Bills have talked to Eagles about McNabb???

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/08/r...talk-to-eagles/

Well, i dont know the chances we have of getting McNabb, but it looks like the Bills are somewhat interested. What does this mean? I think they realize that we do not have any half decent qb's on the current roster, and i appreciate them for trying to get one, whether we land Mcnabb or not.

Reasons I WOULD WANT MCNABB:

He is a proven leader and winner. He has been to a superbowl, and can make all the throws, plus he is mobile as well out of the pocket, and has proven that he can work with "no name" wide receivers. Also, we can worry about other needs such as O-line, NT, linebacker etc..

Reasons I WOULD NOT WANT MCNABB:

He is 33 years old, and we would have to give up some valuable picks for him. Also, i really believe teams find franchise Qb's through the draft, and i want a QB in the first or at least second round, which we probably wouldnt have if we trade for McNabb.

Well, i dont know the chances we have of getting McNabb, but it looks like the Bills are somewhat interested. What does this mean? I think they realize that we do not have any half decent qb's on the current roster, and i appreciate them for trying to get one, whether we land Mcnabb or not.

He is a proven leader and winner. He has been to a superbowl, and can make all the throws, plus he is mobile as well out of the pocket, and has proven that he can work with "no name" wide receivers. Also, we can worry about other needs such as O-line, NT, linebacker etc..

He is 33 years old, and we would have to give up some valuable picks for him. Also, i really believe teams find franchise Qb's through the draft, and i want a QB in the first or at least second round, which we probably wouldnt have if we trade for McNabb.

well, we havent had any luck finding "franchise" QBs in the draft so far... So +1 for McNabb. On that note, i highly doubt this mcnabb rumor will happen. If anything, we'll pick up Vick, everyone will hate it until he hits on the field, he'll win our hearts over and we'll be saying "what dog fighting?" :wallbash:

To the OP:

Okay so you're at the registration page signing up for a forum to discuss your favorite football team.

Username. It's a difficult question, I'll admit. This will be your moniker from here on out, so you better choose wisely. Some people choose their nickname, others pop culture references, or likewise hilarious buffalo related phrases. What you did was something quite a bit more original. I applaud you for that, and I'm a little shocked no one thought to enter that as their username for the board's first 8 years of existence.

I don't think anything I have read have said the Bills expressed interest in McNabb, just that the 3 teams expressed interest in one of their QBs. McNabb and even Vick might be enough to hold the fort for a couple of seasons to allow the team to develop Brohm, or a new drafted QB instead of just throwing them to the wolves.

Here are my thoughts:

1) I don't think it would cost as much as you might think...maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder..no way with his injury concerns any team is giving up a first

2) Nothing wrong with him starting a few years while we draft a good QB and groom him properly...doesn't always need to get thrown in his first year as many teams have done to their rookie QBs...

3) This team would at least be in the playoff discussion week 16 and 17 with McNabb playing QB...

If we have what the eagles want, and they are willing to trade him, we do it. He is a franchise QB, something the Bills have not had since Kelly.

No reason ANYONE here should not want him. Even a 1st rounder would be acceptable in my book. I mean why not? Fills our biggest hole with an immediate contributer. :wallbash:

If we have what the eagles want, and they are willing to trade him, we do it. He is a franchise QB, something the Bills have not had since Kelly.

No reason ANYONE here should not want him. Even a 1st rounder would be acceptable in my book. I mean why not? Fills our biggest hole with an immediate contributer. :lol:

Revisit the Bears' '09 season. McNabb is not the last piece to our puzzle here. We need our 1st and 2nd Round draft choices to address the LT position and get a beast NT for our 3-4 defense, but I wouldn't be hurt if we got McClain in the 1st and a LT in the 2nd. :wallbash: All I would give up for McNabb is this year's 3rd and a conditional next year.

Bring in McNabb and Tebow (and the best affordable LT available). Let TT sit a couple of years and climb the mountain. Let him learn the game from a winner.

Stand pat on Receivers and RB's - maybe deal Marshawn in the McNabb deal.

Let TO go somewhere else - he's not worth the $$.

To the OP:

Okay so you're at the registration page signing up for a forum to discuss your favorite football team.

Username. It's a difficult question, I'll admit. This will be your moniker from here on out, so you better choose wisely. Some people choose their nickname, others pop culture references, or likewise hilarious buffalo related phrases. What you did was something quite a bit more original. I applaud you for that, and I'm a little shocked no one thought to enter that as their username for the board's first 8 years of existence.

Unfortunately there is nothing original about the topic of his post.

I think McNabb would at best be a stop-gap measure and would not want him brought here if the expense of doing so was too great. He would be the starter and would definitely help to improve our offensive game. He won't likely be around long enough to get The Bills into the big dance and that's probably a good thing. I say that because he melts down in big games more than any other QB in NFL history.

He is a good temporary fix. He has played in some big games, is good at throwing it downfield.

He does have an annoying habit of skipping balls into the ground at inopportune times.

Bills simply cannot give up premium picks for him. There are too many holes in the lineup.

Think Rich Gannon going to Oakland for the last few years of his career or Deberg going to KC. It can work for a while.

I cannot think of ONE reason of why they should not go after him full force. Just think about the offense over the last 10 years. They could still draft a qb in the first if their guy fell to them. This way, you are insuring the 2010 season as well as the future. This line CAN still be fixed in one year with health, FA and a smart draft.

I just don't see Andy Reid letting McNabb go this year, probably drops his trade value for the season after but those young receivers have been coming along too nicely especially jackson. Here's to hoping Kolb is their man.

Does anyone else see McNabb bitching and moaning if he gets traded here?

we cant give up either of our top 2 picks but beyond that i'm all for it...you dont often see player for player trades but i'd trade lynch or jackson(talent for talent) in a second.

Not sure if this is too far fetched, but why not offer to swap first rounders this year with them giving us McNabb to offset the value? Is that not enough/too much? ;)