Finally saw Avatar

The Big Cat

Caught it in the center seats of an iMax 3D theater, enjoyed the visuals (thanks largely to some culinary delights prepared by my roommate), but incredibly, I was more underwhelmed by the movie than I figured I would be.

That is all.

I like to call it "Dances With Smurfs"

Caught it in the center seats of an iMax 3D theater, enjoyed the visuals (thanks largely to some culinary delights prepared by my roommate), but incredibly, I was more underwhelmed by the movie than I figured I would be.

That is all.

You have to get the DVD when it comes out. The sex scene wont be cut from the movie!!!!!! You actually get to see how the Navi's have sex. It will be an awesome experience that i will try to replicate someday. And yes I suffer from avatar depression. I wish I lived on Pandora and become a Navi.

You have to get the DVD when it comes out. The sex scene wont be cut from the movie!!!!!! You actually get to see how the Navi's have sex. It will be an awesome experience that i will try to replicate someday. And yes I suffer from avatar depression. I wish I lived on Pandora and become a Navi.

...wat

That is all.

Agree. Laughably bad at times.

Avatar....PFFT....I got no time for Cameron's typical hollywood "American military bad!!!" dreck, no matter how subtle he tries to make it.

Not so subtle at all I think. I saw the promo around Christmas and knew it wasn't a movie I would spend a nickle on.

if you take Avatar for exactly what it is (a flexing of CGI muscles), and dont expect much more from it, it's actually a pretty entertaining movie.

the story is lame, but it's more about the other world they have created than it is about some crappy story.

at least that's the way i looked at it so i wasnt too pissed off about paying to see it. <_<

but i did enjoy it. probably because i know better than to expect a great story from an "animated Hollywood blockbuster". the CGI is spectacular, like nothing that has ever been done before. the world they created is pretty awesome.

Next time take the brownies and just go see a screening of Return of the Jedi or something.

Avatar....PFFT....I got no time for Cameron's typical hollywood "American military bad!!!" dreck, no matter how subtle he tries to make it.

Is the message so over the top that a person can't possibly watch it without noticing the agenda? Or is it subtle enough that it would go over the head of a person,like myself,who's not into politics. I kinda want to see it for the 3D,special effects.etc.,but I have no desire to be preached to.

Ill put it in your terms. You will get to watch two smurfs have hot sex. Now do you understand why this is awesome.

No, you got me wrong. I saw the sex scene online, my confusion was toward the other part of your post.

Is the message so over the top that a person can't possibly watch it without noticing the agenda?

It was essentially a futuristic retelling of the Pocahontas story. Bad guy invaders try to trash native homeland and kill innocents to profit on resources. Chief's daughter pairs up with good-hearted invader to repel invasion.

The only people I've seen have any problem with it are people who are far right wackjobs whose entire lives are viewed through the spectrum of everything they see and experience being about their narrow-minded politics. I don't get the sense that this describes you at all, so I don't see where you'll have any trouble with creating issues with it in your head like a few Sensitive Susie's have.

Even if you don't care for the story, it's worth the trip to the big screen because the visuals are absolutely stunning. Like nothing I've ever seen before. Go before it's too late.

A 15 foot tall blue lizard looking creature is eye candy?

I'm sure you'd have liked it better if it was 5'1" and white. <_<

if you take Avatar for exactly what it is (a flexing of CGI muscles), and dont expect much more from it, it's actually a pretty entertaining movie.

the story is lame, but it's more about the other world they have created than it is about some crappy story.

at least that's the way i looked at it so i wasnt too pissed off about paying to see it. <_<

but i did enjoy it. probably because i know better than to expect a great story from an "animated Hollywood blockbuster". the CGI is spectacular, like nothing that has ever been done before. the world they created is pretty awesome.

Well, I did go into the experience with very low expectations for story, character, etc. But, as Dante pointed out, some parts were laughably bad.