• Yes, but I buy it for the articles
    • Yes, I am a girl
    • No, wife / girlfriend would object
    • No, I like men
    • No, other reasons
    • No, I am a girl
    • No, waste of money
    • Yes, I already subscribe

Anybody who stills pays money to flog the dolphin is dumb.

Or, in your case, the minnow.

And anyway...if 4 out of 10 are buying it, odds are I can borrow one of at least six copies that will be purchased by the guys I work with.

There's no way 40% of American men buy it. Just look at the poll and it's a fraction of that. CNN owns SI now so it's no surprise they're inflating the figure.

Exactly what I was going to say.....I've been reading the book Freakonomics and they talk about how these places throw out these numbers all the time, based on nothing...........I read this stat over the weekend, and it's one they talk about: 1 out of 3 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime. The book says it's not even close to that, but who is going to step up and challenge them. Same thing happens with disease stats, and I'm sure something like this BS.

There's no way 40% of American men buy it. Just look at the poll and it's a fraction of that. CNN owns SI now so it's no surprise they're inflating the figure.

Exactly what I was going to say.....I've been reading the book Freakonomics and they talk about how these places throw out these numbers all the time, based on nothing...........I read this stat over the weekend, and it's one they talk about: 1 out of 3 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime. The book says it's not even close to that, but who is going to step up and challenge them. Same thing happens with disease stats, and I'm sure something like this BS.

Exactly. This is why politicians are successful. They make up complete b.s. and people just accept it without ever questioning it, no matter how absurd.

According to SI's rate card, their circulation for the swimsuit issue is 4.5MM (normal is 3.1MM). So, 4.5MM/150MM men in the US equals roughly 3%.