OT-Turkey (and other meat) Roasting question

stuckincincy

I actually did Google it (I googled "turkey temperature bone", and the few sites i clicked said "When checking the temp, avoid the bone as this can give an inaccurate temp reading." None of the three I clicked said in which direction, but the link to the Hormel site (the 2nd result) wouldnt open for me.

Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the inside thigh muscle, making sure the bulb of the thermometer does not touch the bone. If the bulb touches the bone, the thermometer will give an inaccurate reading.

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jhtml?storyid...ata/sc_1592.xml

Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the inside thigh muscle, making sure the bulb of the thermometer does not touch the bone. If the bulb touches the bone, the thermometer will give an inaccurate reading.

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jhtml?storyid...ata/sc_1592.xml

132564[/snapback]

Yeah, that's all I got...

Now, Inaccuratley high or low?

hmmmm

How much snow you have right now? (Man, I'd kill for some snow)...

And I picture you to be a Harley Guy.... 1250cc or so.  . .

132563[/snapback]

Almost none, now. It snowed pretty good just before Halloween but the weather has reached the 50s a few times since. It's pretty ugly.

I have a Yamaha VStar 1100. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can pay $20K plus for a production motorcycle. I could have bought my bike twice and plenty of additional chrome for the price of a comparable HD. I'm thinking about building one, though. That'd be kinda cool.

Almost none, now.  It snowed pretty good just before Halloween but the weather has reached the 50s a few times since.  It's pretty ugly.

I have a Yamaha VStar 1100.  I don't know how anyone in their right mind can pay $20K plus for a production motorcycle.  I could have bought my bike twice and plenty of additional chrome for the price of a comparable HD.  I'm thinking about building one, though.  That'd be kinda cool.

132594[/snapback]

yeah, a fellow marketer here just bought a brand new harley... paid $19000 for it. I guess it makes a little more sence down here since he can ride it 12 months a year, but still...