No perfect season, no super bowl

bananathumb

That's something that rarely gets mentioned. So it's ok to play and risk injury going for stats but it's not ok to play for an undefeated season? I'm so glad the Saints beat them.

They were playing the Bills. Any injuries were only going to happen on one side of the ball.

Is this still Bill Polian talking or you?

Polian is a very thin skinned man. A couple of years ago he hung up the phone during a WFAN interview because the radio personality was questioning if his team sitting players for resting purposes hurt his team in previous playoff appearances.

You are right about him being thin-skinned..which is why he won't fit in as a modern day bill. Its like Tebow not fitting in because he cried when they lost. I don't think we need people around here who get upset when we lose. I love the present mindset that losing is not something to get upset about and we can carry on with stoicism through bad football, bad drafts and poor regard in the football world with class and equanimity. Come to think of it shouldn't we maybe put Dick Jauron on the Wall of Fame...the new motto of the Bills..."what the hell."

Seriously we could use more guys like Polian if we were serious about turning this team around.

The decision for the colts to sit players was the right one, IMO. If the colts didn't sit players in the final two games, and went 16-0, and then lost in the Superbowl.. then 16-0 is meaningless. "you play to win the game" is false. You play to win the Superbowl.

Because they are the first UNDEFEATED team to do this. It's the whole reason why there was a controversy.

Perhaps. It is not however, the only thing OP is complaining about. Try following context better. Thanks

Baseball crucified Pete Rose for betting on games, but meanwhile the NFL does nothing when one of their teams essentially throws games.