How many of us wanted Hargrove gone?

Seeing Hargrove today reminded me how we all decided he was a worthless bum after he was arrested in Rochester.

PTR

He was.

He himself admits that he had to hit rock bottom for him to finally get himself turned around.

I'm sorry, but he 'aint that great.

Last time I checked, the Bills were a professional football team and not an addiction center.

Look, the Bills have made many personnel mistakes, but letting Hargrove leave wasn't one of them. Remember, they traded for him, hoping to get a diamond in the rough after a history of problems in St. Louis. The Bills were very patient with him, hoping that he would eventually bear some fruit. When he was healthy (and actually eligible) to play, he did show some flashes. However, his off-field issues really left the Bills with no other choice.

Look, the Bills have made many personnel mistakes, but letting Hargrove leave wasn't one of them. Remember, they traded for him, hoping to get a diamond in the rough after a history of problems in St. Louis. The Bills were very patient with him, hoping that he would eventually bear some fruit. When he was healthy (and actually eligible) to play, he did show some flashes. However, his off-field issues really left the Bills with no other choice.

I always like Hargrove's ethusiasm but jimming cripes, the late hit last night was hysterical. You got things going your way, you're on a path to win the big game, and you hit a guy a late when he's on the ground? they tend not to let those kinds of things go. ever.

No sweat letting him go, it was the right move. Good luck to him.

Please.

Drug abuser, Alcohol abuser. And he hit a cop.

He was not an "abuser."

His was diagnosed as dependent. This is something totally different. He did not drink socially. He was not able to do a line of blow, once, and not go back. He became addicted to these habits, which led to legal problems. When you have legal problems due to using, that is when you are no longer an abuser. It is a different level, it is a disease.

The disease of addiction is horrible. People suffer from this, and for many, it is not within their own control. Anthony Hargrove was/is a perfect example of this. I can only imagine the internal demons he faced. I feel for the guy...

Very happy to see he has defeated those demons, for now, and is doing well in life. :unsure:

I just hope he understands it is a life long batte. Once it's there, it never goes away.

The success rate of rehabilitation/treatment today is below 10%. That is sad.

(*And before you start arguing with me about this, please understand that I have been "there." I am also 1 internship and a CASAC exam away from being qualified to counsel/teach in NY state.)

I was a little sick watching him running up behind the HOFer carrying the trouphy and waving his pom-poms around like he single handedly carried the Saints to the SB. If it wasn't for his "injury" and the cheap late hit, I wouldn't have even known he played in the game. I think alot of this is that he is a former Bill who got into the spotlight during a big game so fans make him out to be better then he was.

The other thing that made me sick was hearing the owner go on about the city of NO. If it wasn't for a natural disaster focusing on your teams location, and basically getting your stadium renovated on the governments dime becuase it was destroyed, the team would be somewhere else right now. He was trying to move them while they were relocated during the rebuild after the huricane. Now that they are champs, he is praising the city and its people