M. Harrison a FA at season's end?

Honestly, I have not been happy with Moulds' play lately. He always looks for pass interference, and drops some easy ones. I know he's been a "quintessential Bill" but considering where we have (not) gotten with him, I'd be happy to cut him loose. Would we take a big cap hit in letting him go?

That said, there would be an obvious need for an experienced receiver. Harrison has complained about not getting the ball enough at Indy and is not having a flashy season in a contract year... Could we possibly get him? I know Donahoe isn't shy about making the big FA move, and we don't have a #1 this year to spend money on...

Perhaps I'm just dreaming again of bringing a former 'Cuse star to the Ralph.

Honestly, I have not been happy with Moulds' play lately.  He always looks for pass interference, and drops some easy ones.  I know he's been a "quintessential Bill" but considering where we have (not) gotten with him, I'd be happy to cut him loose.  Would we take a big cap hit in letting him go?

That said, there would be an obvious need for an experienced receiver.  Harrison has complained about not getting the ball enough at Indy and is not having a flashy season in a contract year... Could we possibly get him?  I know Donahoe isn't shy about making the big FA move, and we don't have a #1 this year to spend money on...

Perhaps I'm just dreaming again of bringing a former 'Cuse star to the Ralph.

132140[/snapback]

Im not sure if I see that as a possiility, especially if Edge does not re-sign with the Colts. I would imagine if Edge leaves, the Colts will make every effort to keep marvin. Plus playing indoors, that will enhance Harrison's chances of getting close to Jerry Rice's career numbers. I dont see it happening.

i doubt it, cuz he'll wanna be paid like the most productive WR over the past 5 years, which I believe he is. if not, it's close. moulds' contract starts to get chunky next year.

moulds will need to restructure, and i bet that's what fueled his comments a couple weeks ago.

if we're gonna trade travis, which a part of me will always think is a mistake, then how about travis straight up for boldin? Boldin isn't one of "Denny's guys" and they need an experienced RB badly. Our WR coach TOlbert knows Boldin well, and it could be a nice fit. Only question is, what role would he play with Moulds and Evans on the team?

Im not sure if I see that as a possiility, especially if Edge does not re-sign with the Colts.  I would imagine if Edge leaves, the Colts will make every effort to keep marvin.  Plus playing indoors, that will enhance Harrison's chances of getting close to Jerry Rice's career numbers.  I dont see it happening.

132148[/snapback]

The Colts seem to making every effort to make Harrison LESS important to their offense. Look at the year that Manning is having and then look at Harrisions numbers. He only has 637 receiving yards and 8 of mannings 36 touchdowns. He has come out and said he feels like he is being pushed out of the offense.

The question is, why are they doing it? Is it to move ahead with the offense knowing her won't be there next year or are they trying to show him that he isn't "all that" in hopes of lowering his price tag. This situation is going to be interesting in the off season.

Dude. I think Eric Moulds is just as good as Marvin Harrison before his groin injury. That injury has brought down Moulds play a bit and he is still on pace for Pro-Bowl numbers this season. GROW THE HECK UP!

Second of all - Marvin has a BIG edge because he plays indoors, has Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Stokley opposite him and PEYTON MANNING slinging him the ball. If Moulds had that he would have put up the same numbers.

Dude. I think Eric Moulds is just as good as Marvin Harrison before his groin injury. That injury has brought down Moulds play a bit and he is still on pace for Pro-Bowl numbers this season. GROW THE HECK UP!

Second of all - Marvin has a BIG edge because he plays indoors, has Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Stokley opposite him and PEYTON MANNING slinging him the ball. If Moulds had that he would have put up the same numbers.

132176[/snapback]

Dead on accurate.

i doubt it, cuz he'll wanna be paid like the most productive WR over the past 5 years, which I believe he is. if not, it's close. moulds' contract starts to get chunky next year.

moulds will need to restructure, and i bet that's what fueled his comments a couple weeks ago.

if we're gonna trade travis, which a part of me will always think is a mistake, then how about travis straight up for boldin? Boldin isn't one of "Denny's guys" and they need an experienced RB badly. Our WR coach TOlbert knows Boldin well, and it could be a nice fit. Only question is, what role would he play with Moulds and Evans on the team?

132154[/snapback]

Travis Henry for Anquan Boldin? If Arizona agreed to it, I'd pull the trigger on something like that.

I'd pay the airfare.

132192[/snapback]

Then I would trade Moulds. I think Moulds has alot left, he has a few years of quality play in him, but from a purely value position, this is the best time to trade someone like Moulds. At the end of his peak, or just before his value starts to drop.

Then I would trade Moulds.  I think Moulds has alot left, he has a few years of quality play in him, but from a purely value position, this is the best time to trade someone like Moulds.  At his peak, or just before his value starts to drop.

132207[/snapback]

To where? For whom? If were gonna trade a true Buffalo Bill then we better get HUGE stevestojan for him. Im talking like the other teams next 7 years of 1st rounders .... kidding of course, but you get the point.

132176[/snapback]

Like, "Dude," I don't think anyone advertising Emo should tell another to grow the heck up. But, like, whatever.

I was just positing a situation that may indeed exist this spring. And sometimes it seems like Moulds needs to grow the heck up since he can't seem to contain himself enough to stop whining about pass interference ot every play, or to not get flagged for personal fouls.

I wouldn't mind having a quiet professional like Harrison as our A-1 receiver.

Like, "Dude," I don't think anyone advertising Emo should tell another to grow the heck up.  But, like, whatever.

I was just positing a situation that may indeed exist this spring.  And sometimes it seems like Moulds needs to grow the heck up since he can't seem to contain himself enough to stop whining about pass interference ot every play, or to not get flagged for personal fouls.

I wouldn't mind having a quiet professional like Harrison as our A-1 receiver.

132767[/snapback]

Yo - has it occured to you, that Harrison isnt getting raped on most plays? Reason being that the defense has to cover 2 other dominant recievers and a good running back ... not to mention that Indi passes twice as much as we do.

Moulds has been flagged 3 times all year and your telling him to cut out the penalties - my God, i have seen it all.