(OT) Quick ?. Bidding on a DVD on ebay.

PIZ

I'm trying to get some DVD's for X-MAS and I looked at this guy's feedback. Someone bought a DVD from him and put "Wasn't expecting a DVD-9 as a negative feedback." What is that? Where is the best place to buy DVD's on the web? Best place for OOP DVD's? Thanks.

i think it desegnates what region the dvd is for. Different regions of the world have their DVDs formatted differently. I am not sure if all DVDs play on all DVD players, I think it depends on what region is was made for. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think it has something to do with it. maybe not, hopefully someone who knows for sure will post.

I'm trying to get some DVD's for X-MAS and I looked at this guy's feedback.  Someone bought a DVD from him and put "Wasn't expecting a DVD-9 as a negative feedback."  What is that?  Where is the best place to buy DVD's on the web?  Best place for OOP DVD's?  Thanks.

132427[/snapback]

He probably got a burnt copy instead of the real deal.

Maybe what he ordered was a real DVD-18 (dual layer, dual sided, up to 18 Gig stored) & what he received was a burned DVD-9 (single layer, dual sided ... up to 9 Gig of info stored)

Boy, just did some more checking on some of these sellers and it seems some are selling "New, Sealed, Mint Condition DVD", when in reality they are "New, Sealed Mint Condition COPIED DVD". I think I'm going to hold off after I research a little more. Here's what I'm looking for:

New or at least a real (not copied) DVD of:

Disney's The Jungle Book.

Disney's Tarzan.

Both are OOP (Out of Print).

Boy, just did some more checking on some of these sellers and it seems some are selling "New, Sealed, Mint Condition DVD", when in reality they are "New, Sealed Mint Condition COPIED DVD".  I think I'm going to hold off after I research a little more.  Here's what I'm looking for:

Disney's Tarzan.

132465[/snapback]

both are available at half.com

Boy, just did some more checking on some of these sellers and it seems some are selling "New, Sealed, Mint Condition DVD", when in reality they are "New, Sealed Mint Condition COPIED DVD".  I think I'm going to hold off after I research a little more.  Here's what I'm looking for:

Disney's Tarzan.

132465[/snapback]

FWIW,

The Jungle Book (1967) - Limited Issue (discontinued January 2000, Platinum Edition coming probably in March 2007)

Tarzan (1999) - Standard Release (discontinued January 2002)

Tarzan (1999) - Collector's Edition (discontinued January 2002)

I'll give you a good deal on my copy of Jungle Book in December 2006. :lol::lol:

Happy hunting, good luck!

He probably got a burnt copy instead of the real deal.

Maybe what he ordered was a real DVD-18 (dual layer, dual sided, up to 18 Gig stored) & what he received was a burned DVD-9 (single layer, dual sided ... up to 9 Gig of info stored)

132440[/snapback]

That's exactly correct.

CW