Conrad Dobler

BuffaloBud

"Replacements" or surgeries? Unless they were using wooden joints there's no medical reason on earth to replace his knees 9 times. Modern joints can last as much as 30 years!

I'm not even sure if it's medically possible to replace your knees nine times.

Edit: Wow, I just read the article. I think Conrad needs a new ortho.

he's had major problems with staph infections and amputation has been encouraged...he says he won't go through with it because he won't be able to take care of his wife who i believe is quadriplegic. very sad situation. it's too bad the players association won't do more for these guys, instead of point fingers at them.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/...d%C2%A0players/

"Replacements" or surgeries? Unless they were using wooden joints there's no medical reason on earth to replace his knees 9 times. Modern joints can last as much as 30 years!

I'm not even sure if it's medically possible to replace your knees nine times.

Edit: Wow, I just read the article. I think Conrad needs a new ortho.

Most new joints now will last 15-20 years. This is can be reduced by many factors.

Older joints were replaced far sooner.

Most new joints now will last 15-20 years. This is can be reduced by many factors.

Older joints were replaced far sooner.

I had a total replacement of my shoulder five years ago and I'm hoping to get 30 years out of it.

Knees and hips are weight bearing joints and they'll wear out sooner than a non-weight bearing joint replacement will - generally speaking. That said, I hope I never have to go through that operation again. Brutal. Just brutal.