So far...So good

AllDayADay

I must admit when Chan Gailey was hired I was almost in shock. After all the talks about "big name coaches" coming to Buffalo I was a very much let down to find out Chan Gailey was going to be out next football coach. I realized then that Buddy had a plan. If you think about Chan Gailey's last coaching position it was with a Chiefs offense that couldn't do anything with Todd Haley this past year. I think we would all be pretty happy if Todd Haley came and coached our offense. With that said, I believe that Gailey is an underrated offensive mind. Since, he was out of the professional ranks for a good portion of the past 7 years.

Moving past the offensive coaching staff, I must admit that i have been impressed with the defensive hiring of George Edwards. I really really don't know what I would have done if we hired Jim Bates as our defensive coordinator. That would have made me think that this is the same old type of coaching staff the Bills hire. Keeping Coach C and Sanders tells me we were doing something right in the past defense, but needed fresh ideas (Fewell didn't have). The 3-4 makes me ecstatic. For a bunch of reasons, but mostly because of the creativeness that comes with it. No more looking at your tv and knowing what type of coverage we are going to play before the ball is even snapped. I really think we will see our players full potential with this coaching staff and scheme.

I really also like the strength and conditioning coaching choices too. One to work with lineman and one for the quicker small type of positions. Dont know much about these two men, but their records speak pretty well.

Now, one of the best changes I think we made was in the front office. I love Buddy Nix and his no b.s attitude. I also really like hiring of Doug Whaley. Getting a mix between a chargers and steelers type of team/roster/coaching staff really makes me excited for a athletic/strong/fast/physical team!

i can get on board with all of that. it seems like the decisions being made are far from flashy, but very good, sound football decisions. and that is pretty much what we wanted. i just have this annoying voice in the back of my head telling me i've heard all this before. hopefully...we finally walk the walk. anyway, i'm all in!

GO BILLS!

i can get on board with all of that. it seems like the decisions being made are far from flashy, but very good, sound football decisions. and that is pretty much what we wanted. i just have this annoying voice in the back of my head telling me i've heard all this before. hopefully...we finally walk the walk. anyway, i'm all in!

GO BILLS!

I wouldnt consider hiring Gailey and the ex GT staff "sound football moves" They were fired from GT - an average college program and GT instantly improved upon their departure. After circling the proverbial drain for a few years they were picked up by the Bills. This includes Gailey, his new OC (who was the running game C for a team that was near the bottom in rushing every year of his tenure. While I like Nix and all, hhis hire cannot be considered a sound move either when you dont interview anyone else. Who knows how many more qualified people there are out there.

People hated these moves(not so much the Nix move though) and have now just warmed to them. The hiring of Gailey was not a good hire.

I wouldnt consider hiring Gailey and the ex GT staff "sound football moves" They were fired from GT - an average college program and GT instantly improved upon their departure. After circling the proverbial drain for a few years they were picked up by the Bills. This includes Gailey, his new OC (who was the running game C for a team that was near the bottom in rushing every year of his tenure. While I like Nix and all, hhis hire cannot be considered a sound move either when you dont interview anyone else. Who knows how many more qualified people there are out there.

People hated these moves(not so much the Nix move though) and have now just warmed to them. The hiring of Gailey was not a good hire.

I agree with you. The Gailey hiring was pathetic and the coaching staff is a joke. Typical Ralph Wilson hires, guys who are in over their heads and wouldn't hold their current positions with any other NFL team. The kool aid gulpers don't want to face reality though, ignorance is bliss and there are some very happy mother!@#$ers around here.

I agree with you. The Gailey hiring was pathetic and the coaching staff is a joke. Typical Ralph Wilson hires, guys who are in over their heads and wouldn't hold their current positions with any other NFL team. The kool aid gulpers don't want to face reality though, ignorance is bliss and there are some very happy mother!@#$ers around here.

This is for the Kool Aid crowd: UNDEFEATED in February 2010!!!

So far, so good.