Sarah Palin = Kanye West

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well given that the show is crap what does she care?

That's not the point. Let me translate what Big Cat was really trying to say.

"Palin, Palin, Palin, Retard, Trig, Palin, Retard, Palin, Palin, Gee She's Stoopid. Levi. Playgirl. Anyone see Bishop lately. Palin. Palin."

That's not the point. Let me translate what Big Cat was really trying to say.

"Palin, Palin, Palin, Retard, Trig, Palin, Retard, Palin, Palin, Gee She's Stoopid. Levi. Playgirl. Anyone see Bishop lately. Palin. Palin."

Say what you will, but her need to address a cartoon is just as ridiculous as Obama's team declaring Fox News a political opponent. You know this to be true.

Say what you will, but her need to address a cartoon is just as ridiculous as Obama's team declaring Fox News a political opponent. You know this to be true.

Ya except one is the president of the most powerful country in the world and the other likes to Facebook alot.

I'm generally not a big fan of "You don't have kids, so you wouldn't understand" argument, but if you think you WOULDN"T speak out if a TV show made fun of your mentally challenged child, it says more about you than it does about Sarah Palin. Not to sound like a cowboy, but if you, as an adult, make fun of my mentally challenged child on TV, I'd rip your throat out. And to be clear, I saw a scene in "Rambo" the other night where I watched a very graphic depiction of him ripping a guy's throat out with his bare had. And yet, I have no problem repeating, I'd rip your freaking throat out.

Seriously, Big Cat. You don't know what you're talking about. Quit while you're ahead.

Ms. Palin wasn't amused by a crack in last week's Family Guy.

LINK

I don't blame her. I don't necessarily agree with her...but when you've got a kid with Down's, a bit of sensitivity to the issue isn't exactly out of line. It's not like Dan Quayle going toe-to-toe with Murphy Brown; Palin in this case at least has a vested, personal interest in the subject, and an understandable reason to take offense (even if you don't agree with it).

I don't blame her. I don't necessarily agree with her...but when you've got a kid with Down's, a bit of sensitivity to the issue isn't exactly out of line. It's not like Dan Quayle going toe-to-toe with Murphy Brown; Palin in this case at least has a vested, personal interest in the subject, and an understandable reason to take offense (even if you don't agree with it).

Like she's the only parent with a child with Down's!!!

When will she start criticizing Howard Stern for his continual attacks against retards?

When will she start criticizing Howard Stern for his continual attacks against retards?

She's the only parent of a Down's child who was parodied on that particular episode of Family Guy ("My mom is the former governor of Alaska").

I'm not sure when it became OK to make fun of the children of politicians but I'm not a fan of it.

Are you arguing that she shouldn't be upset because other people have Down's children too? :ph34r:

So when you have a choice to fall down on the side of a cartoon or the Downs child of politician that is publically mocked by the cartoon, you're choice is to defend the cartoon.

Gee. Big surprise there.

Well, if you want the truth, I don't think anyone is so virtuous that they're somehow above comedy. And if they are so virtuous, they're probably obnoxious or else boring as Hell.

From Eric Idle:

Personally, I think comedy is a survival tool. Comedians tell the truth through a sense of moral outrage. They're the first to point out that the elephant is in the room, that the emperor has no clothes. They say the right things at the wrong times. Laughter is recognition of the accuracy of their observations This bottom-lining is invaluable for ou survival, for unless we learn to interpret what is really going on in the world we cannot avoid danger, we will always be trapped by rhetoric.

So when you have a choice to fall down on the side of a cartoon or the Downs child of politician that is publically mocked by the cartoon, you're choice is to defend the cartoon.

Gee. Big surprise there.

If you're identifying Family Guy as inferior to the realm of political lampoon just because it's animated, that's dumb. If you think that every instance of a politician being "publically mocked" warrants defense, well, that's even dumber.