Queen Fuggin Latifa?

Dante

Who picked this cow to sing anything? Let alone a US anthem? By definition she cant !@#$ing sing! Shes a "rapper" by trade no? What a disgrace. At least if you can't sing you better !@#$in look good. At least they had a hot blonde after that could kinda sing.

Who picked this cow to sing anything? Let alone a US anthem? By definition she cant !@#$ing sing! Shes a "rapper" by trade no? What a disgrace. At least if you can't sing you better !@#$in look good. At least they had a hot blood after that could kinda sing.

Ms. Underwood wasn't anything special, either.

All sizzle, no steak.

She was doing full finger curls on the microphone every two words to the point I thought she was going to drop it. As with the point about the ear monitor, she was WAAAAY off key on "and the home of the brave." It was loud in the stadium, granted, but it's still a testament to the lack of musical talent (not saying singing talent; there is a difference) that she couldn't close her eyes and stay on key for 3 more seconds.

There's nothing in trying to "make it your own" as many singers do with their flourishes, their get-up, and their Elmer-Fudd-on-a-blender vocalizations ALA Whitney Houston.

The last televised anthem that I remember being really good was Sheryl Crow at the MLB all-star game... might be 2 years ago now. Which surprised me, b/c I think most of her music sucks.

As Garrison Keillor says, the anthem should take ~50-55 seconds to sing. Longer than that, you're just calling attention to yourself, when the emphasis should be on the words of anthem.

Ms. Underwood wasn't anything special, either.

All sizzle, no steak.

She was doing full finger curls on the microphone every two words to the point I thought she was going to drop it. As with the point about the ear monitor, she was WAAAAY off key on "and the home of the brave." It was loud in the stadium, granted, but it's still a testament to the lack of musical talent (not saying singing talent; there is a difference) that she couldn't close her eyes and stay on key for 3 more seconds.

Agreed on the off-key at the end, otherwise she did an allright job. Certainly nothing special. My comment is about that white jumpsuit. It looked like she stole her outfit off a manikan at the Elvis museum. Pairing it up with the chunky heels made her look like a hooker. I wish people given the honor of singing our National Anthem would dress appropriately. Sigh.

Who picked this cow to sing anything? Let alone a US anthem? By definition she cant !@#$ing sing! Shes a "rapper" by trade no? What a disgrace. At least if you can't sing you better !@#$in look good. At least they had a hot blood after that could kinda sing.

Stay Classy. :thumbsup:

Being full figured and looking good, are not prerequisites to be a great singer. Look at Aretha Franklin & Chaka Khan. (Well, at least Chaka still looks good.)

She has had a successful career transitioning from r&b to hip hop and then back to r&b again.

She did a better job than that trailer trash carri underwood.

Being full figured and looking good, are not prerequisites to be a great singer. Look at Aretha Franklin & Chaka Khan. (Well, at least Chaka still looks good.)

She has had a successful career transitioning from r&b to hip hop and then back to r&b again.

She did a better job than that trailer trash carri underwood.

Actually they both sucked. Carrie Underwood = a Diner waitress. "Y'all want some more coffee, hon?"

America.

;)

It shouldn't be a lot to ask that whomever sings a anthem can actually sing should it? I could care a less what the musical background is as long as the person is skilled. Letting a rapper sing automatically prevents that.

It shouldn't be a lot to ask that whomever sings a anthem can actually sing should it? I could care a less what the musical background is as long as the person is skilled. Letting a rapper sing automatically prevents that.

Why should it be sung? Afterall it is a poem... Do it anyway one wants to. Doesn't that symbolize the US the best?

Point of note, Queen Latifah didn't sing the national anthem...Carrie Underwood did.