Now I know why you Southern Californians

You're a young dude, unmarried, no? DO NOT return East if you can at all manage it. You don't want to get stuck here.

Haha, I hear you, I definitely don't plan on going back. I'm not married, and with the caliber of girls out here, I'm gonna keep it that way for awhile.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Carlsbad 1957-63[the first years of my life] We had a acre and a half in walking distance of the then undeveloped beach. Our neighbors had 11 acres they raised chickens on.

That Cali I would move back to. Not todays version.

It still does exist. It's called the Mendocino Coast.

And their number one cash crop and actually I think their number one employer is....weed. :rolleyes:

Thank you. Keep spreading that around.

I tell people the same thing when they ask about Alaska. :rolleyes:

California would be great if there was a way to weed out the !@#$ing retards. They seem to breed faster than rabbits. I think it would have been a hell of a lot easier to live there if we didn't have kids.

To this day, Carmel/Monterey/Pine Grove is still pretty much my favorite place on earth.

I tell people the same thing when they ask about Alaska. :rolleyes:

California would be great if there was a way to weed out the !@#$ing retards. They seem to breed faster than rabbits. I think it would have been a hell of a lot easier to live there if we didn't have kids.

To this day, Carmel/Monterey/Pine Grove is still pretty much my favorite place on earth.

I hear ya. If I had kids this place would probably suck. And guess what, it ain't going to get any better (regarding the !@#$ing retards) if they legalize pot here. But I'm very good at blocking out the asshats, hell I live in SF for God's sake, and taking in the natural beauty of it all.

It still does exist. It's called the Mendocino Coast.

And their number one cash crop and actually I think their number one employer is....weed. :rolleyes:

The beach at Carlsbad was not that rocky. In fact I see what appears to be a cross in the foreground. It would have been mine if I learned to swim there as I did in Carlsbad.

60's gone :rolleyes::wallbash:

I lived in Carlsbad 1957-63[the first years of my life] We had a acre and a half in walking distance of the then undeveloped beach. Our neighbors had 11 acres they raised chickens on.

That Cali I would move back to. Not todays version.

I grew up 70's / 80's in the North County .. I could take my dirt bike or my Baja bug up the street and head out to Rancho Santa Fe and the old Del Dios highway on dirt roads through Black mountain to Cardiff, Salana and Encinitas/ chasing all the illegals into the tomato fields on the way..or walk out a half mile and shoot my rifles and hunt....I went back in 2001 and all that landscape was gone and mostly developed... filled with new mini neighborhoods, shopping centers and golf courses for miles and miles. Rancho Bernardo to La Costa to Poway to Esconddido.

I grew up 70's / 80's in the North County .. I could take my dirt bike or my Baja bug up the street and head out to Rancho Santa Fe and the old Del Dios highway on dirt roads through Black mountain to Cardiff, Salana and Encinitas/ chasing all the illegals into the tomato fields on the way..or walk out a half mile and shoot my rifles and hunt....I went back in 2001 and all that landscape was gone and mostly developed... filled with new mini neighborhoods, shopping centers and golf courses for miles and miles. Rancho Bernardo to La Costa to Poway to Esconddido.

My uncle who lived in La Mesa[ ? spelling] sent us some photos of the Carlsbad property in the 80s. Wall to wall condo's.

I hear ya. If I had kids this place would probably suck.

That's the big thing. I feel bad for my daughter, she hates the cold so she essentially has to play indoors for 4-6 months out of the year. it'd be awesome to have her be able to play outdoors all year round.