Dr. Z is joygasmic over the Bills

it's nice, but i think it's too much too soon. to say 'the bills are finding ways to win' sounds like a guy that hasn't followed the team closely enough. I'd be picking the Bills to the playoffs deep...if they hadn't lost those first two winnable games. Those two games are going to haunt us for a long time. Ghosts rattling chains.

at 4-6, the only reason we have a slight chance is our remaining schedule, where only seattle and pittsburgh threaten. the ohio teams are beatable, and the 9ers and fins are practically locks. Those two get us to 6-6. If we beat ohio, that's 8-6, and the .500 season is locked ( I think it's guaranteed ). The only real questions remain seattle and pitt. If we beat seattle, there will be cause for talk.

But...I stilll believe that the AFC is going to have one 10-6 team that misses the playoffs. With our conference record, it would be us.

Wouldn't that just be the worst possible scenario...where Nate's failure to knock that ball down is the reason we're out of it?

GOod lord...

it's nice, but i think it's too much too soon. to say 'the bills are finding ways to win' sounds like a guy that hasn't followed the team closely enough. I'd be picking the Bills to the playoffs deep...if they hadn't lost those first two winnable games. Those two games are going to haunt us for a long time. Ghosts rattling chains.

132441[/snapback]

I'd agree with this. Now, if they had actually played anything close to the Rams game against NE and stole one from them, then I can see him saying 'the bills are finding ways to win'. But not right now - especially considering the two killers in weeks 1 & 2.

at 4-6, the only reason we have a slight chance is our remaining schedule, where only seattle and pittsburgh threaten. the ohio teams are beatable, and the 9ers and fins are practically locks. Those two get us to 6-6. If we beat ohio, that's 8-6, and the .500 season is locked ( I think it's guaranteed ). The only real questions remain seattle and pitt. If we beat seattle, there will be cause for talk.

But...I stilll believe that the AFC is going to have one 10-6 team that misses the playoffs. With our conference record, it would be us.

Wouldn't that just be the worst possible scenario...where Nate's failure to knock that ball down is the reason we're out of it?

GOod lord...

132441[/snapback]

The losses to Jacksonville and Baltimore WILL haunt the Bills - no question. The only teams with better records than Buffalo right now of the non-division leaders (forgetting tiebreakers) are the Jets, San Diego, Baltimore, and Jacksonville. Obviously, we want all of them to keep losing, but with losses to Jacksonville and Baltimore already, the Bills are in deep doo-doo.

One knocked-down pass and one challenged play at the goal line and the Bills are probably 6-4 right now.

I don't get why everyone is saying that the Special Teams won the game for them. It seems to me it was a team effort.

The defense couldn't hold St. Louis before the half. The offense put up 17 points to match St. Louis.

In the second half the defense shut out Bulgar and the Rams.

We did get 3 FG's out of our ST but nobody mentions it at all. Everyone is focusing on the 2 big punt returns as if that was the key to victory. Even if those 2 returns didn't happen it is likely we would have won by 9 points.

The point of this post is to not take away credit where it is deserving. The ST was huge last Sunday but so was the other 2 phases of the game.

I don't get why everyone is saying that the Special Teams won the game for them.  It seems to me it was a team effort. 

The defense couldn't hold St. Louis before the half.  The offense put up 17 points to match St. Louis. 

In the second half the defense shut out Bulgar and the Rams.

We did get 3 FG's out of our ST but nobody mentions it at all.  Everyone is focusing on the 2 big punt returns as if that was the key to victory.  Even if those 2 returns didn't happen it is likely we would have won by 9 points.

The point of this post is to not take away credit where it is deserving.  The ST was huge last Sunday but so was the other 2 phases of the game.

132546[/snapback]

Mostly because it fits whatever pathetic point people are trying to make. Covers their lack of football knowledge.

One knocked-down pass and one challenged play at the goal line and the Bills are probably 6-4 right now.

132479[/snapback]

No. More like 5-5. If we challenged that Henry TD in the Oakland game, the only thing we would have got is a lost timeout. Remember, how many mistakes the refs made that game? No way, they reverse that play.

No. More like 5-5. If we challenged that Henry TD in the Oakland game, the only thing we would have got is a lost timeout. Remember, how many mistakes the refs made that game? No way, they reverse that play.

132758[/snapback]

I was screaming when it happened to challenge the play. That said I was still convinced the refs would say the whistle was blown before he crossed the goaline. Considering It was obvious from watching it live that Henry crossed at the end of the play you would expect a replay from CBS. That replay never came which I thought was pretty weird at the time.

Oh well, whats done is done.