Ernie Warlick had a Quad Bypass at 80

That is my recollection also. The place was later (for a long time) "Tony's Ranch House" until some low life about 7 years ago tried holding up the place and shot and killed the owner, George AFTER he gave the holdup man the money. Apparently George, like Ernie Warlick, was also a great guy and very civic minded.

I concur with the others, Cinci. Let's keep everyone's political views out of this.

BTW, I went to high school with Ernie's Warlick's daughter, Lynne. She graduated Williamsville East the same year I did...1978. I think she then attended Boston University. Very nice girl.

I also was neighbors with Butch Byrd who's kids, Butch (George Jr) and Sharon also attended Williamsville schools.

Well, hope Ernie is doing well in his recovery. Never heard a bad thing about him and he is a living link to the glory days of the Bills.

Maybe someday when we win a Super Bowl, all the Buffalo transplants and former players can all reconvene in the beautiful Queen City of the Great Lakes and have a party that will rival the one going on in New Orleans right now.

wow SJB--u musta lived in chapel woods....i didnt live far from there...-my little sis was buddies with Butch's daughter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No night at Gabels was ever complete without stopping at the original Mighty Taco which was a short stagger down the street on Hertel.

I worked at one of the very early Mighty Tacos...the one on Bailey near UB...corner of Lisbon.

We stayed open till 4 am to serve the bar crowd. At 5 in the morning there would be a line out the door. Crazy times.

wow SJB--u musta lived in chapel woods....i didnt live far from there...-my little sis was buddies with Butch's daughter

Yeah Cali, lived in Woodstream Farms on Briarhill. I think the Byrds lived on Brandywine. O.J. Simpson lived very close by as did Paul Snyder. The former Braves power forward, Bob Kauffman lived a stone's throw away from our place.

Hope Ernie's doing well. I wonder where we get news of him?

I worked at one of the very early Mighty Tacos...the one on Bailey near UB...corner of Lisbon.

We stayed open till 4 am to serve the bar crowd. At 5 in the morning there would be a line out the door. Crazy times.

I bought a used car, my first car, from the guy who owned the Texaco station at Bailey and Lisbon.

Ahhhh the good old days!!!! :nana:

Yeah Cali, lived in Woodstream Farms on Briarhill. I think the Byrds lived on Brandywine. O.J. Simpson lived very close by as did Paul Snyder. The former Braves power forward, Bob Kauffman lived a stone's throw away from our place.

Hope Ernie's doing well. I wonder where we get news of him?

what year you graduate from HS?..i knew Bob Kaufman..lol--and i must know you.i lived closer than a stones throw from him.sheesh--sammmalleffing world.

just noticed u graduated in 78. i gradded in 76..maybe i dont know u--didnt hang out with younger kids much as a youth..but u never know

I lived on West and School Street. Across from PS 18.

Delaware Park was fantastic. I think it still is. Last year I went by there. That whole area has not changed too much.

The Delaware Park/Zoo area is still a very nice area. Whenever I get back hom I enjoy going back there. The area I grew up at, Vermont and 16th, has dramatically changed. It is not a safe area to be in.