Who was your hidden gem that you mentioned here...

1billsfan

Brees was the Chargers first pick in the second round (32nd overall) and Williams wanted him instead of Nate Clements at 21. The BILLS tried to trade up after they made the Clements pick and couldn't find anyone willing.

Don't let that get in the way of your superior story, though.

I'll go ahead and link the TBD thread for you -- if you REALLY want I can try and track down some of the articles quoting him.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=107849

I'm a season ticket holder for the saints, and a huge bills fan. I've heard Gregg talk about the buffalo experience all year, and I pay particularly close attention to him when he does. It has changed even this year but most consistent has been the trade up story. Gregg is a big talker. I would take the story with a grain of salt to begin with, but if you are going to listen to it, the trade up is the most common version.

I remember starting a thread before the 2006 draft that the Bills should draft Miles Austin in one of their mid to later round draft picks. I don't watch a lot of college football, but I live in NJ and I remember reading up on this guy from Monmouth and was blown away by the video I eventually saw on him. I felt compelled to put the word out. Austin went undrafted and eventually signed with Dallas... :w00t:

Before you say I probably made a hundred of those type of threads, sorry but that was the only one that I can ever remember making. Anyone here have a similar hidden gem story? 2010 hidden gems?

Honestly, I read about Miles Austin in a pre-draft magazine as well. They listed him as a "sleeper" pick.

MY hidden gem, was believe it or not, Jason Peters. I have told this story here before. I read about him, saw him play, watched highlight reels of him...on draft day, I told my buddy I was watching the draft with, "I want the Bills to get this 300lb TE from Arkansas. I think he could be a pretty good lineman someday."

I am a man of my word. I swear this on my father's grave to be true.

I was pretty proud of that...and I still am, as I think he is a damn fine lineman.

*And...we are STILL trying to replace him! :unsure: