John Wendling

Considering Donte Whitner, another backup safety, seems to get his own thread just about everyday, I figured I'd start one on John Wendling for a change. Hell of a year as a special teamer, huh? Named special teamer of the year for us and got a key INT vs. the Jets. I love him as our fifth safety. Plus, white man can jump.

Considering Donte Whitner, another backup safety, seems to get his own thread just about everyday, I figured I'd start one on John Wendling for a change. Hell of a year as a special teamer, huh? Named special teamer of the year for us and got a key INT vs. the Jets. I love him as our fifth safety. Plus, white man can jump.

yeah, but can he tweet? :worthy:

5th string safety? That's like 4th string QB. :worthy:

5th string safety? That's like 4th string QB. :worthy:

No kidding.. How many DB's did we lose this year to various injuries? About 1,000? And this guy can't get a sniff of playing time on defense? Now that April is gone, maybe we can stop keeping guys solely because their good special teamers.

No kidding.. How many DB's did we lose this year to various injuries? About 1,000? And this guy can't get a sniff of playing time on defense? Now that April is gone, maybe we can stop keeping guys solely because their good special teamers.

Yeah, like this guy who sucked - be sure to play the video.

Dude every team keeps some players who are primarily special teamers. I think the complaint w/ April was that he kept a few too many. Wendling is our best special teams player, he deserves to be one of 53 guys to make the team.