I'm gonna watch all the way through til the end. I'm diggin this hatch place....stick a nice home theater in there and I could be happy!

Hell yeah! What I wouldn't give for that life?

Food drops, 108 minutes of island time b/w 10 seconds of "work".... Get a ship-wrecked honey and that's the good life.

Just kind of puzzled me... Des and Sayid are pretty smart dudes. Why couldn't they have rigged up something that would have tapped out the numbers every 108 min.? ... Kind of like that Simpsons episode where Homer becomes morbidly obese so he could work from home? :wallbash:

AJ, I think you're missing one of the crucial parts of what made/makes the show even better --- the discussion. Just the "Did you see X in the background...?" bits that created all kinds of interconnections. This is probably the last TV show that I'm going to do this with.... The last that is a must-see, bake a from-scratch pizza every week, take the phone off the hook kind of show. Just the way TV is going. Sad to see that end.

I think after it's over, we're going to be instituting a Thursday or Friday movie-night.

keep going!

Season 3 is the best, IMO.

The season opener is mind blowing, and Ive gone on record multiple times stating "I firmly believe, the Season 3 Finale is the best television episode ever made".

IIRC, season 4 got weak because of the writer's strike in the middle. but then came back strong.

KEEP GOING!!

keep going!

Season 3 is the best, IMO.

The season opener is mind blowing, and Ive gone on record multiple times stating "I firmly believe, the Season 3 Finale is the best television episode ever made".

IIRC, season 4 got weak because of the writer's strike in the middle. but then came back strong.

KEEP GOING!!

Yep. So much happening in that ep.

And to get even more detailed... Frozen Donkey Wheel = BEST SCENE OF TV EVER.

The anticipation, the mis-en-scene / props, the musical score (which was just phenomenal throughout the series), Michael Emerson....