1 2 Detroit Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma

1 3 T Bay Eric Berry FS Tennessee

1 4 Wash Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

1 5 KCity Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

1 6 Seattle Joe Haden CB Florida

1 7 Cleveland Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

1 8 Oakland Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

What do the Bills do at 9 here?

The rationale for Houston wanting to move up is that they have set their sights on running back CJ Spiller. Moving up lets them get him instead of Jonathan Dwyer from Georgia Tech.

The rationale for Jacksonville moving up is that they want Sam Bradford.

You're On the Clock.

It is close, but I'd opt for the Jax trade, as it stands. The temptation for me is Dan Williams, but NT can and will be acquired later. I think Denver will be hot for him, so he likely won't be available @11. If they are coming up for Bradford (Jax), then Anthony Davis will slip back to 11, and hense the pick, IMO!! I like giving Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey the tools to select at 41 and 75, as this scenario calls for, so here are my picks through 72....

11.) Anthony Davis, OLT, Rutgers

41.) Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

72.) Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State

75.) Dan Lefevour, QB, Central Michigan

Davis' pick is a strict need, Cody is the hub of the new defense, and Carrington is the stout 5-technique at LDE to play in rotation with Spencer Johnson, opposite of Marcus Stroud. Finally, we add the young gunslinger to develop in Dan Lefevour.

Great thinking ahead. Let's hope that Buddy and Gailey, Modey and company are doing the same! :devil:

As soon as I have about 30 votes, I'll plug our choice into the DraftTek Simulator and we'll see the resulting choices up to Round 2, and whether Cody is there.

It is close, but I'd opt for the Jax trade, as it stands. The temptation for me is Dan Williams, but NT can and will be acquired later. I think Denver will be hot for him, so he likely won't be available @11. If they are coming up for Bradford (Jax), then Anthony Davis will slip back to 11, and hense the pick, IMO!! I like giving Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey the tools to select at 41 and 75, as this scenario calls for, so here are my picks through 72....

11.) Anthony Davis, OLT, Rutgers

41.) Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

72.) Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State

75.) Dan Lefevour, QB, Central Michigan

Davis' pick is a strict need, Cody is the hub of the new defense, and Carrington is the stout 5-technique at LDE to play in rotation with Spencer Johnson, opposite of Marcus Stroud. Finally, we add the young gunslinger to develop in Dan Lefevour.

Voted for Jax trade. Instead of posting a whole shpeel ill just do this... What He said...^^^

If we can trade down and still get a solid OT than we should do so. If we can get Cody in round 2 we should grab him and then if we didn't aquire a 2 in our trade down in the first we take a 3rd this year and what ever else is necessary preferably a pick next year and trade back into rnd 2 and grab the best reciever available. If we've made the right moves in FA we take the best available players with the rest fo our picks.

If we can trade down and still get a solid OT than we should do so. If we can get Cody in round 2 we should grab him and then if we didn't aquire a 2 in our trade down in the first we take a 3rd this year and what ever else is necessary preferably a pick next year and trade back into rnd 2 and grab the best reciever available. If we've made the right moves in FA we take the best available players with the rest fo our picks.

Don't worry about receiver yet. This is a deep receiver class like the last 2 years. (Austin Collie RD4#127 last year, Garcon RD6#205 the year before)

I chose the trade w/ Houston, but after thinking it over i think I'd rather trade with Jax...I wanted the extra 2nd round pick, but I don't think any viable LT will be there at 20...I do think the Bills need to start working the draft like the Pats* do..I wouldn't be upset if the Bills traded away the #9 for extra picks in rounds 2 and 3...of course this would make getting a LT harder, but I think with the new 34 defense they could use as many picks as they can get..draft could look like this with a trade away of the #9 and trade Lynch for a #3:

2 - Cam Thomas NT

2 - Corey Wootton DE

3 - Eric Norwood OLB

3 - Toby Gerhart RB

3 - Jason Fox OT

4 - Linval Joseph NT

5 - Cameron Sheffield OLB

6 - Micah Johnson ILB

you guys can fill in the rest..lol

6 -

6 -

7 -

7 -

When you look at your draft, one wonders if this isn't the best way to build a "new" team, especially a new defense. How awesome would it be to have Cam Thomas AND Linval Joseph AND Corey Wootton AND Eric Norwood?!?! Thanks for illustrating!

I chose the trade w/ Houston, but after thinking it over i think I'd rather trade with Jax...I wanted the extra 2nd round pick, but I don't think any viable LT will be there at 20...I do think the Bills need to start working the draft like the Pats* do..I wouldn't be upset if the Bills traded away the #9 for extra picks in rounds 2 and 3...of course this would make getting a LT harder, but I think with the new 34 defense they could use as many picks as they can get..draft could look like this with a trade away of the #9 and trade Lynch for a #3:

2 - Cam Thomas NT

2 - Corey Wootton DE

3 - Eric Norwood OLB

3 - Toby Gerhart RB

3 - Jason Fox OT

4 - Linval Joseph NT

5 - Cameron Sheffield OLB

6 - Micah Johnson ILB

you guys can fill in the rest..lol

6 -

6 -

7 -

7 -

When you look at your draft, one wonders if this isn't the best way to build a "new" team, especially a new defense. How awesome would it be to have Cam Thomas AND Linval Joseph AND Corey Wootton AND Eric Norwood?!?! Thanks for illustrating!

The problem there is that with so many new guys yu're going to have to cut quite a few veterans, to make room. Not that *I* have a problem with that, I just don't know how hip to the idea Chan & Buddy would be. :devil:

The problem there is that with so many new guys yu're going to have to cut quite a few veterans, to make room. Not that *I* have a problem with that, I just don't know how hip to the idea Chan & Buddy would be. :devil:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

Click on the Age column and you have 15 guys on the wrong side of 30. We can start with them.

If that's who is available, I'd have to take Bradford. I really want an OT there, but they all would be a reach. This way, the QB question is answered and we got him at a steal pick.

Trading down, I just don't see that as realistic if Bradford is still there.

I would love to trade out of the nine and receive a lower 1st round draft pick and another later on...I think a lot of the talk on this forum about who we should take at #9 involves guys who can be argued to be "reaches"...

Question is would Houston/Jaks or anyone else for that matter want to? Beats me...here's hoping

I ran the Sim, we trade down with houston,which got us

rd 1: bruce campbell OT maryland

rd 2:brondon spikes olb Florida

rd 2: terrance cody NT bama

rd 3: Dan Lefevour QB CMU

rd 4: George Selvie OLB USF

rd 5: Mike Neal DE purdue

rd 6: Blair white WR MSU

rd7: Derek Hardman OT E.KENT

rd 7: John Estes OG Hawaii

rd 7: Rahim Allem DE LSU

Not too bad if I do say so myself, esp the first 5 picks

Isn't this like writing the answers to the quiz on your palm?

:rolleyes: