Now That The Season Is Over

/dev/null

I know what you mean. Football season is all there is. Everything else is just fillers until the next season. This is why I believe there is a market for an NFL spring league. Every team ought to field a spring squad. I know NFL Europe didn't work but that had the added expense of running a league outside the USA. The NFL has the stadiums, they have their own TV network, and they have enough fans who want to keep cheering for their team year round.

PTR

I know what you mean. Football season is all there is. Everything else is just fillers until the next season. This is why I believe there is a market for an NFL spring league. Every team ought to field a spring squad. I know NFL Europe didn't work but that had the added expense of running a league outside the USA. The NFL has the stadiums, they have their own TV network, and they have enough fans who want to keep cheering for their team year round.

PTR

Nah, nobody wants to watch scrubs. I think it would be treated with about the same attention as AAA baseball.

Maybe it is just me, but I actually think Football is pretty much year-round now. I mean, the season technically just ended, but as far as I am concerned, the 2010-2011 Season just started!

We are just 3 weeks or so away from the Combine. Now, I know I am maybe in the minority, but I love the Combine and love watching all that it has to offer. I love the build-up to the Draft and the Combine interests me a lot. Again, I am one of those people that eat, breathe and sleep football. I love it all and I can't wait to watch all of the coverage of the Combine.

Then, just a few days after the Combine is over, Free Agency gets underway!!! That is always an exciting time!!!! Now, I know the Bills, in the recent past especially, usually don't do anything big, but it is always exciting to have the possibility of something happening. With the Bills making major changes to their organization this season, Free Agency has the chance to be more interesting for the Bills than usual.

Of course, the Draft is right around the corner from there!!!! I LOVE THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!!! The Draft is one of the best times of every football season!!!!! I can't get enough of it. Again, it may be me....a freak fan, but I love it. I can't wait!

With the end of the Draft comes the beginning of Minicamps! Before you know it it is training Camp and the Preseason! Sure, some of this may not interest everyone, but I love it all!

So yeah.............it seems like it is a VERY LONG TIME before next season starts, but with the way the offseason is now structured, there is most always something going on. Being a Bills fan, I almost need the offseason and the changes that it brings to get me excited about the chances of being a Playoff factor next year! It seems that no matter how bad we look year in and year out, I always find that optimism somewhere during the offseason to believe we can finally break this Playoff drought! This year will be easier to get excited knowing that Dicky J won't be clapping after bad plays on the Sidelines or telling me how tough it is to win in the NFL (while watching other teams win year in and year out without any drop-off) next season!

All that being said, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S GO BILLS.......2010-2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it is just me, but I actually think Football is pretty much year-round now. I mean, the season technically just ended, but as far as I am concerned, the 2010-2011 Season just started!

We are just 3 weeks or so away from the Combine. Now, I know I am maybe in the minority, but I love the Combine and love watching all that it has to offer. I love the build-up to the Draft and the Combine interests me a lot. Again, I am one of those people that eat, breathe and sleep football. I love it all and I can't wait to watch all of the coverage of the Combine.

Then, just a few days after the Combine is over, Free Agency gets underway!!! That is always an exciting time!!!! Now, I know the Bills, in the recent past especially, usually don't do anything big, but it is always exciting to have the possibility of something happening. With the Bills making major changes to their organization this season, Free Agency has the chance to be more interesting for the Bills than usual.

Of course, the Draft is right around the corner from there!!!! I LOVE THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!!! The Draft is one of the best times of every football season!!!!! I can't get enough of it. Again, it may be me....a freak fan, but I love it. I can't wait!

With the end of the Draft comes the beginning of Minicamps! Before you know it it is training Camp and the Preseason! Sure, some of this may not interest everyone, but I love it all!

So yeah.............it seems like it is a VERY LONG TIME before next season starts, but with the way the offseason is now structured, there is most always something going on. Being a Bills fan, I almost need the offseason and the changes that it brings to get me excited about the chances of being a Playoff factor next year! It seems that no matter how bad we look year in and year out, I always find that optimism somewhere during the offseason to believe we can finally break this Playoff drought! This year will be easier to get excited knowing that Dicky J won't be clapping after bad plays on the Sidelines or telling me how tough it is to win in the NFL (while watching other teams win year in and year out without any drop-off) next season!

All that being said, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S GO BILLS.......2010-2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed that the NFL is year round now. I too am a freak and just put in a vacation request at work for the full week of the draft. I would love Promos bit about an NFL spring league. I wanna see me some Lonnie Harvey and other prospects. A few of my close friends played D3 football and were very very good. Not saying they would ever make it in the NFL, but some of the D3 games (Cortaca for sure!) are the best ive evr been to, and talent is there for sure, and I think this would maybe give some of those guys the looks a few of them deserve.

Agreed that the NFL is year round now. I too am a freak and just put in a vacation request at work for the full week of the draft. I would love Promos bit about an NFL spring league. I wanna see me some Lonnie Harvey and other prospects. A few of my close friends played D3 football and were very very good. Not saying they would ever make it in the NFL, but some of the D3 games (Cortaca for sure!) are the best ive evr been to, and talent is there for sure, and I think this would maybe give some of those guys the looks a few of them deserve.

Talents not there, your friends are a joke.

Draft has been the only enjoyable part of the year long football season for the past decade. Lets do a 1st round mock draft competition this year.

Talents not there, your friends are a joke.

Draft has been the only enjoyable part of the year long football season for the past decade. Lets do a 1st round mock draft competition this year.

First off I bet you have never been to a good D3 game, or you would not be saying that at all. Obviously not all of them are going to be very good. But like the NFL players need to develop. To say there is no talent there and "my friends are a joke" is just complete ignorance.

A first round mock competition would be fun.

First off I bet you have never been to a good D3 game, or you would not be saying that at all. Obviously not all of them are going to be very good. But like the NFL players need to develop. To say there is no talent there and "my friends are a joke" is just complete ignorance.

D3 football is solid but there is a reason there are a handful in the NFL. Actually, most of the D3 guys who are in the NFL were D1 dropouts and non qualifiers. That being said, there are a TON of D3 players who could play low level D1.

I am 28 years old, and still sort of believe that this KISS band is a gimmick. Sort of like a joke all people over age 40 are playing on the younger generation, a giant rib, a total work. There is no way that group ever had actual fans. I sometimes think the phenom might be real, that people actually like the group, but seriously... how can that be so?!

When does the season start?

:thumbsup:

September 12th - opening weekend (screw the Thursday night game, it still feels like pre-season to me)

Nah, nobody wants to watch scrubs. I think it would be treated with about the same attention as AAA baseball.

I like seeing a good AAA game in the ballpark, wouldn't watch it on TV though.

Olympics are fun.

If they would just get rid of all the touchy-feely stories and show actual competition I'd like it.

I am 28 years old, and still sort of believe that this KISS band is a gimmick. Sort of like a joke all people over age 40 are playing on the younger generation, a giant rib, a total work. There is no way that group ever had actual fans. I sometimes think the phenom might be real, that people actually like the group, but seriously... how can that be so?!

I like some KISS songs, but I wouldn't call me a fan. Now my cousin, that's another story.

I think an NFL sponsored spring developmental league would be very successful. People love college football and it's a huge moneymaker. The NFLDL would essentially be staffed by practice squad players, UFAs, and kids who decide that they would rather make $50k-150k a year in the NFL minors than play for free in college. It may turn out to be a better way to groom kids for the NFL, especially for QBs. From a marketing standpoint, if each NFL team had a minor league team with the same uniforms and name and superfans could follow their teams stars of the future. Some games could be played in distant cities to expand the parent franchise's fan base. I really see no downside for the NFL. The SEC could be pissed though.