Anyone go to Dennys for the free Grand Slam?

Just Jack

just imagine if everyone that visited denneys today left 'only a dollar'....the sheer volume of people will have that waitstaff seeing more in tips than they will in a weeks work, i bet........

I was listening to the group of college kids in front of me saying how they would ask for water and only leave $1 for their tip.

nothing says i am frugal for taking advantage of something that is being offered to me.....everyone likes getting stuff for free....we overpay for so much, it feels as though maybe someone cares....of course i am smart enough to realize that the volume of people showing up and the publicity surrounding it are gonna make denneys a butt load of money....its a psychological thing for us consumers....and if someone is willing to endure the wait, i wouldn't put them down for doing it...i would be more jealous that i wasnt there with them enjoying something 'free'.....

I can understand that. To each his own. Personally the $6.00 it would cost me to avoid the "giveaway scene" would be money well spent.

I worked at one about 30-35 years ago.The coffee then was 40 cents a cup. The manager told us you would have to drink 14 cups for them to lose $- in other words, the company cost was 3 cents a cup. Probably the same margin on it now. The other big money maker was toast.

I got the large OJ, with tax came to $2.70, so I added $5 for tip. I figured there would be people that would only tip on what the check was, not taking into account what a GS actually costs.

I always tip the owner of the parking lots where I park in atleast 25%. I figure the poor guy has to put up with a lot of crap.

I always tip the owner of the parking lots where I park in atleast 25%. I figure the poor guy has to put up with a lot of crap.

I'll remember that next season. Should I try to give it to the money taker or send it to AllPro, or One Bills Drive?

Sounds like when Ground Round left Syracuse,

Never understood how the Ground Round went out of business. Free peanuts, free popcorn, cheap sangria by the pitcher. You could sit there all night and barely spend anything. OK maybe that explains it...............