Uh Oh! Bad news for all you "take money from the rich

I don't want to say I told you so....but....

Looks like Obama is willing to raise taxes on people making LESS than $250k also

Many of us here are not shocked. Some of us here are WRONG, once again. Man, it must get old being WRONG 80% of the time. You guys should form a club, this way you can comfort yourselves, after you spend 16 months shooting your mouths off and then Obama turns on you/makes you a liar, again. :D

I am not saying that he will definitely raise taxes on the middle class, but, he really doesn't have a choice given his propensity to spend. The bottom line is: he definitively said he would NOT do this, now, at the very least he is considering it....so, add that to one long list of disingenuous statements those of you in the WRONG club told us were reasons why we should elect Obama.

God help him if he actually goes the whole way and actually breaks the promise....in the middle of a recession....killing jobs/growth.....doing exactly what I said he would do.....and renewing the membership cards of the WRONG club once again :wallbash:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to say I told you so....but....

Looks like Obama is willing to raise taxes on people making LESS than $250k also

Many of us here are not shocked. Some of us here are WRONG, once again. Man, it must get old being WRONG 80% of the time. You guys should form a club, this way you can comfort yourselves, after you spend 16 months shooting your mouths off and then Obama turns on you/makes you a liar, again. :D

I am not saying that he will definitely raise taxes on the middle class, but, he really doesn't have a choice given his propensity to spend. The bottom line is: he definitively said he would NOT do this, now, at the very least he is considering it....so, add that to one long list of disingenuous statements those of you in the WRONG club told us were reasons why we should elect Obama.

God help him if he actually goes the whole way and actually breaks the promise....in the middle of a recession....killing jobs/growth.....doing exactly what I said he would do.....and renewing the membership cards of the WRONG club once again :wallbash:

Knew that was going to happen. Have to pay down the deficit one way or another.

He already raised taxes on the middle and lower classes with that new cigarette excise tax.

If Cap n Trade passes, there's a nice new hidden tax on the rest of us

And now they want an income tax increase on top of that?

But at least he cut taxes for 95% of Americans. That $13 a week sure goes along way towards, umm nothing

He already raised taxes on the middle and lower classes with that new cigarette excise tax.

If Cap n Trade passes, there's a nice new hidden tax on the rest of us

And now they want an income tax increase on top of that?

But at least he cut taxes for 95% of Americans. That $13 a week sure goes along way towards, umm nothing

Not to mention that primo $5k tax break on hiring new employees during this economic toilet-flush. What a useless incentive THAT is.

Probably. Either way taxes will have to be raised. No one likes it, but it will have to be done.

The government is so unbelievably bloated. I'll bet you could cut 1/3 or more from the budget. If the feds made the big tough cuts they would likely find the American people would be more open to a modest tax increase and even funding some of the Democrat social projects. It's shocking how so many elected officials (moreso the Dems) get to Washington and can only resort to taxing and spending to fix nearly everything. They've got a huge toolbox with only two tools inside.

How about not creating a $1.8T deficit to begin with? If Obama were to raise taxes and cut (or at least not raise) spending, that would be fiscally responsible. Jacking up taxes and spending is just stupid.

But it takes a special level of stupid to jack up taxes, jack up spending, and then renege on a major promise you repeatedly made to 95% of America just to be in a position to jack up taxes and spending in the first place.

To paraphrase The Three Stooges, he'd be moidered.

The government is so unbelievably bloated. I'll bet you could cut 1/3 or more from the budget.

Or look at it this way: the government's budget is an inflation-adjusted 75% more today than it was 12 years ago. Are we getting anywhere close to 75% more services from the government?

But it takes a special level of stupid to jack up taxes, jack up spending, and then renege on a major promise you repeatedly made to 95% of America just to be in a position to jack up taxes and spending in the first place.

I went back and found one of the posts where I predicted this: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1179853. Props to me for calling it early, even if I missed the scale of it by a factor of three.

Take a look at some of the "he'll cut programs, he knows he has to" responses I got. Classic. :D

I've said it before--the Dems are more intellectually honest on this point than the Republicans. The Dems spend more and tax more. The Republicans spend more and tax less. Both are wrong but one makes some sense.

How about not creating a $1.8T deficit to begin with? If Obama were to raise taxes and cut (or at least not raise) spending, that would be fiscally responsible. Jacking up taxes and spending is just stupid.

We would have to go back 9 years to do that and stop wasteful spending now.

Yeah, know that. Was looking for Pbills answer. To his credit he said spending needed to be cut.