Time to Dethrone Brady?

Rush23

http://www.virtualsportsnet.com/2010/02/14...ning-tom-brady/

What are your thoughts on the article? Is it time to dethrone Tom Brady? I think he's been a great QB over the years but he's on the decline in my eyes. I've never really liked him but I've respected what he's done over the past several years.

He's pond scum and has never been on a throne in my eyes. How many SBs has he won since the pats* cheating was discovered?

What are your thoughts on the article? Is it time to dethrone Tom Brady? I think he's been a great QB over the years but he's on the decline in my eyes. I've never really liked him but I've respected what he's done over the past several years.

We have been calling for the decline of the Pats* dynasty and Brady's career since 2005. I think that the Pats* and Brady's window is closing but they will most likely be in the hunt for the division and a threat in the playoffs for the next 2 years (Assuming there isn't a lockout in 2011). Honestly Brady is only going to be 33 come next season and the Pats* still have a relatively good cast around him.

I see the Jets and Fins on the rise with the Pats* still hanging around. The Jets have a very good D and a offense with talent, The Fins have a very good D with a good running game.

So I will not believe the end of the Pats* dynasty till it happens.

we need to beat them before we can dethrone them. Pats have beaten us what 13 of the last 14, or something like that. Until they start missing the playoffs consistently they will always have a chance to win it. But the signs of decline are there, hopefully this new decade will be remembered as the Bills Dynasty Decade.

What are your thoughts on the article?

My thought is that Brady isn't on any throne to begin with. He's never been the best QB of his era and the Pats* are five years removed from their last tainted title.

He was great when his loaded team was clicking on all cylinders, but unlike Manning, Warner or Favre he's never been able to carry his team and he's a gutless turd in the face of adversity (witness his pouting throughout the Raven's playoff game). Plus, he's a smug douchebag.

To answer this question, I would check the Cheats winning percentage with and without Brady and compare it to the Cheats winning percentage with and without Richard Seymour. Not positive what it is, but I think it might be enlightening.

As much as I hate that dude...

He's 3 for 4 in superbowls, and holds the following regular season and post season records:

* Highest total passing touchdowns in a regular season: 50 (2007)

* Highest total passing touchdowns in a season: 56 (2007)

* Highest total passing touchdowns in a single quarter: 5 (2009)

* Highest completion percentage in a single game: 92.9% (2007)

* Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42 (2007)

* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)

* Tied for most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 (XXXVIII)

* Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)

* Most games with three or more touchdown passes: 12 (2007)

* Most touchdown passes in a month: 20 (October 2007)

* Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday.

* Most career overtime wins without a defeat: 7-0

* Most consecutive playoff wins by a quarterback: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004)

* Most consecutive completions to start a career without an interception: 162

* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).

* Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12

* 3 Super Bowl victories

* 2 Super Bowl MVP awards

* Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)

* Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)

* Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)

He's 3 for 4 in superbowls, and holds the following regular season and post season records:

* NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).

* 3 Super Bowl victories

* Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)

Thank you.

As much as I'd love to punch that man in the throat, he's one helluva QB and has frankly owned us for most of his career.

I'd kick a baby seal to have him start for us, regardless of how I feel about the Pats*.

* 3 Super Bowl victories

And still hasn't done jackshit without the benefit of video and sign-stealing !@#$ery. Garbage, media-made !@#$bag.

And still hasn't done jackshit without the benefit of video and sign-stealing !@#$ery. Garbage, media-made !@#$bag.

He didnt have any help in 2007 when he set all those records and went 18-1.

I would more shame Belicheck than the players in that whole spygate thing

He didnt have any help in 2007 when he set all those records and went 18-1.

I would more shame Belicheck than the players in that whole spygate thing

Yes, he did. He was the direct beneficiary of the sign-stealing. He was the one who knew what defense was being called before the snap, without having to read a defense. He is the one that has benefited from all the subjective calls. Even after it became apparent (which was only partway through the 2007 season), few changed their calls. Even those who did could not change their tendencies, which were given away by the video-!@#$ery the Pats engaged in. Brady is a piece of ****, garbage QB who was only made decent by cheating with the addition of a good defense which was exposed without its premier player, Richard Seymour.

Yes, he did. He was the direct beneficiary of the sign-stealing. He was the one who knew what defense was being called before the snap, without having to read a defense. He is the one that has benefited from all the subjective calls. Even after it became apparent (which was only partway through the 2007 season), few changed their calls. Even those who did could not change their tendencies, which were given away by the video-!@#$ery the Pats engaged in. Brady is a piece of ****, garbage QB who was only made decent by cheating with the addition of a good defense which was exposed without its premier player, Richard Seymour.

BTW, there is an ESPN the Magazine article that explains exactly why the revelation of spygate didn't matter until the next offseason, and explains how the cheating !@#$s used the signs they stole to predict plays based off formation and down, and the "coach" who put it all together. Brady is a fraud, !@#$ him.

Getting comeback player of the year is a sure decline in a career , I dont like him, but stop this stupid crap, he still passed for 4,000+ yards.

I like that you put all of the asterisks before the 'records', rather than waiting until after to indicate that they are tainted records. (Yeah, some of them are set after the cheating was revealed, but that team gets no breaks from me. Cuz they're cheaters.)

* 3 Super Bowl victories

its still completely astonishing to me that most people couldnt care less that he cheated

THEY HAD THE OTHER TEAMS DEFENSIVE SIGNALS

even jp would have been good if our offensive coordinator KNEW WHAT DEFENSE THE OPPONENT WAS PLAYING

its like a collective insanity