Murtha is Dead

blzrul

Come on people. The guy just died, can we please show some decency? He was an American public servant- whether you agreed with him politically is beside the point, show some human decency! :thumbsup:

I don't think that anyone has been mocking him as a person or disrespecting his service to this country. In fact, I haven't seen anyone really mention his politics yet.

There have been a couple of stupid puns made related to gall bladder surgery. No one is excited the man died. No one is tearing him down as a person, family man, veteran, or public servant.

At the request to give some implied tasteless stock answers to his death, 3 people answered. In fact, all 3 answered in the form of a question relating back to the request. As if asking if their replies were what the request was asking for.

Lighten up, no one is out here with placards picketing his death.

Now that he's been dead for 24 hours, I have to ask; does this mean we can get back the near one million dollars that was put in the stimulus funds to re-pave one of the runways at Murtha Airport. I mean, Murtha was one of maybe five people who use that airport, and over the years he's received in excess of $200 million just for the airport, including an $8 million traffic radar system that is unstaffed and is doing nothing.

How about it? Close the airport. Put the million dollars toward the debt.

Who's with me?

Oh puh-lease. On any given day the wingnuts were calling him a "POS", or worse.

Just as the only time you hear about a "birther" is when a lib (or the President now!) mentions them, the only one bringing up disrespecting Murtha....is YOU.

And Im sure the day Bush, even Papa Bush, kicks the bucket, the lib blogs will be models of decorum, right?

RIP Murtha, and condolences to your family and friends.

Seems to me some are trying to use his death as a down payment for cover on how they want to respond to the ultimate demise of politicians they don't agree with. Boo Hiss to them. Thank you John Murtha for your service to our country. I'm not sad to think that a more responsible person may be taking your seat in the US House of Representatives, but I never wished you dead.