Question for our resident football researchers

Question for our NFL research experts:

Has anyone successfully made the transition from DE to LB in recent years? It looks like Maybin is going to have to do it next year and I was wondering how many (if any) players in the last five years or so have made the transition. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's done it. If the Bills put him at OLB he's going to have coverage responsibilities too....just wondering.

Question for our NFL research experts:

Has anyone successfully made the transition from DE to LB in recent years? It looks like Maybin is going to have to do it next year and I was wondering how many (if any) players in the last five years or so have made the transition. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's done it. If the Bills put him at OLB he's going to have coverage responsibilities too....just wondering.

Off the top of my head Elvis Dumerville was extremely successful and led the league in sacks last year. There is also Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace, who both previously played DE, for the Jets. Also, not in a 3-4, Orakpo played OLB for Washington last season and would move to DE on passing downs.