NFL's Most Dysfunctional Team

billsfreak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody that has watched the Bills over the past decade can disagree with anything that this guy has to say. Sometimes the truth hurts-Ralphie!

http://www.thesunnews.net/editorial.php3?idkey=7146

Bull ****. The writer is a flat out idiot and anyone who buys his bull **** is an idiot as well. Nix is a damn good fit for this or any other team. I wish we had a time machine and could go back and insert him in as GM the minute Butler left and AJ Smith with him.

As for as Gailey is concerned, Jummuh Jones has said it was a MISTAKE to let him go. When have you EVER heard him admit he made a mistake? Both bring a very solid background, respect from their peers around the league, and fire and passion to make the BUFFALO BILLS a great team again. Both WANT TO BE HERE!!!!!!!

As for as the assistant coaches, I have heard nothing but positives from anyone that has ever been coached by them or been around them. As for as being cheap with these hires, Ralph offered up the bank to both Shanahan and Cowher and both said no. So what is Ralph to do, pay Gailey 10 mill per year to satisfy some pussys that are going to whine and B word at every move he makes?

Look I have been in Ralph's ass as much as anyone, but these are damn good hires. 'But but but he didn't interview outside the org for a GM'. WTF would he? The RIGHT GUY is sitting right there in the Building. This one time promoting from within was the RIGHT Move.

As for as ticket prices, folks get used to it. If you want the BUFFALO Bills to stay the BUFFALO Bills it is going to cost fans a lot more than it does now. Either deal with it or line up and waive good bye as the truck move away. It is what it is, that is business in the NFL these days.

Lastly, if you support the views of the writer of this piece of **** article, I suggest you go find a new team. Ralph is damned if it does, damed if he doesn't and apperantly nothing is going to satisfy some of you fans. Either get on board and give these guys a legitimate shot, or move on and save yourself a lot of stress.

Nobody that has watched the Bills over the past decade can disagree with anything that this guy has to say. Sometimes the truth hurts-Ralphie!

i can't agree with this. i mean who can argue that we have not done well in recent years? (trying to be polite) but we still have a team and i think that all involved would love to win everything all the time. and in the end i love the buffalo bills, they are my team, and i will support them.

Ask Raiders fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Bears fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Chiefs fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Rams fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Etc, etc, etc. Losing = dysfunctional. I love how the Bengals, in one year, went from completely dysfunctional to brilliant.

i can't agree with this. i mean who can argue that we have not done well in recent years? (trying to be polite) but we still have a team and i think that all involved would love to win everything all the time. and in the end i love the buffalo bills, they are my team, and i will support them.

I feel just like you do, but it doesn't change anything in the article, which is spot on. Yours are feelings of a fan, which alot of us have, his are cold hard facts that don't affect your feelings-apples and oranges.

I feel just like you do, but it doesn't change anything in the article, which is spot on. Yours are feelings of a fan, which alot of us have, his are cold hard facts that don't affect your feelings-apples and oranges.

1. Your link is broken.
  2. If the Bills are so bad, find a new team.
  3. I pity you.

We are still among the cheapest in the league. If you want a better product Ralph is going to need to afford it like any business he has the right to make money. Do you really expect a business to take a loss in order to improve a product.

I actually like the moves we have been making. We still are not the raiders.

THE DETROIT LIONS RECORD 2000-2010 = 42-128

STOP CRYING!

Check your math. 42+128= 170, this means they averaged 17 games a season.

They were 42-118. which is still an avg of 4-12 per season

Whereas the Bills were 66-104. an avg of 6-10 each season.

here is the article that was so poorly linked by the OP. I will say that the Lions and Browns are more pathetic imo

transparent.gif1-1266504654.jpgeditorial_main_r1.gif Stories This Weeks

SUN EDITORIAL: We could all use a lesson about the importance of character

MEYER'S MUSINGS: Buffalo Bills hit rock bottom as the NFL’s most dysfunctional franchise

LIFE HAPPENS: Fun places to go for ‘older’ folks like me

Letters to the Editor

transparent.gifMEYER'S MUSINGS: Buffalo Bills hit rock bottom as the NFL’s most dysfunctional franchise

By: DANIEL MEYER

MEYER'S MUSINGS

Some random thoughts on items of interest that may or may not be making headlines.

With Valentines Day festivities now behind us, ‘tis the season to be in love... and opinionated:

• I know this is normally a politically based column, but last week’s news of a price hike for season tickets for the Buffalo Bills caused the sports fan in me to nearly erupt.

Jacking up the cost to watch a team that has not qualified for the postseason in a decade doesn’t sound like a sound business decision but obviously Ralph C. Wilson Jr. and the rest of the organization’s brain trust are confident the blind allegiance many fans have to the team will not waver as the latest rebuilding process of a once-proud franchise gets underway.

Not only have the Bills not made the playoffs in the past 10 years, but they also have had only one winning season during that time. The team’s struggles are deeply rooted in inconsistent drafting of college players and extremely poor decisions made in signing free agents.

While new employees have been brought in to fill the positions of general manager, head coach and various assistant coaching jobs, I remain skeptical. I’m afraid it’s just going to be the same results with a team that on the field has serious personnel issues, particularly at quarterback and up front in the trenches.

I am normally an optimistic person but at this point in time this franchise is rudderless, particularly when it comes to evaluating college prospects. Its off-the-field follies have translated into on-the-field failure year after year. I don’t see things getting better anytime soon.

The Bills franchise is the most dysfunctional in the National Football League and may be vying for the most screwed up organization in all of pro sports if the new “football people” don’t straighten things out ASAP.

My message to fans? Stay home this season and don’t buy any tickets. The team has committed to spending less and took the cheap way out with their new hires, particularly General Manager Buddy Nix and Coach Chan Gailey. You can still be a fan of the team and root the Bills on by watching the games on television and listening to the action on the radio.

The time has come for fans to show Wilson what they think about a subpar product. The team is not entertaining — in fact, it’s boring, bland and downright bad.

If I’m going to pay more, then I want more for my money than what I know some season ticket holders have been paying for the last 10 years. Sure, the cost of business goes up, but the quality of the team doesn’t appear to have improved. The decision to raise ticket prices is disrespectful to the season ticket holders who have loyally supported a franchise that rewards its fans with higher prices for a low quality, under-performing product.

• Count me among those interested in attending a special “Irish Buffalo Tour” next month in the City of Buffalo’s historic First Ward, the “Valley” and South Buffalo as the Forgotten Buffalo organization helps remember Tim Russert and Jimmy Griffin, two of South Buffalo’s most famous native sons.

The March 5 guided tour will include bus transportation and a meal as both men will be fondly remembered for their love of the Queen City, their blue-collar work ethic and their colorful Irish-American personalities. More details are available online at www.forgottenbuffalo.com.

It’s just a hunch, but I have a strange feeling that a few pints of Genesee beer may be consumed during this tasteful tribute to “Tim and Jim.”

• Got the wintertime blues? If you haven’t tried it yet, a way to cure those February blahs may be an afternoon of snow tubing. While tobogganing is getting lots of love thanks to the recent re-opening of the chutes at Chestnut Ridge Park in Orchard Park, I recently flopped onto a snow tube for several rides down the snowy hills of Colden.

I can honestly say it was the most fun I’ve ever had while wearing five layers of clothing and I’m now looking forward to another spirited session of tubing.

(Daniel Meyer is a columnist for the Weekly Independent Newspapers of Western New York, a consortium of community-based weekly newspapers in Erie and Niagara counties with a combined circulation of over 75,000 homes. E-mail comments to: meyersmusings@gmail.com. Opinions expressed here are those of the author.)

first of all, how do you trust a major news source that can't even format a picture correctly? Journalism is attention to details...

My biggest problem is that the writer never explains *why* he thinks the new regime will fail.

"While new employees have been brought in to fill the positions of general manager, head coach and various assistant coaching jobs, I remain skeptical. I’m afraid it’s just going to be the same results with a team that on the field has serious personnel issues, particularly at quarterback and up front in the trenches."

OK, I complete disagree - who's right? The new staff is at least made up of guys that know football, many of whom have extensive coaching experience and they've even sprinkled in some young bucks too.

As for the whining about prices going up, a $59 average price is still super inexpensive for a days outing that is as fun as a Bills game. Lift tickets for one day at most Vermont ski resorts are upwards of $80. My bar tab on weekends is often WAY more than $59! If I ever moved back near Buffalo, season tickets would be the FIRST thing I buy!

There's all that, plus as was mentioned by many above, there are plenty of teams that are way more dysfunctional than the Bills!!

Have a little faith my Bills friends, the tides HAVE to turn some day. Until then, have a beer, sit back and relax - no amount of your tears (or whining) is going to make the Bills a better team...

here is the article that was so poorly linked by the OP. I will say that the Lions and Browns are more pathetic imo

Thanks for the correction.

As for the article, after giving it a cursory skim, I see no "cold hard facts" other than the mention of boosted ticket costs, which, for all of us keeping score at home, only narrow the margin between Bills tickets and the second cheapest tickets in the league. Yawn.

Poster, heal thy self. 66 + 104 = 170. Their record was 66-94.

As for as Gailey is concerned, Jummuh Jones has said it was a MISTAKE to let him go. When have you EVER heard him admit he made a mistake?

Gawd I am so sick and !@#$ing tired of reading this line all the time. Just think a little, if it was such a big MISTAKE, then why didn't Jummuh ever hire him back in ANY capacity? He certainly had his chances. As I have said in other threads, I am neither for or against the Gailey hire. But for the love of God, can we please stop the Cowboys "mistake" nonsense everyone?