Amazing Race is back tonight!

Just Jack

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this show...I just wish they'd get some FUGGIN HD CAMERAS!!!! Of all the shows that could benefit from HD, what better than a show where you get to see the world's most amazing sights?

Love this show...I just wish they'd get some FUGGIN HD CAMERAS!!!! Of all the shows that could benefit from HD, what better than a show where you get to see the world's most amazing sights?

Agreed. It's utterly ridiculous that they don't have HD at this point.

Agreed. It's utterly ridiculous that they don't have HD at this point.

I know it....I could understand at first, cause the HD cams were bigger and it was too cumbersome to carry them on this type of show....but there's no excuse now....it made a huge difference for Survivor!

I love that Miss

is on this season. I just love her and the whole dumb blonde thing. Shes great. Its also a bonus that the equally challenged girl from Big Brother is on as well. Another blonde and she won I think. Can't remember her name. Should be a fun season if they can make it deep into the competition.

I love that Miss
is on this season. I just love her and the whole dumb blonde thing. Shes great. Its also a bonus that the equally challenged girl from Big Brother is on as well. Another blonde and she won I think. Can't remember her name. Should be a fun season if they can make it deep into the competition.

Jordan. She has an endearing quality. But yeah, she seems dumb as a box of rocks. :devil:

Re-watching the first two episodes, came up with the following names for the teams, these are in the order they were introduced...

Names - what CBS/AR calls them - my nickname for them

Brent and Caite - Dating Models - Team Airhead

Jet and Cord - Brothers/Cowboys - Team Cowboy

Steve and Allison - Father/Daughter - Team "I'm a baseball coach"

Dan and Jordan - Brothers - Team "I'm gay/I'm not"

Dana and Adrian - High School Sweethearts/Married - Team Black Couple

Jordan and Jeff - Newly Dating - Team Big Brother

Jody and Shannon - Grandmother/Granddaughter - Team Generation Gap

Louie and Michael - Detectives - Team "Hey, we're detectives!"

Monique and Shawne - Moms/Attorneys - Team "We'll sue you"

Joe and Heidi - Married - Team Asia

Carol and Brandy - Dating - Team Les Bos

With 8 teams left, here's who I think will make the final three...

The Cowboys

The Les Bos

The Asians

The team that could surprise me and make the final three...

The Baseball Coach/Daughter

After the first episode I didn't think the cowboys would do well with their money mixup, but they've really turned things around these past couple episodes.

With 8 teams left, here's who I think will make the final three...

The Cowboys

The Les Bos

The Asians

The team that could surprise me and make the final three...

The Baseball Coach/Daughter

After the first episode I didn't think the cowboys would do well with their money mixup, but they've really turned things around these past couple episodes.

Of course it helps when you start the leg first and the roadblock is roping - my wife and I were joking that the next roadblock would be "Oklahoma Trivia" to give them another advantage......

Of course it helps when you start the leg first and the roadblock is roping - my wife and I were joking that the next roadblock would be "Oklahoma Trivia" to give them another advantage......

It happens. There was one season where the final city was the same city the team was from. I believe they lost though.... <_<

It happens. There was one season where the final city was the same city the team was from. I believe they lost though.... <_<

I can't remember the season that you're talking about, but in the Family Edition (Season 8) the family from New Orleans was eliminated at the pit stop in New Orleans. I remember them running around confused trying to find the pit stop.

As for teams having an advantage because of prior experience, it happens just about every season. Season 9 had the hippies BJ & Tyler. Tyler had spent time in Japan so during that portion of the race he knew the language and where places where. Season 14 had Tammy & Victor who both spoke Chinese which helped during that leg. Those are the two I can remember off the top of my head.

I can't remember the season that you're talking about, but in the Family Edition (Season 8) the family from New Orleans was eliminated at the pit stop in New Orleans. I remember them running around confused trying to find the pit stop.

As for teams having an advantage because of prior experience, it happens just about every season. Season 9 had the hippies BJ & Tyler. Tyler had spent time in Japan so during that portion of the race he knew the language and where places where. Season 14 had Tammy & Victor who both spoke Chinese which helped during that leg. Those are the two I can remember off the top of my head.

I seem to recall one of them ended in LA (or maybe NY?) and they were saying things like, "This is our hometown! No problem here!" And then they lost...

Can't remember specifics though...