Teague is out with a knee? And other stuff.

ICE

I read on the Seattle article they have Teague out with a knee. (Crossing fingers) I am hoping this will signal an end to the Teague experiment come this offseason.

Here is an interesting tidbit....

'ON THE SPOT: Drew Bledsoe. The former WSU quarterback threw three touchdown passes against the Rams, all to tight end Mark Campbell. But one Buffalo columnist referred to the performance as "fool's gold." The problem? Bledsoe is 4-2 at home this season but 0-4 on the road. Four of the Bills' next five games are on the road, and there are those in the organization who want to see what first-round draft choice J.P. Losman can do.'

So I wonder who 'those' in the bills org are? I am hoping it is Ralph Wilson.

ICE, 'you can't lose your job to injury'... No mater how good Tucker does, Teague will be right back in when his untalented ass is healthy again.

131973[/snapback]

Yeah God forbid they play the better guy :D

I read on the Seattle article they have Teague out with a knee. (Crossing fingers) I am hoping this will signal an end to the Teague experiment come this offseason.

Here is an interesting tidbit....

'ON THE SPOT: Drew Bledsoe. The former WSU quarterback threw three touchdown passes against the Rams, all to tight end Mark Campbell. But one Buffalo columnist referred to the performance as "fool's gold." The problem? Bledsoe is 4-2 at home this season but 0-4 on the road. Four of the Bills' next five games are on the road, and there are those in the organization who want to see what first-round draft choice J.P. Losman can do.'

So I wonder who 'those' in the bills org are? I am hoping it is Ralph Wilson.

131963[/snapback]

Good find. Bledsoe has always had fun finding his tight ends. That's fine as long as he's getting the job done. Tucker for Teague this Sunday? Interesting if that's the case. I would like to see that. To bad Jennings didn't want to be a center.

I agree...its the Same Ol' Situation!!!  (Motley Crue Song)

132044[/snapback]

In the beginning good always overpowered the evils of all mans sins...But in time the nations grew weak and our cities fell to slums while evil stood strong. In the dusts of hell lurked the blackest of hates for he whom they feared awaited them. Now many many life times later lay destroyed, beaten down only the corpses of rebels ashes of dreams and blood stained streets. It has been written " Those who have the youth Have the future" So come now children of the beast be strong and SHOUT AT THE DEVIL.

In the beginning good always overpowered the evils of all mans sins...But in time the nations grew weak and our cities fell to slums while evil stood strong. In the dusts of hell lurked the blackest of hates for he whom they feared awaited them. Now many many life times later lay destroyed, beaten down only the corpses of rebels ashes of dreams and blood stained streets. It has been written " Those who have the youth Have the future" So come now children of the beast be strong and SHOUT AT THE DEVIL.

132078[/snapback]

:D:flirt::blush:

The official injury report will be released by the league today but i have heard nothing from any other source regarding a Teague injury. Even if he is sore (not unlikely 2/3 of the way into the NFL season and with him already having missed a few games) there are not the usual signs that he would not be able to play like him being reported to be spending time in the trainers room rather than meeting or practicing yesterday.

It seems pretty clear to me what the best Bills OL is after an effective performance Sunday and even a not as bad as the rest of the crew performance in the debacle in Boston. Namely. MW at RT, Villareal at RG, Teague at C, Tucker/Smith at LG and Jenning as LT.

As far as the present, I feel pretty comfortable with Price backing up both tackle spots, Smith backing up both guard spots and Tucker backing up Teague. Smith's redzone play has been his big problem but the use of Bannan in a limited role here has proved effective.

As far as the future, the key thing is first things first and the next game is the focus rather than the future. In that context, Jennings is likely to be gone, but the Bills have a number of internal replacement options and need to look at the FA wire for a bargain and not break the bank to replace him. Villareal looks set at RG, one of the two choices will need to step up at LG, MW shows great development from his horrible off-season now that he has a real coach and Teague has improved his play a lot from the days of last season when he ended up on his back too often and shotgun snaps were an adventure.

Sure everyone can get better, but for now the development and production is simply good and while pointing our their flaws us easy, there seem to be few realistic suggestions for how to improve our play right now (for example, moving MW to guard is probably not the thing to do in the long run and it ain't gonna happen no way no how right now)being offered anywhere besides buckle down and do the work.

Does that leave us with Lawrence Smith at Guard again?

131975[/snapback]

this might be an ugly group of guys...literally and figuratively.

but that is the kind of group that jells together and overachieves.

i am tired of the well known underachiever guys....

The official injury report will be released by the league today but i have heard nothing from any other source regarding a Teague injury.  Even if he is sore (not unlikely 2/3 of the way into the NFL season and with him already having missed a few games) there are not the usual signs that he would not be able to play like him being reported to be spending time in the trainers room rather than meeting or practicing yesterday.

It seems pretty clear to me what the best Bills OL is after an effective performance Sunday and even a not as bad as the rest of the crew performance in the debacle in Boston.  Namely. MW at RT, Villareal at RG, Teague at C, Tucker/Smith at LG and Jenning as LT.

As far as the present, I feel pretty comfortable with Price backing up both tackle spots, Smith backing up both guard spots and Tucker backing up Teague.  Smith's redzone play has been his big problem but the use of Bannan in a limited role here has proved effective.

As far as the future, the key thing is first things first and the next game is the focus rather than the future.  In that context, Jennings is likely to be gone, but the Bills have a number of internal replacement options and need to look at the FA wire for a bargain and not break the bank to replace him.  Villareal looks set at RG, one of the two choices will need to step up at LG, MW shows great development from his horrible off-season now that he has a real coach and Teague has improved his play a lot from the days of last season when he ended up on his back too often and shotgun snaps were an adventure.

Sure everyone can get better, but for now the development and production is simply good and while pointing our their flaws us easy, there seem to be few realistic suggestions for how to improve our play right now (for example, moving MW to guard is probably not the thing to do in the long run and it ain't gonna happen no way no how right now)being offered anywhere besides buckle down and do the work.

132133[/snapback]

I think finding 'A' LG this offseason is the key. Jennings? I have to agree with SIMON how can we let him go? No one else out there. We can and most likely will franchise him. Personally I move MW to LG and Price to RT. Find another 'Price' like journeyman to be our backup LT/RT. But who knows?

I dont see how this is a good thing for the bills....

- Tucker may be a better center then Teague...but Teague has been doing well

- It leaves us with L. Smith at LG...and I dont see that as a upgrade