how did Floyd Little make the HOF??

Moreso than Randle or Dent?

The reaction to this year's vote was amusing to watch, via the Twitter feeds of several voters and various other NFL beat writers. Denver's ticked that Shannon Sharpe didn't get in, too. Oakland can't believe that Reed made the top 10 and Tim Brown didn't. And, of course, the same people who bitched about the previous disrespect shown to Cris Carter are even more vociferous this time around.

Good place as any to toss in Jeff MacGregor's take on the process:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...tory?id=4897379

I think he was possibly better than Dent, and quite possibly better than Randle too. When I think of Haley, I think of a guy who elevated his play in the postseason. He was a beast in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. I remember him single-handedly embarrassing Wolford at the Rose Bowl. Five Super Bowl rings! He was a key player on four of those squads.

EDIT - I know he had fewer sacks than those guys. I just think he was one of the great difference makers for a 10 year run.

Moreso than Randle or Dent?

The reaction to this year's vote was amusing to watch, via the Twitter feeds of several voters and various other NFL beat writers. Denver's ticked that Shannon Sharpe didn't get in, too. Oakland can't believe that Reed made the top 10 and Tim Brown didn't. And, of course, the same people who bitched about the previous disrespect shown to Cris Carter are even more vociferous this time around.

Good place as any to toss in Jeff MacGregor's take on the process:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...tory?id=4897379

According to what Peter King had to say in MMQB, Jeff Legwold did a lot of campaigning on Little's behalf this year and may have been the reason he got in.

Upon seeing it first hand for the last 15 years, Denver fans and media have a HUGE "hall of fame chip" on their shoulders (dare I say even bigger than Buffalo fans do), and every year they find someone to hold up as the patron saint of HOF screwjobs. This year it's Sharpe (IMO deserving of being in), it used to be Little and Randy Grandishar, in coming years it will be Terrell Davis (if he gets in, the whole HOF process is a sham). The criteria out here seems to be if he makes the Ring of Fame at Invesco, there's no reason he shouldn't be in Canton. :unsure:

According to what Peter King had to say in MMQB, Jeff Legwold did a lot of campaigning on Little's behalf this year and may have been the reason he got in.

Upon seeing it first hand for the last 15 years, Denver fans and media have a HUGE "hall of fame chip" on their shoulders (dare I say even bigger than Buffalo fans do), and every year they find someone to hold up as the patron saint of HOF screwjobs. This year it's Sharpe (IMO deserving of being in), it used to be Little and Randy Grandishar, in coming years it will be Terrell Davis (if he gets in, the whole HOF process is a sham). The criteria out here seems to be if he makes the Ring of Fame at Invesco, there's no reason he shouldn't be in Canton. :unsure:

TD deserves to be in more than Little. At least Davis was a dominant player for three years in a row, was a SB MVP, and rushed for over 100 yards twice in the SB. Little had one really good year.

EDIT: Davis's post season stats:

1996:

14 carries, 91 yards

1997:

wildcard playoff game: 184 yards

divisional playoff game: 101 yards

AFC championship game: 139 yards

Super Bowl: 157 yards, 3 TDs, and the SB MVP

1998:

divisional playoff game: 199 yards

AFC championship game: 167 yards

SB: 102 yards (and 50 yards receiving)

8 playoff games: 1,140 yards. That averages out to 2,280 yards over a sixteen game season against the league's best competition.

Now, see, I think both Sharpe and Gradishar should have been in ahead of Little...

If they let Davis in, they had better let Mac Speedie in and should seriously consider Spec Sanders. Sanders was an absolute stud in his brief career.

Sanders was like a comet across the sky: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandSp00.htm. Great player. I think the NFL used to be generally pretty good about allowing guys in with short bursts of greatness (Sayers, Namath) who suffered debilitating injuries relatively early on. Now it's more like baseball -- e.g., who has the equivalent of 3000 hits or 500 homers or 300 wins or 2500 Ks? The thing is, the two sports aren't comparable because of the injury issue. In my humble opinion, I think Davis is a first ballot hall of famer based on his burst of glory and his unmatchable postseason career (really). But my vote doesn't count.