This Front Office is looking smarter and Smarter

PNW_Bills_Fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but is hiring Chan !@#$ing Gailey as the coach when Marty Schotenheimer wanted the job is a incompetent move. I mean are we seriously giving kudos to a front office that hired a guy the Kansas City Chiefs fired. Oh but he the KC Chiefs offense fell 7 ranks when he left well you know who else also left KC the same year as Gailey Tony Gonzales who is likely the reason why KC's offense fell from bad to God awful.

Look at Gailey's track record and is there anything since a semi-successful run with Dallas that shows why Gailey will be a success? Miami actually got better right after he left. GA tech got better after he left. Then the one stop where the team was worse after he left it was more likely due to the HOF Tight End who also left with him.

I am sorry but Marty ball should be our HC. We need a guy who is a proven winner not a proven disappointment. While I do like the coordinators and assistants they have brought in the overall hire of Gailey is a bad one. I love for anyone to seriously defend this hire of Gailey as HC when Marty ball wanted the job.

I agree 1000 %

What really gets me is Chan Gailey probably would have jumped at the chance just to be the OC if Marty had been hired, too bad RW didn't feel "comfortable" with hiring Marty.

I'll go back to my own thoughts and say this was a good ole boy hiring another good ole boy simply because Nix feels he can trust Gailey.

I can understand the logic of wanting an offensive mind in charge because the last head coach was a complete idiot concerning the offense, and he was to afraid to hire someone competent to run the offense.

Some how I feel like all the Bills did was hire the offensive version of Dick Jauron. Meaning the offense will get better and get to the top 15 after two years, but the defense will suffer greatly in this move to a 3-4. The Bills will struggle to get to 7-9 again this year. :rolleyes:

Coulda had Marty, and Marty would have hired his son Brian away from the Jets to run the offense. :thumbsup:

I agree 1000 %

What really gets me is Chan Gailey probably would have jumped at the chance just to be the OC if Marty had been hired, too bad RW didn't feel "comfortable" with hiring Marty.

I'll go back to my own thoughts and say this was a good ole boy hiring another good ole boy simply because Nix feels he can trust Gailey.

I can understand the logic of wanting an offensive mind in charge because the last head coach was a complete idiot concerning the offense, and he was to afraid to hire someone competent to run the offense.

Some how I feel like all the Bills did was hire the offensive version of Dick Jauron. Meaning the offense will get better and get to the top 15 after two years, but the defense will suffer greatly in this move to a 3-4. The Bills will struggle to get to 7-9 again this year. :rolleyes:

Coulda had Marty, and Marty would have hired his son Brian away from the Jets to run the offense. :thumbsup:

Coulda had Marty, and Marty would have hired his son Brian away from the Jets to run the offense.

This is true only if the on-field product is the top priority.

Gailey and his staff of teachers is much more capable of coaching the junior high talent soon to be populating OBD as Ralph guts the team of its high priced contracts. The process started last year with the gutting of the OL. This year it's the defense's turn. The move to the 3-4 will be the cover story as to why Schobel, Denney, Kelsay, Stroud and Whitner will be on the chopping block. With no salary cap minimum ins 2010, look for the player budget to be under $75 mil.

which means Gailey will earn his keep "teaching" a boatload of young, cheap replacements - as a lockout in 2011 will preclude any significant long term free agent signings

not likely Marty would have fit in that environment.

Marty was NOT AN OPTION. For the Bills or ANY team. Move on, people.

This is not true.

Nix planned on bringing in Marty.

they got clearance from Ryan to let Brain go to be the OC

Marty even got the gig coaching at the Shrine game to scout players

not something a guy permanently retired does in his spare time

the only problem was Ralph did not want a guy trying to build a winner screwing up his money grab during an uncapped year

This is not true.

Nix planned on bringing in Marty.

they got clearance from Ryan to let Brain go to be the OC

Marty even got the gig coaching at the Shrine game to scout players

not something a guy permanently retired does in his spare time

the only problem was Ralph did not want a guy trying to build a winner screwing up his money grab during an uncapped year

I'll need to see links from reputable sources about a) Nix targeting Marty, b) Ryan giving clearance to let his OC take the same position with a division rival, and c) that coaching college players for a week means a guy is definitely interested in returning to coaching in the NFL. What I do know is that he hasn't been hired by anyone, even as a positional coach, in 3 years. I also heard him say he wasn't interested in coaching in the NFL anymore.

I know this is going to be a shock to people here, but not everything you hear on the internet is true. Like this thread it is opinion. All we can do is watch for people with good reputations for presenting facts and believe some of what we read. I was told once. Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.