Tax time again!

BB27

College in an of itself is overrated and nearly as big of ponzi scheme as the Social Security Act.

Wish I had back all the cash I spent on school to invest in my own business instead.

Especially given what was likely regurgitated at you versus what was actually of value.

A college degree is nothing more than a square filler. Virtually no school at any level teaches much of anything worthwhile.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

College in an of itself is overrated and nearly as big of ponzi scheme as the Social Security Act.

Wish I had back all the cash I spent on school to invest in my own business instead.

Well I wouldn't go that far but I have a very good position with a very good company and all I have is an AOS in Culinary Arts. :rolleyes: So I essentially did it all on a high school diploma.

As long as you don't have to spend the next 20 years paying for it. Think of the vacations you could take with that money. Damn.

When I went it wasn't the ungodly cost it is now. And I am putting my daughter through a very pricey college right now so I agree with what you are saying. She's extremely lucky she won't have those big loan payments. I am paying far more for her undergrad than my wife and I paid for our house, and it isn't close (I live in Cheektowaga so as not to offend PTR with my obscene wealth).

Back to me, I did take a loan out from my 401K, that is being paid back through paycheck deduction. Will I get anything for that, or no since it's not a withdrawl?

Jeez, you're needy. As long as you are current with the payments and the loan is not in default you are good and no paperwork will be forthcoming. Now can I get back to this tax return I am preparing? :rolleyes:

Back to me, I did take a loan out from my 401K, that is being paid back through paycheck deduction. Will I get anything for that, or no since it's not a withdrawl?

A loan from your current 401k is just that a loan, not distribution. Just realize that when you leave it becomes distribution...taxed and penalized.

:D:rolleyes::D:wallbash:

Oh and add the fact we have no children. :rolleyes:

Couple of DINKs I see

If I could go back and do things over, I would have gone military right out of HS and let the government pay for my piece of 45k paper. However, I had to chase my dream of playing baseball so I guess now I'm paying for it.

Couple of DINKs I see

If I could go back and do things over, I would have gone military right out of HS and let the government pay for my piece of 45k paper. However, I had to chase my dream of playing baseball so I guess now I'm paying for it.

Never ever regret what you've done or how you did it. At least try not to. The only thing I regret is I turned down an offer to be Wayne Gretske's personal Chef. :rolleyes::rolleyes::wallbash:

Never ever regret what you've done or how you did it. At least try not to. The only thing I regret is I turned down an offer to be Wayne Gretske's personal Chef. :rolleyes::rolleyes::wallbash:

Who? :D

No regrets here, I loved every minute of playing ball and being on the road and seeing the things I've seen. Like I said I'm just paying (monetarily) for them now.

A great parable...if it had anything to do with reality. I guess its like tea baggers protesting tax increases that never happened.

PTR

How does it not reflect reality? Please, enlighten me.

I posted a link showing that the top 5% of tax payers are paying over 50% of the tax burden of the country, and it's just like the restaurant scenario in the link.

How does it not reflect reality? Please, enlighten me.

I posted a link showing that the top 5% of tax payers are paying over 50% of the tax burden of the country, and it's just like the restaurant scenario in the link.

You have to realize that Promo believes only the Republicans lie - he can't face the fact that both sides lie and are screwing the average Joe over while they line their own pockets.

The last election cycle each Congressional seat cost over a million dollars in campaign cash to win. That's all about the middle class. :rolleyes:

You have to realize that Promo believes only the Republicans lie - he can't face the fact that both sides lie and are screwing the average Joe over while they line their own pockets.

The last election cycle each Congressional seat cost over a million dollars in campaign cash to win. That's all about the middle class. :rolleyes:

I guess I'd have to hang out in the PPP forum a bit more.... I try to stay out of there; like you said, they're all liars. :rolleyes:

As for college comments -- I think most "private" schools are a waste of money, but public school is pretty reasonable. I don't regret going at all, I learned a lot (especially how to continue learning on my own), and had some fun too.

But you have to remember that I have paid zero taxes on half my income for the whole year. I earn $10k my check is $10k. Add that $3600 to your taxes that have already been taken out of your check you probably will cease feeling better.

Doesn't matter, you got me out of the funk I was in, and knowing that someone else is writing a 10k check when I'm writing a $3600 check just seems better. Don't try to burst my happy bubble with all your math mumbo jumbo!

Plus, I'm headed to Florida with the wife and son tomorrow for a week in the warmth!

Doesn't matter, you got me out of the funk I was in, and knowing that someone else is writing a 10k check when I'm writing a $3600 check just seems better. Don't try to burst my happy bubble with all your math mumbo jumbo!

Plus, I'm headed to Florida with the wife and son tomorrow for a week in the warmth!

Glad I could be of assistance. If you want to go from happy to ecstatic I can let you know how big of a check I wrote last year. :doh: