Any Cubicle Dwellers?

ajzepp

So the hospital finally got the better of me. For the time being, I've had my last bite from a psych patient and no longer will I have to worry about getting a 300 lb woman from the commode to the bed when she's going into cardiac arrest. That's right, I'm heading to a job where I"ll spend most of my shift in....a cubicle.

The good news is that I'll still be working with mostly women, and the company (United Health Group) is like #21 on the Fortune 100 so I'll have relatively good job security...but what exactly do I do with a cubicle?? From what I understand, we pretty much have free reign over what we want to hang on the walls, put on the desk, etc....so that's where I need some help.

Anyone have ideas for what I should put in this thing? Cool Bills stuff? Conversation pieces? Cubicle must haves?

So the hospital finally got the better of me. For the time being, I've had my last bite from a psych patient and no longer will I have to worry about getting a 300 lb woman from the commode to the bed when she's going into cardiac arrest. That's right, I'm heading to a job where I"ll spend most of my shift in....a cubicle.

The good news is that I'll still be working with mostly women, and the company (United Health Group) is like #21 on the Fortune 100 so I'll have relatively good job security...but what exactly do I do with a cubicle?? From what I understand, we pretty much have free reign over what we want to hang on the walls, put on the desk, etc....so that's where I need some help.

Anyone have ideas for what I should put in this thing? Cool Bills stuff? Conversation pieces? Cubicle must haves?

You'll definitely want some Bills gear. A mouse pad, mini-helmet, maybe a notepad.

Have a few other personal family type items, photos etc.

Good luck on the new job! Relocation required?

<_<:lol: I have one of those in my office, and everyone loves it!

I have one of these too, and everyone gets a kick out of playing with it when they come visit:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/964e/

And one of these:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/9380/

Get a Bills calendar, and you're set. :)

It won't matter. If he 'decorates' his cube with a bunch of crap and/or Bills gear, none of them will be interested.

If he wants to get laid, he should just put a picture of his dog or cat and leave it at that.

He's already got Lana.... We're trying to help him remain faithful! <_<:lol:

You'll definitely want some Bills gear. A mouse pad, mini-helmet, maybe a notepad.

Have a few other personal family type items, photos etc.

Good luck on the new job! Relocation required?

I agree, I've got to have some Bills gear in there....I already get a lot of comments on my Bills lanyard that TBD'ers helped me find a few years ago, so I need at least another piece of Bills pride :lol:

And nope, no relocation required since the ATL is one of the largest branches....although I may move to Fez's backyard in a couple of years since our headquarters are up his way....I will need a change of scenery by then for sure! Actually, there is an office in Tonawanda, I believe...that could be an option, too <_<

It won't matter. If he 'decorates' his cube with a bunch of crap and/or Bills gear, none of them will be interested.

If he wants to get laid, he should just put a picture of his dog or cat and leave it at that.

So true....when I go through the drive thru at a fast food joint with the dog in the back and the window down, he gets so much attention it's shocking. Particularly at night when it's less busy, I'll have the window lady freaking out over him and then she'll start calling all her co-workers from the back of the place over to take a look. They bring him food, ask to pet him, gawk over him, etc, etc....one of these days I'm going to test the theory that I could get one of them to actually get in the car and come home with us <_<

Are they hot?

Well, it's probably about 12% hot, 28% not bad, 45% avg, and 15% "...marla hooch....what a hitter!"

The trainer we have for orientation is in from the South Carolina office. She's married to a marine apparently, but she looks like a nerdy version of Lara Croft <_<

decoration with Bills gear will guarantee that none of the annoying hot chicks will ever bother you