Obama Espoused Radical Marxist Views in College

“The idea was basically that wealthy people were exploiting others,” Drew says. “That this was the secret of their wealth, that they weren’t paying others enough for their work, and they were using and taking advantage of other people."

That's just a fact.

You would rather he was playing Frat Boy then debating economics in college?

“The idea was basically that wealthy people were exploiting others,” Drew says. “That this was the secret of their wealth, that they weren’t paying others enough for their work, and they were using and taking advantage of other people."

Good thing there aren't any Democrats or contributors like Soros doing that. Look up Occidental Petroleum and Elk Hills sometime.

You people are so full of crap.

That's just a fact.

The labor market (except for unions) is a supply and demand market. If I can hire people to do a job at $15/hour and replace those people if they leave for $15/hour then the market rate for that job is basically $15/hour. Conversely, if the people that are working here for $15/hour can find a better paying job, they are free to leave and take that job.

Unions have won battles for people but lost many wars. It's ridiculous that they continue to hold the power to strike and disrupt and entire company's operation while charging labor rates that are above market.

An individual's compensation more than ever is tied to the value they bring to the job every day and that company's ability to pay (profits). Obama doesn't get this. He doesn't realize that every dollar he wants to take in taxes or other cost increases to businesses will likely be offset by lower wages, reduced benefits or fewer employees.

That's just a fact.

I'm always dumbfounded by those who are jealous of people who have achieved something in life. Along the way they have accumulated a lot of money. Probably created a lot of wealth for others as well. At the same time most likely employed(exploited I guess someone like you would say) people in the process. Providing for families. These people are demonized. But you would willingly and supportively let a government confiscate 50% of the money that you worked hard for through taxation and redistribute it to others that don't have the initiative to do things for themselves. I want I want I want. Let the rich pay for it! There gains are ill gotten and don't really deserve it. This attitude makes me fuggin puke frankly.

That's just a fact.

Actually, it's an unsupported self-justifying opinion. "The wealthy exploit others. How do we know? Because they're wealthy." :nana:

I know lots of wealthy people. I know only one who's ever exploited anybody - and it's not because he's wealthy, it's because he's a ****head.