More and more I am kind of hoping we trade down.

DarthICE

Some will say no one wants to trade up to #9 and that is BS. It all depends on what is offered which determines if it is worth the trade down.

Why trade down? Well Unless Bradford is there, No other QB is worth #9. There are no NT's worth taking till round 2 at best and as for as LT is concerned, there are none that are worth a top 10 pick.

'But we need a LT'. Ok I will agree with that, but we don't REACH for a guy at #9 out of need. That is how you screw up your draft. There are guys that can come in and do very well for us that can be had late first, into the 2nd and maybe even 3rd rounds.

I will ask again, look at the playoff teams and where their LT's were drafted. Only TWO of them were first round picks. Look at the LT that is damn good in Sandiego that Nix had a direct hand in drafting, he was a 2nd round pick. Unless there is a clear cut Ogden, Pace, Boscelli etc, no LT is worth a top 10 pick and there aren't ANY of those type guys in this draft. To me Okung should even go later than 10 but it won't happen.

So with Nix being as good as he is, I would hope we trade down and gain some picks. I don't care if its 3rd, or 4th rounders. To me I think Nix can find better players in the 3rd round than Donahoe, Levy and Brandon could find in the first!

We have several holes to fill, here is hoping we can get Nix more picks in which to fill them.

So with Nix being as good as he is, I would hope we trade down and gain some picks. I don't care if its 3rd, or 4th rounders. To me I think Nix can find better players in the 3rd round than Donahoe, Levy and Brandon could find in the first!

How good is Nix? Did he run a draft before? Isn't this his first draft as a GM?

Charlie Casserly rates this the strongest first round since 1983. You can get a quality player late in the round.

If there is a team targeting a player that has dropped a bit to #9 you just may see the bat phone light up.

Given our many needs, gathering some mid-round picks makes sense.

Charlie Casserly rates this the strongest first round since 1983. You can get a quality player late in the round.

If there is a team targeting a player that has dropped a bit to #9 you just may see the bat phone light up.

Given our many needs, gathering some mid-round picks makes sense.

Exactly. and I feel that Nix can find us good players that can be really good in rounds 2-7

Some will say no one wants to trade up to #9 and that is BS. It all depends on what is offered which determines if it is worth the trade down.

Why trade down? Well Unless Bradford is there, No other QB is worth #9. There are no NT's worth taking till round 2 at best and as for as LT is concerned, there are none that are worth a top 10 pick.

'But we need a LT'. Ok I will agree with that, but we don't REACH for a guy at #9 out of need. That is how you screw up your draft. There are guys that can come in and do very well for us that can be had late first, into the 2nd and maybe even 3rd rounds.

I will ask again, look at the playoff teams and where their LT's were drafted. Only TWO of them were first round picks. Look at the LT that is damn good in Sandiego that Nix had a direct hand in drafting, he was a 2nd round pick. Unless there is a clear cut Ogden, Pace, Boscelli etc, no LT is worth a top 10 pick and there aren't ANY of those type guys in this draft. To me Okung should even go later than 10 but it won't happen.

We have several holes to fill, here is hoping we can get Nix more picks in which to fill them.

How can you possibly say not one LT is worth a top 10 pick? Most knowledgeable people are predicting up to FOUR going in the top ten and a goodly number see Okung going as the second pick? Where do you come up with this crap?

How can you possibly say not one LT is worth a top 10 pick? Most knowledgeable people are predicting up to FOUR going in the top ten and a goodly number see Okung going as the second pick? Where do you come up with this crap?

Well they PREDICT that many will go. If you listen to Gil Brandt he doesn't feel anyone besides Okung is worth being picked that high and I agree.

IMHO Damn good tackle talent can be found later. Teams have been taking LT's in the higher parts of the round and they haven't been all pro calibre.

I don't like Baluga. Short arms, seems more of a run blocker than passblocker which signals RT to me. And I feel Iowa Linemen have reached thier potential and can't grow much more.

For example, Robert Gallery who was MUCH Better than Baluga and was touted as "the best lineman to come out of college in years" and was taken 2nd over all, lost his Tackle job and is now a decent guard. Not a probowl guard, not one of the best in the game guards, just a guard that got 2nd overall pick money.

Trade down, get a solid guy to play tackle for us further down in the draft.

Trade down, get a solid guy to play tackle for us further down in the draft.

Don't you think if it were that easy teams would do it every year? TEAMS DON'T WANT TOP TEN PICKS ANYMORE!!!! Unless a sure fire pick is available (which there isn't) nobody is going to be chompin' at the bit trying to get to the #9 pick.

To me, this all hinges on who's available at #9 that teams didn't think would slide. I am rooting for Eric Berry to tumble a little in the top ten, and IF, and that's a big IF, he drops to 9, then the phones WILL light up like a Christmas tree!! Dez Bryant might also end up as a viable pick at that spot too, so keep your fingers crossed, it could very well happen!!