Anyone go to Dennys for the free Grand Slam?

Just Jack

Thinking of going for lunch. So far, I've heard crowds weren't bad, it there were any.

Not possible here - the 5 or 6 in the Cincy area were shuttered - literally padlocked in the dead of night about 5 years ago, stiffing their employees out of their pay.

Besides - going to Denny's ain't gonna help your weight loss goals - right? Can you give me a Belinda here?

:w00t:

Not possible here - the 5 or 6 in the Cincy area were shuttered - literally padlocked in the dead of night about 5 years ago, stiffing their employees out of their pay.

Besides - going to Denny's ain't gonna help your weight loss goals - right? Can you give me a Belinda here?

:w00t:

okay - belinda.

Sounds like when Ground Round left Syracuse, except they called the restaurants during dinner rush and told them to close up right then, on Valentines Day, 6 years ago.

I went by the one on Jefferson Ave in Rochester on the way to get my new glasses and the line was out the door and around the building. I went to the one in Fishers instead and it took me about 20 minutes to get in and about 15 minutes to get served. The one on Jefferson probably had a 45 minute wait time just to get in.

They charged me $1.99 for a cup of coffee!!

friend of mine went to one in Richmond, said it was a 45 minute wait, and there are only 2 in richmond....he said it wasnt bad

That reminds me of the family guy Y2K episode where they're trying to rebuild and Chris is like "Let's build 2 Denny's so we can always say lets not go to that one. Lets go to the good one"

Not my style. Nothing says I'm a total cheap ass like waiting in line for free pancakes and eggs. I hate cheap people. When I go out I tip big and my servers/bartenders appreciate it. I can go to one local restaurant in particular and be seated immediately even when there is a full waiting room and line out the door.

Not my style. Nothing says I'm a total cheap ass like waiting in line for free pancakes and eggs. I hate cheap people. When I go out I tip big and my servers/bartenders appreciate it. I can go to one local restaurant in particular and be seated immediately even when there is a full waiting room and line out the door.

Oh, trust me, I'm a good tipper having worked at a couple places. It takes alot for me to leave less than 20%. My tip today based on what the check said was about 200%.

Oh, trust me, I'm a good tipper having worked at a couple places. It takes alot for me to leave less than 20%. My tip today based on what the check said was about 200%.

That's good. When I saw those commercials during the SB I was thinking of the poor waitstaff that were going to have to tend to the cheapskates that come out of the woodwork, order a water, and take off without tipping. When I moved here to Charlotte, I quickly discovered that southerners really don't believe in tipping like they do in NY. You'd be surprised at how many people think that a waiter/waitress is "doing their job" and don't realize that they count on tips.

nothing says i am frugal for taking advantage of something that is being offered to me.....everyone likes getting stuff for free....we overpay for so much, it feels as though maybe someone cares....of course i am smart enough to realize that the volume of people showing up and the publicity surrounding it are gonna make denneys a butt load of money....its a psychological thing for us consumers....and if someone is willing to endure the wait, i wouldn't put them down for doing it...i would be more jealous that i wasnt there with them enjoying something 'free'.....