The death of a once proud franchise:

You've got some moxie there Buftex, I like the cut of your jib! B-)

My wife and I are going to renew our wedding vows (there we go again living in the past), would you be interested in attending? We're registered at NFLShop.com! :nana:

There you go, renewing your vows, dwelling on the past...I won't attend any sort of ceremony....but I will send you a gift certificate, for NFLShop.com, provided it is only spent on current Bills merchandise. No throwback jerseys, or 50th anniversary garb is allowed....

(not really!) :devil:

Any free agent we sign, should be considered a presidential candidate

We wuz close with Jack Kemp...

B-) Dammit rehashing the past again! :nana:

As for the gift certificate, I'll only spend it on a FUTURE Bills draft pick jersey! :devil:

Speaking of, who does everyone think we'll draft anyway? I haven't seen this discussed around here yet.

I have been through a lot as many of you have with the Buffalo Bills. I am 30 years old and have been a Bills fan for 22 of them. Never switched teams, always stuck with the Bills through the good and the bad. I don't know about you, but I love this team. As horrible as they are, as much of an embarrassment as they've become, I still love them.

But maybe we all should face the inevitable: The Buffalo Bills will not be here once Mr. Wilson does pass on. Look at the reality of this situation. The city of Buffalo has an NFL franchise, Los Angeles does not. The NFL is #1 in the US when it comes to popularity. So, the number one sport in the country has a franchise in a "hole-in-the-wall" that is Buffalo-(actually Orchard Park) and has none in cities like L.A., Las Vegas, Toronto, etc. The Buffalo Bills offer nothing to the NFL. They're not entertaining, they're not a winning franchise, they have the cheapest stadium tickets, and cannot build a new, modern-day stadium. And before you hit me with: "You're such a pessimist" or "Hey Sully, is that you? hehehe". I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I don't want the Bills to leave. That's the last thing I want. In fact, I don't watch the Sabres, or the NHL. I have no MLB team, hate the NBA, and soccer...dont even get me started on soccer.

The Bills are all I have. However, they are a joke. I'm not going to waste any time writing why they're a joke, we all know why! The biggest joke of all though, is that all of you talk about the 90's. The good old days, right? "Bring Back the 90's jerseys!". "Jim Kelly needs to buy the team!" "Hire Bruce Smith as Defensive coordinator!"

Here's the facts:

Putting 1990 jerseys on guys such as Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jonathan Scott will not turn them into Jim Kelly and Howard Ballard. You can take the stripes off of a zebra, but its still a zebra. And the two above players will STILL suck.

Jim Kelly may have been successful as the QB of this team. An NFL hall of famer-yes. An NFL team owner-not so much.

Kelly would have a lesser chance of buying the Bills as Tiger Woods has of being a faithful husband.-ZZZZING!

Oh, and Bruce Smith being a DC. Sure, if he could make it to practice or to a game without having to take a breath-a-lizer test resulting in him being late. And, our run defense is bad enough, without having a tequila-d up has been trying to transform Chris Kelsay into a somewhat respectable player.

My solution. Call NFL Network, tell them to never show any more film on the four Superbowls, the Comeback game, Music City miracle, or anything to do with that era. Ban them from the stadium and erase anything that has to do with that era.

I'd rather have the terrible Bills of these days than to have to listen to one more second of "The Glory Days". Its embarrassing, and if you bring any of the above up when you "admit" to being a Bills fan, you're an even bigger embarrassment. I'm as big of a diehard fan as anyone, but if the team doesn't give you something to talk about soon, they are better off being taken behind the shed like old-yeller was.....................................bang!

Nicely written, but please , SHUT THE F**K UP !

I'm amused by the melodramatic fools who do nothing but whine and moan and B word about how bad the Bills are, and how that makes them depressed, and how anybody who still roots for the Bills to win is an idiot because it's pointless.

Get another hobby, folks. And try one that's not going to put you on anti-depressants.

Really, I understand the frustrated complaints after a big loss. But during the off season? Don't you have something better to do than cry like babies about the "death of the franchise". Fer cripes' sake, man up.

Death of a Franchise? Seriously? Son, go look, we had losing DECADES in the 60's, 70's, 80's and now 00's. You gotta be alive before you die.

You forgot to tell this young man that the decade in which the Bills were successful (90s) the owner essentially fired the architect (Bill Polian) of that success. I guess with this goofy owner success will not be tolerated. :devil: