More names in FA...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/328147-...xpect-to-happen

*I would love to get Ernie Sims if the Lions release him! He would bring some needed "swagger" to our defense, like Vilma brought to the Saints defense.

The NFL's Biggest Cuts and Trades You Can Expect to Happen

By: Andy Auger, a contributor @ Bleacherreport.com

Even in an uncapped year you are going to see a financial line drawn; some teams will be seeing the free spending opportunity to jettison unhappy players. Other teams will be looking to offload high salary figures to willing takers with the added financial flexibility.

We could easily see a guard market that might pay eventual free agent Logan Mankins a figure around $10 million if no CBA is reached by 2011. Teams will see this as an opportunity to cut players at whim and woe with a “cap penalty” that won’t have any true bearing on their ability to add desired players.

It will be much more reminiscent of baseball. The Lions, Chiefs, Vikings, Rams, Jaguars, and Bills are about to get bullied by the big spenders. The Patriots, Redskins, Raiders, Eagles, Saints, Colts, Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Buccaneers, and 49ers are all flush with cash. They figure to be the NFL version of the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc. in a distorted free agency and trade market.

In an uncapped year, the market will see more big names traded then usual under the former CBA.

First off, I don't believe the comparison to Major League Baseball. Teams will not take on TOO MANY players this Free Agency, knowing the CBA might get fixed, and they will then be on the hook for those salaries. I expect Free Agency to be just the same, except with some names we wouldn't expect, like Ladainian Tomlinson.

Now, I think we will be just fine, the Bills that is. Ralph has money, we have plenty of "cap" money available that could be used. I expect us to make a couple big moves, along with the moves we are used to, to strengthen depth. However, we have different talent evaluators now, and this could prove to be HUGE in the success of this new regime.

With our new D.C., Richard Seymour sounds more and more like an option. He IS a free agent, and Edwards coached him AND Stroud at Georgia. Seymour and Stroud would be GREAT DE's in a 3-4, then we could find somebody else in FA, Wilfork?, or draft somebody like Terrance Cody.

I expect this offseason to be the best we have had in a long...long...long...time. Here's to... :wallbash:

*I would love to get Ernie Sims if the Lions release him! He would bring some needed "swagger" to our defense, like Vilma brought to the Saints defense.

The NFL's Biggest Cuts and Trades You Can Expect to Happen

By: Andy Auger, a contributor @ Bleacherreport.com

Even in an uncapped year you are going to see a financial line drawn; some teams will be seeing the free spending opportunity to jettison unhappy players. Other teams will be looking to offload high salary figures to willing takers with the added financial flexibility.

We could easily see a guard market that might pay eventual free agent Logan Mankins a figure around $10 million if no CBA is reached by 2011. Teams will see this as an opportunity to cut players at whim and woe with a “cap penalty” that won’t have any true bearing on their ability to add desired players.

It will be much more reminiscent of baseball. The Lions, Chiefs, Vikings, Rams, Jaguars, and Bills are about to get bullied by the big spenders. The Patriots, Redskins, Raiders, Eagles, Saints, Colts, Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Buccaneers, and 49ers are all flush with cash. They figure to be the NFL version of the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc. in a distorted free agency and trade market.

In an uncapped year, the market will see more big names traded then usual under the former CBA.

First off, I don't believe the comparison to Major League Baseball. Teams will not take on TOO MANY players this Free Agency, knowing the CBA might get fixed, and they will then be on the hook for those salaries. I expect Free Agency to be just the same, except with some names we wouldn't expect, like Ladainian Tomlinson.

Now, I think we will be just fine, the Bills that is. Ralph has money, we have plenty of "cap" money available that could be used. I expect us to make a couple big moves, along with the moves we are used to, to strengthen depth. However, we have different talent evaluators now, and this could prove to be HUGE in the success of this new regime.

With our new D.C., Richard Seymour sounds more and more like an option. He IS a free agent, and Edwards coached him AND Stroud at Georgia. Seymour and Stroud would be GREAT DE's in a 3-4, then we could find somebody else in FA, Wilfork?, or draft somebody like Terrance Cody.

I expect this offseason to be the best we have had in a long...long...long...time. Here's to... :wallbash:

I share the same thoughts on Seymour and think we have a real shot because he would love nothing more than to stick it to the Pats twice a year. With that being said, I think the Jets and Phins make a run at him also. He is the guy I really want us to get. I also think that Dansby would be an excellent ILB in the 3-4. Dansby and Puz in the middle would be solid to say the least. If we could get a monster in the middle to play NT we would have the makings of a great defense IMO. Hopefully Schobel can transition well to a RLB position and maybe we will be able to get something out of Maybin in the 3-4. I think our secondary is set and we don't need anyone back there. Get the defensive front 7 fixed and the OL? Watch out! :lol:

I don't see Stroud as a very effective DE. Hes not very quick anymore and I would rather see Kyle Williams take that spot. As for your dream scenario of Wilfork and Seymour, yeah it worked for the Pats, but both are going to command big money. IMO it has no chance of happening.

The trouble with the authors statement above is that the bolded teams finished in the final 8, and are therefore very constricted as to the number of free agents they can sign as well as how much they can pay them.

Also, Ernie Sims would be awesome and would allow them to keep Mitchell outside or could play the outside himself.

The trouble with the authors statement above is that the bolded teams finished in the final 8, and are therefore very constricted as to the number of free agents they can sign as well as how much they can pay them.

Also, Ernie Sims would be awesome and would allow them to keep Mitchell outside or could play the outside himself.

draft well and the amount of money you spend matters little...