Interesting article on Grateful Dead and Management 'secrets'

The Poojer

thats pretty cool, and im not even a huge dead fan. but i think it would be really interesting to see all the different things theyve collected over the years, from fan mail to business records.

even funnier, i just referenced Santa Cruz in a conversation the other day and my friend who has never been, asked me what it was like. i can send her this article as a good example. :doh:

Nice to see all that material being collected especially since it will be on line and I do not remember the last time I actually went somewhere physically to view a collection. Canton for Jimbo's induction is most recent memory although I have visited a few small museums on travel.

I've recently become a great fan of the Dead. They were definitely revolutionaries and visionaries and not just with their music. I've been reading Bill Graham Presents and there are some great stories in there regarding the Dead and their relationship with Bill. Just the opposite was how Led Zeppelin and their entourage treated people. I just read the chapter on LZ's two day concert at the Oakland Coliseum in the 70's that Bill promoted. What a big group of !@#$s.

i find it funny how a bunch of 'counter culture', 'anti-establishment' hippies are being lauded as models of how corporate america should operate.....

i need to check out that 'Bill Graham Presents"

I've recently become a great fan of the Dead. They were definitely revolutionaries and visionaries and not just with their music. I've been reading Bill Graham Presents and there are some great stories in there regarding the Dead and their relationship with Bill. Just the opposite was how Led Zeppelin and their entourage treated people. I just read the chapter on LZ's two day concert at the Oakland Coliseum in the 70's that Bill promoted. What a big group of !@#$s.