Ernie Warlick had a Quad Bypass at 80

That's it. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Now I can be neurotic over some other piece of non-essential facts. :worthy:

Wait..there's more! :worthy:

There was a Henry's on Hertel just west of Delaware, in the Maxim's parking lot opposite P.S. 21. There was a Bflo. PD precinct a ways up Hertel (Precinct 13???? I recall it was Detective district "D"). A deeply-respected goombah of mine worked out of there.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait..there's more! :worthy:

There was a Henry's on Hertel just west of Delaware, in the Maxim's parking lot opposite P.S. 21. There was a Bflo. PD precinct a ways up Hertel (Precinct 13???? I recall it was Detective district "D"). A deeply-respected goombah of mine worked out of there.

I can recall Precinct 7, on Colvin near Hertel. Unfortunately I spent a little bit of time in there after a night of partying at Gabels. :worthy:

I can recall Precinct 7, on Colvin near Hertel. Unfortunately I spent a little bit of time in there after a night of partying at Gabels. :)

Were the hosts kind enough to give you a balony sandwich on stale bread? Were the cells adequately cleaned from the regular puking sessions of its guests? :thumbsup:

I can recall Precinct 7, on Colvin near Hertel. Unfortunately I spent a little bit of time in there after a night of partying at Gabels. :D

omg Gabels...............--life was one big damnn party back then...-very hazy days and im not talking about the weather

Good thing he doesn't live in Europe or Canada...a bypass surgery at age 80, there? :D

I come here to get away from petty politics so take your douchebag comments back to a Fox News sponsored message board where I'm sure they'll be well received...retard.

He owned a Henry's at the corner of Grant and Forrest, too. He spoke at a sports banquet at my school (Campus School located on the Buff. State campus) and was great. Butch Byrd, for what it's worth, lived in our apartment building and was a great guy, too.

Didn't Butch Byrd live in an apartment building on Delaware Ave. not far from West Ferry St? I have heard from others who knew Byrd who also say that he was a very terrific fellow. A very grounded person.

I come here to get away from petty politics so take your douchebag comments back to a Fox News sponsored message board where I'm sure they'll be well received...retard.

...douchebag...retard...Nice - another highlight to add to the below, from your 14 posts so far...

“Dungy is a bug-eyed, skeletor-looking, self-righteous born-again blowhard.”

“Esmonde should stick to public-interest stories about little old ladies and cats stuck in trees.”

“Did Bills get Wood after they took Levitre?”

“I'd like to see a split between spellers and non-spellers”.

“This is good because there is a strong Buffalo presence down here but bad because all these young and seemingly smart folks are moving out of Buffalo. I was kicked out in 94 so that's my excuse.”

“Vick is black and he's brash in that thugged-out kinda way. This plays a large part in how the public (white public) is treating this. You can say it don't but it do.”

“Who recalls Bills most toxic promotional campaign/giveaway item, the Whammy Weenie”?

He owned a Henry's at the corner of Grant and Forrest, too. He spoke at a sports banquet at my school (Campus School located on the Buff. State campus) and was great. Butch Byrd, for what it's worth, lived in our apartment building and was a great guy, too.

Thats the Burger joint I am alluding to in my original note. I lived on the West side as a kid. That Henry's was known as "Ernie's".

I remember the Campus School - SW corner of the Buff State property, IIRC. Does it still operate?

Wait..there's more! :unsure:

It was on Hertel between Elmwood & Military. Burgers were brutal but the fries were pretty good. The strip mall had an Acme's Supermarket, Maxim's sounds right but I'm not sure, maybe Kings? (could be a name change) Definitely Precinct 13, next to Cardinal Dougherty H.S.

Thats the Burger joint I am alluding to in my original note. I lived on the West side as a kid. That Henry's was known as "Ernie's".

I also grew up on the west side, Vermont and 16th street. My parents then moved to Tacoma and Virgil, near Hertel ave. Always enjoyed Delaware Park.

I think it was on Main - a Henry's Hamburger franchise, IIRC.

Also IIRC, he had a gig on on one the Bflo tv channels, doing the weather back in the chalkboard days. It was sponsored by the long-defunct Simon Pure brewery - one time, he had a bottle in his huge hand, and it shattered when he brought it down hard, to a desk.

That is my recollection also. The place was later (for a long time) "Tony's Ranch House" until some low life about 7 years ago tried holding up the place and shot and killed the owner, George AFTER he gave the holdup man the money. Apparently George, like Ernie Warlick, was also a great guy and very civic minded.

I concur with the others, Cinci. Let's keep everyone's political views out of this.

BTW, I went to high school with Ernie's Warlick's daughter, Lynne. She graduated Williamsville East the same year I did...1978. I think she then attended Boston University. Very nice girl.

I also was neighbors with Butch Byrd who's kids, Butch (George Jr) and Sharon also attended Williamsville schools.

Well, hope Ernie is doing well in his recovery. Never heard a bad thing about him and he is a living link to the glory days of the Bills.

Maybe someday when we win a Super Bowl, all the Buffalo transplants and former players can all reconvene in the beautiful Queen City of the Great Lakes and have a party that will rival the one going on in New Orleans right now.

It was on Hertel between Elmwood & Military. Burgers were brutal but the fries were pretty good. The strip mall had an Acme's Supermarket, Maxim's sounds right but I'm not sure, maybe Kings? (could be a name change) Definitely Precinct 13, next to Cardinal Dougherty H.S.

The burgers were miniscule and the ketchup was overflowing. It more like a ketchup sandwich with the hamburger acting as the condimint. :nana:

I don't recall the Henry's on Hertel like you and Cinci do, but when I lived in Black Rock in about 1980, that was a Kings store in that plaza across from Precinct 13. There was also a deli across the street, Siwek's I think...Siwek was a Bflo Councilwoman for awhile. It might have been at the corner of St Florian.

Well obviously I miss my hometown of 35 years. Hope spring comes soon for all Western New Yorkers.

I also grew up on the west side, Vermont and 16th street. My parents then moved to Tacoma and Virgil, near Hertel ave. Always enjoyed Delaware Park.

I lived on West and School Street. Across from PS 18.

Delaware Park was fantastic. I think it still is. Last year I went by there. That whole area has not changed too much.