Incompetence

RkFast

How come they didn't spend any stimulus money on garbage cans? Aren't there zoning laws in effect in DC?

Oh, it looks like the security cop in the booth is radioing to the inside, "Did anybody check the little guy in the purple robe to see if he's got any silverware hidden there?"

http://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/96834730/AFP

Incompetence.

I wonder if that razor sharp Chief of Staff called the idiots who send a man of this stature out the back door "!@#$ing retards."

Actually, that's not the back door. It's the exit to the Rose Garden, and commonly used by high-profile state visitors.

Would have been nice if they'd picked up the damn trash bags first, though. :thumbsup:

And of course it would NEVER see that way to you.

But of course, the Big Kitty only shows up to eat from the kitty litter pile. So it wouldn't seem that way to her.

Sorry big kitty. I jest. It must be cool, because it's all comedy. Even though I'm not a professional comedian, I've watched them on TV, and I know this is good stuff and just because you appear to hope to aspire to have an intellect as high as Conner but can't quite get there, the joke won't be lost on you.

Of course making VIPs walk through garbage piles and giving the Queen an iPod would make sense to you.

Yep, that's exactly what I said, nay, implied, nay, thought, nay, considered.

But of course, the Big Kitty only shows up to eat from the kitty litter pile. So it wouldn't seem that way to her.

Sorry big kitty. I jest. It must be cool, because it's all comedy. Even though I'm not a professional comedian, I've watched them on TV, and I know this is good stuff and just because you appear to hope to aspire to have an intellect as high as Conner but can't quite get there, the joke won't be lost on you.

I was about to Google your tour schedule until you revealed you aren't a professional comedian. You had me fooled, perhaps you should look for an open-mic in your area, start getting your reps in. Your material shouldn't be limited to this board. And believe me, before I found out you were just kidding, I was FUMING!

And of course it would NEVER see that way to you.

No, it's a !@#$ing travesty actually, and pretty god-damned embarrassing, almost as embarrassing as the meeting concessions made to appease the Chinese.

And the iPod gift was lame, no **** it was. Do two errs a gaffe-machine make? Or are we just in the habit of putting a negative spin on EVERYTHING because of political ideology? :doh:

speaking of the stimulus money..

Republicans Voting Against Stimulus Then Asked Obama for Money

Feb. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Alabama Republicans Jo Bonner and Robert Aderholt took to the U.S. House floor in July, denouncing the Obama administration's stimulus plan for failing to boost employment. "Where are the jobs?" each of them asked.

Over the next three months, Bonner and Aderholt tried at least five times to steer stimulus-funded transportation grants to Alabama on grounds that the projects would help create thousands of jobs.

They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate.

Bonner said opposing the stimulus doesn't mean he shouldn't help Alabama projects compete for grants. "It is my role to ensure that their request is considered by the federal agency," he said in an e-mail.

Alan Simpson, a former Republican senator from Wyoming named by President Barack Obama as co-chairman of a new deficit- reduction commission, said about-faces on government funding aren't surprising.

"It's the original sin of Washington -- it's hypocrisy," Simpson said. "You can't do that then say you go out and cut the other stuff."

Aderholt "believed that the Alabama taxpayers should be able to benefit from the programs that their tax dollars paid for," spokesman Darrell Jordan said.

Obama, during a Feb. 19 speech to the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, said congressional critics are calling the stimulus a “boondoggle” while “making appearances at ribbon-cuttings” for local projects financed by the bill. “They’re trying to vote against their cake and eat it, too,” he said.

I've recently seen this argument trying to take hold, but it doesn't have much merit to it. Considering that the bill passed, the funds are going to be appropriated anyhow. You can't deny your constituents these funds if they are available. What are they to do, just allow the Democrats to dole it out in their districts?

I would also like to see how many of the Democrats that opposed the Bush tax cuts, which is nearly all of them, have actually returned the funds that they benefited from as a result of the Bush tax cuts. Same thing, except in this case, they are the sole beneficiaries. :P

I've recently seen this argument trying to take hold, but it doesn't have much merit to it. Considering that the bill passed, the funds are going to be appropriated anyhow. You can't deny your constituents these funds if they are available. What are they to do, just allow the Democrats to dole it out in their districts?

I would also like to see how many of the Democrats that opposed the Bush tax cuts, which is nearly all of them, have actually returned the funds that they benefited from as a result of the Bush tax cuts. Same thing, except in this case, they are the sole beneficiaries. <_<

These elected idiots will redistrict their areas just to get elected, and or switch parties just to get elected. If you are dumb enough to buy their BS. You reap what you sow (voted for).

If the representative you voted for wins, and they are supposed to serve your best interests ---- Sure, why not. It's what you asked for is it not?

Feb. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Alabama Republicans Jo Bonner and Robert Aderholt took to the U.S. House floor in July, denouncing the Obama administration's stimulus plan for failing to boost employment. "Where are the jobs?" each of them asked.

Over the next three months, Bonner and Aderholt tried at least five times to steer stimulus-funded transportation grants to Alabama on grounds that the projects would help create thousands of jobs.

They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate.

Bonner said opposing the stimulus doesn't mean he shouldn't help Alabama projects compete for grants. "It is my role to ensure that their request is considered by the federal agency," he said in an e-mail.

Alan Simpson, a former Republican senator from Wyoming named by President Barack Obama as co-chairman of a new deficit- reduction commission, said about-faces on government funding aren't surprising.

"It's the original sin of Washington -- it's hypocrisy," Simpson said. "You can't do that then say you go out and cut the other stuff."

Aderholt "believed that the Alabama taxpayers should be able to benefit from the programs that their tax dollars paid for," spokesman Darrell Jordan said.

Obama, during a Feb. 19 speech to the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, said congressional critics are calling the stimulus a "boondoggle" while "making appearances at ribbon-cuttings" for local projects financed by the bill. "They're trying to vote against their cake and eat it, too," he said.

This article and the fact that someone posted it here shows conner-level stupidity.

So because they voted against the stimulus means that when it passes anyway they should not attempt to get a cut for thier states? <_<

This article and the fact that someone posted it here shows conner-level stupidity.

So because they voted against the stimulus means that when it passes anyway they should not attempt to get a cut for thier states? <_<

I guess it's a matter of principle.

If they're against it, one would ASSUME it's on behalf of their constituents. They are THERE to represent the will of the people that voted for them, right? Hence, their constituents would not WANT to take the money, right? So, the elected official should stand by the principle for which he stood (at his constituents' wishes) and not take it.

But if the constituents actually WANTED the money...then in voting no these folks are NOT representing their constituents but are guilty of partisan politics.

Which is it?

If they're against it, one would ASSUME it's on behalf of their constituents. They are THERE to represent the will of the people that voted for them, right? Hence, their constituents would not WANT to take the money, right? So, the elected official should stand by the principle for which he stood (at his constituents' wishes) and not take it.

But if the constituents actually WANTED the money...then in voting no these folks are NOT representing their constituents but are guilty of partisan politics.

probably to the same degree that the constituents of theose who voted FOR the stimulus were not representing the will of their districts. Oh, and let's get intellectually honest here for a second: since when do congresscritters REALLY represent anyone other than the special interests that fund their re-election campaigns?

I guess it's a matter of principle.

Which is it?

Good point blzrul. Fair enough. Now considering that most democrats voted against the bush tax cuts, they should return back to the government whatever benefits they received as a result of that piece of legislation. Right? I mean afterall, it is a matter of "principle".

Also, since we are talking about constituents and their wishes, why are the Democrats still pushing forward with their version of health care reform, when the vast majority of their electorate are against it? hmmmm <_<