For those who want a QB in the draft

BeastMode54

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/...wn_and_sti.html

After reading this article it seems like Bradford might be the pick for the Rams, meaning that it is highely likely Claussen would go to one of the other 7 teams before our 9th pick. This would be the best thing, IMO, because better players will fall to us, leaving us in a position to take a top talent, or to trade back o get more picks

Yeah God forbid we take a guy that can come in and end up being a winner ;)

The kid doesn't have a elite arm, he has had injuries, he has played exclusively out of the shotgun in a spread offense, had his best season behind a great O-line, and has a thin frame what's there not to like?

Stay clear of Bradford the guy screams bust to me. I would be ecstatic if Bradford were to be taken at pick 1. Then the Lions take Suh and McCoy goes down and it trickles down to us getting a better player possibly a better LT at pick 9.

The kid doesn't have a elite arm, he has had injuries, he has played exclusively out of the shotgun in a spread offense, had his best season behind a great O-line, and has a thin frame what's there not to like?

Stay clear of Bradford the guy screams bust to me. I would be ecstatic if Bradford were to be taken at pick 1. Then the Lions take Suh and McCoy goes down and it trickles down to us getting a better player possibly a better LT at pick 9.

Brees didn't have an elite arm and played exclusively out of a spread offense in college. Brees and Jimbo's shoulder injuries really stunted their careers too. ;)

Yeah God forbid we take a guy that can come in and end up being a winner ;)

It would be more of a death sentence for his career. The Bills are a weak little finesse team that plays in the cold. They need to change this before getting a qb who would probably be rendered useless due to poor blocking and a porous front 7.

My friend, for years you have been screaming for one qb or another. They get in there, get killed, and then you say that they "suck." The truth is that they will all continue to suck until this team is built appropriately. I am fully positive that not 1 NFL team is the least bit intimidated by our weak little team that was built upon the foundation of defensive backs and gadget players.

The Jets waited until they were strong to make a big, risky move at a quarterback. It worked, and the Bills would be wise to do the same. Common sense and history tells us this.

Brees didn't have an elite arm and played exclusively out of a spread offense in college. Brees and Jimbo's shoulder injuries really stunted their careers too. :beer:

You named 1 player.

It also took him how many years to become what he is? SD gave up on him and drafted/traded for Rivers.

Yeah God forbid we take a guy that can come in and end up being a winner :beer:

We all can list the needs - but you are right, ICE. This league, its' rules - so favor the passing game - and BUF falls short in the QB position. Pike, Claussen, etc. - who knows?

I'm a big fan of lineman, and linebacker, as most are - but it's time, for better or worse. I think DET's Stafford shows promise, and NYJ's Sanchez, even with his up and down rookie performance, got 'em into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

A poster started a thread about needing a spiff WR. He was right. Others say that because the offense was so moribund, the defense got worn out. Probably true.

They need to ramp it up. I don't know how one could gather the information, but they have to be tops in teams not picked up by local affiliates around the nation. I "watch" them on CBS Sporttsline's Game Tracker thing. Excruciating.

Yeah God forbid we take a guy that can come in and end up being a winner :beer:

The only guy I would take over Bulaga is Suh. We aren't going to become a good team in one offseason and shouldn't try- we have been trying that for too ling. Build up the line and suddenly the skill players will miraculously be better.

You named 1 player.

It also took him how many years to become what he is? SD gave up on him and drafted/traded for Rivers.

LOL. Let me apologize on Brees behalf for not winning the super bowl in his rookie season. You're a joke with that comment.

I named 1 player? What's your point? I don't have an hour to sit here and list QBs who have played in a spread offense (which many do) in college and had shoulder injuries and then faltered in the NFL.

the colts didn't wait to get strong before drafting manning. if our coaches rate Bradford or Clausen high, then it would be foolish to pass on either one jsut b/c we don't have an O-line. Nobody said that the QB has to start from day one.

Sorry, you are flat out wrong.

They drafted Tarik Glenn, a fantastic LT and Adam Meadows, a very tough RT before being injured, in rounds 1 and 2 the year before they took Manning.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/...wn_and_sti.html

After reading this article it seems like Bradford might be the pick for the Rams, meaning that it is highely likely Claussen would go to one of the other 7 teams before our 9th pick. This would be the best thing, IMO, because better players will fall to us, leaving us in a position to take a top talent, or to trade back o get more picks

Awesome, that means well have our LT, and still grab Lefevour in the 3rd

Nix 1st day on the job he said you need a guy with a strong arm to play in B-Lo, Bradford doesn't have a strong arm.

Bradford doesn't have a strong arm? Yes, it's not Jay Cutler's arm, but it's not Chad Pennington's either. Honestly now, how many games have you ever watched of him? Or are you repeating things like a parrot b/c you read some mock draft site run by 10 yr olds from their mothers basement.

You don't throw for 50tds in one season with screen passes and 5 yd dump-offs.

We all can list the needs - but you are right, ICE. This league, its' rules - so favor the passing game - and BUF falls short in the QB position. Pike, Claussen, etc. - who knows?

I'm a big fan of lineman, and linebacker, as most are - but it's time, for better or worse. I think DET's Stafford shows promise, and NYJ's Sanchez, even with his up and down rookie performance, got 'em into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

A poster started a thread about needing a spiff WR. He was right. Others say that because the offense was so moribund, the defense got worn out. Probably true.

They need to ramp it up. I don't know how one could gather the information, but they have to be tops in teams not picked up by local affiliates around the nation. I "watch" them on CBS Sporttsline's Game Tracker thing. Excruciating.

Cincyman, the Bills are small, weak, and play in extreme elements. We are in a different situaton than other teams. They need to be big, strong and aggressive. There is no other way for them to compete. The entire mindset must change. This is a team who traded away a top Left Tackle, and what I am telling you is that no other team does this.

The Lions play in a dome. I like Stafford a lot and think they were smart to draft him. Stafford on the Bills would be just another injured body twisting on the turf.

Right buddy. And we drafted two "very good" O-lineman in last year's draft. Carry on... :beer:

Please be serious. We drafted 2 guards, and one of them might never be the same after a servere injury. But, before doing so, we traded away a top Left Tackle and replaced him with a tiny little 7th round draft pick who sucks.

Carry on..... <_<

Please be serious. We drafted 2 guards, and one of them might never be the same after a servere injury. But, before doing so, we traded away a top Left Tackle and replaced him with a tiny little 7th round draft pick who sucks.

Carry on..... :beer:

I am serious. We took two olineman day one last year. Do you want to take two more this year? There's something called free agency where a stop-gap can be signed at LT.

What exactly is your point about trading away Peters?

At some point your going to have to go after your QB if he's there on the draftboard and not build your 0-line forever.. We already tried bringing in big time free agents too..that didn't work...we have young players on the O-line already, let them develop further.

And again, who says that the QB would have to start from day one and not just sit a year?

Brees didn't have an elite arm and played exclusively out of a spread offense in college. Brees and Jimbo's shoulder injuries really stunted their careers too. :beer:

Big difference is Brees didn't have that injury coming out of college he had an injury after he had established himself as a pro QB. Another big difference is that Brees was drafted in the 2nd round. If we could get him in the 2nd yeah in a heart beat but at pick 9 pass.